[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why this is a bad buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (527 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
527 KB, 640x1136
>>
Creaks and rattles, a lot.
>>
cus its a hyundai
>>
Any good alternatives?
>>
CRV Rav4 Triscape
>>
Because it`s 2WD
>>
Hyundai's kick ass in snow. Other than that they feel like cheap rentals. But damn do they handle snow well.
>>
How many miles and which engine does it have?

Not bad cars as a whole, from the era of Hyundais where they more or less got their shit together mechanically speaking and build quality wise, but still lacked some polish and were sold at a discount. It seems that they all suffer from bad wheel bearings prematurely, and little things (door handles, power door lock actuators) may fail, but the car won't leave you stranded.
>>
You're paying 5k for a ten year old Hyundai.
>>
File: image.png (136 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 640x1136
Here's the specs. The dealer doesn't have the best reviews which is kind of sketch as well
>>
>>14117476
>2WD
>Korean
>older than 2008
>>
>>14117476
>Hyundai
>>
>>14117621

Nothing wrong with that bud, not all of us here are Takumi NEET basement dwellers driving around in old 240SXs. Sounds like OP just wants a cheap set of wheels with a bit of versatility.
>>
>>14117843
lol what versatility? that tucson has as much versatility as a corolla
>>
>>14117476
what has brought you to this car? And why are you looking a stealership? for 5000 bucks you could get many respectable cars. Buying a pre 2007 korean tiny crossover with 2wd and a 4banger seems like it has no advantages to me
>>
>>14117905

It's got quite a bit of useful space with the seats folded, more than a 5 door hatchback, for example. Extra bit of clearance doesn't hurt either if you go down a mild jeep trail to go hiking or something, even with fwd only.
>>
>>14117476

That's too much, you could buy a 2007 Santa Fe for that price.
>>
>>14117476
Don't get any Hyundai older than 2010. They were poorly built back then with a lot of electrical/mechanical problems.
>>
File: rav41.jpg (156 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
rav41.jpg
156 KB, 1024x577
>2WD
>Hyundai
>ugly

Why wouldn't you buy a RAV4, it's an infinitely better vehicle. Even the base model RAV4 makes a Hyundai look like a fucking Lada.
>>
just buy a geo tracker and stfu.
>>
File: impala.jpg (147 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147 KB, 1200x799
>>14117476
Its not an Impala.
>>
>>14117476
Cest slow comme dla marde
>>
>>14119620

Actually that generation Rav4's 4 cylinder engine has a pretty well known issue with headbolts that lead to blown head gaskets, not to mention that for that same $5k, chances are the Rav will be more used up. I'd rather recommend a clean 1st gen Honda CRV, they will truly go the distance, just make sure to keep the valves adjusted on the B20 and of course change the timing belt and rear diff lube.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.