[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help /o/. Sister owns a 2012 impreza sedan. I changed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 20140223_180825.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20140223_180825.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
I need your help /o/.

Sister owns a 2012 impreza sedan. I changed the rear brake light bulbs on it this afternoon amd when I tried to start it, it wouldn't start. I don't think its a battery problem. Maybe it got immobilized?

No error codes with the OBD2 detector either.
>>
>>14118449
>auto
>km/h

I threw up a little.
>>
>>14118449
I really don't think those two things are related. What do you mean it won't start?
>>
>>14118486

Engine jus wont start. Whats the best way to confirm that my battery isnt dead? A voltmeter?
>>
>>14118449
Bad news Johnson, that's a civc
>>
>>14118499

Yeah thats my old car. Didnt have any other pic on the phone
>>
>>14118490
Is it cranking?
Do you turn the key and hear a single "click"

Give us more details OP
>>
>>14118490
>my sister's car
>my battery
well which one is it, op?
>>
>>14118503

Better yet, heres the video of when I try to start it.

https://vid(dot)me(slash)OiH0

>>14118510

Its my sister's.
>>
>>14118490
>Engine jus wont start.
Oh yea that's descriptive. Does the car power on? Does the starter turn the engine normally?
>>
>>14118561

Posted a short vid here >>14118535

Thanka m8s
>>
yes voltmeter should be 12.6 volts but may be lower if you've continuously cranked it, try jumping if voltage is lower than 12.2
>>
>>14118571
You thought I was going to make the effort to copy and paste that shit? Nah. Fuck off. Describe the issue or you get no help.
>>
>>14118479
so you can't handle
metric system you must be so smart
>>
>>14118752

metric yes
auto fuck off
>>
Try just turning the car on without fatfingering it all the way to the start position. You might actually get to see what the battery readout is.
>>
>>14118765

>Look at me, I am such a hardc0r3 carguy!!!
>>
>>14118449
Try remiving the negative terminal and resetting the car, then tighten the battery post real good.
My dad's 01 Mazda Tribute had the same issue.. just a loose battery connection
>>
Did you get single or dual element bulbs. Be sure and double check. You can look inside the bulb and see whether or not they are.
>>
>>14119414
Or you can simply use the correct bulbs for your car since all of its properties are enumerated in the specifications for the numerical bulb type it conforms to.
>>
>>14118449
Good strategy. You shouldnt have to work on that ever again.

>hey brother can you fix my truck that wont start.
>No i dont want to touch it
>tows it to my house anyways
>so far i have put a starter in including new bolts and fucked around with shims. Pretty sure the flexplate is fucked so i have to drop the transmission.
I DIDNT WANT TO WORK ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT!!!
>>
>>14119430
What do you think I'm trying to do? What are you a fucking faggpt? We all make make mistakes and sometimes the little books with the tables full of model years and bulb numbers have the same number for a single and a double filament. Shit happened to me one time and made current flow back through my dash lights every time I got on the brakes.

Jesus christ it's edgy tonight.
>>
>>14119469
>sometimes the little books with the tables full of model years and bulb numbers have the same number for a single and a double filament.
Why are you reading those instead of the fucking owner's manual? You're an idiot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.