[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's getting cold How do I stop cats, rats, and other small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 600x600
It's getting cold

How do I stop cats, rats, and other small mammals from going into the engine bay?
>>
>>14119754
Give in to the sadness and stop caring about faggot animals
>>
>>14119754
Spill washer fluid everywhere
>>
>>14119754

Garage.
>>
shoot them
>>
File: 1450643469347.gif (1 MB, 880x536) Image search: [Google]
1450643469347.gif
1 MB, 880x536
>high frequency deterrents kind of like a dog whistle only they can hear but you would need a plug
>rat poison, they eat then will leave the nest and go in search of water as it makes them thirsty
>may end up in washer fluid or a coolant line though
>lift the vehicle off the ground on jack stands, and grease the stands so they cannot climb
>>
I've been trying to figure out the same thing for my car since I'm storing it for winter time. Apparently I'm supposed to wrap the car in plastic sheeting and put steel wool in the exhaust and intake.
>>
>>14119754
I've seen some shit anon. I know your pain.
>turn key
>engine starts, miraculously
>all electronics are in poltergeist mode because mice used almost every inch of insulation from the wiring harness to make a fucking mouse mansion

Starting your car EVERY FUCKING DAY is the best way, but my family have two approaches when that's not an option:

1) Place open packets of d-con (rat poison) in several strategic locations in the engine compartment. You want them to be accessible, but not fall out while you're driving.

2) Pop open the hood and prop it up six inches. This will give the engine bay enough of a draft that it makes it much less attractive as a home.
>>
File: 1428532984214.jpg (665 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428532984214.jpg
665 KB, 1200x1000
slam it
>>
>>14120112
I started my old suburban and shredded the neighbor's cat once
>>
File: 1431153133420.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1431153133420.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>>14119892
>>lift the vehicle off the ground on jack stands, and grease the stands so they cannot climb
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.