[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in nj with a miata and so far it hasnt snowed yet. would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 603x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 603x461
I live in nj with a miata and so far it hasnt snowed yet. would buying a hatchback as winter beater be a waste of money?
>>
>>14119221
yes
if you cant drive a miata in winter you're a dumbass anyway
>owning more than one car
not very takumi bro
>>
Oh hey I also drive a Miata in NJ. Nigger buy fucking winter tires and it's perfectly DDable, yes it's a waste.
>>
>>14119260
>>14119221
this is how miatas rust out you dickheads

buy a $1000 corolla/prizm in the nicest shape possible from a little old lady
>>
>>14119262
>hurr durr ur stupid
>I think women take care of their cars

You can't have both of these in the same post
>>
>>14119262
>rust
nope
>>
>>14119268
>driving a 1990s japanese car in a place they throw down a million pounds of salt as soon as it hits below freezing

yeah you're asking for it

>>14119269
you too

explains why every miata i've seen for sale in the northeast has the rockers rotted to shit and the floors/trunk sheetmetal rusty and well on their way
>>
What part of NJ brah? Are you the dude I beat on River Rd a few months back?
>>
>>14119300
>muh anecdotal evidence

Also I'm not buying a third god damn car just for winter
>>
>>14119300
literally never seen a rusty car
stay
mad
>>
>>14119312
>never seen a miata

i would've never seen a rusty miata either if i never saw 10-15 of them when i was looking for one.

just type in miata rust or spend 5 minutes on craigslist you retard

>>14119310
then let it rust or use your second car that isn't a miata

duh
>>
>>14119262

Yeah this is what im worried about. If rust wasnt an issue id just slap soke winter tires on it, not to mention the insane amounts of salt that they use when it does snow
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 745x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 745x735
>>14119306

Right by philly on the river, not camden but close [spoiler] who would even live there anyway [/spoiler]
>>
>>14119326
My second car costs 5x as much and is also a sports car.
>>
>>14119312

A large amount of miatas in my area on craigslist are rusted in one way or another, mosty on the rockers. Its hard to find one that isnt
>>
What's up with all these miatas in nj?
Is the haggard garage disease taking effect?
>>
>>14119221
Jersey here, its going to be a waste of money but you're still going to be ruining your car with salt.

NJ salts the roads because of sub 10% chances of snow in the winter here.

Also we usually don't even get snow until late january.
and when we do you can drive in it fine if you're competent.
>>
Isn't there some thick oily shit people spray their undercarriages with that's salt proof? Just do that and maybe plastidip your rockers?
>>
>>14119432
So use the fuckin Memeata
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.