[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Royal Purple worth the extra cash or should I just stick to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: oil.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
oil.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
Is Royal Purple worth the extra cash or should I just stick to Castrol/Mobil 1/etc.?
>>
It's not.
>>
Look up a comparison test
>>
>>14115732
>>14115734
>>14115751
Never change /o/
>>
RP is not bad, but doesn't warrant the extra cost.
Get a REAL type 5 full synthetic oil.
$50 a gallon for the real stuff
>>
File: Lenny.png (3 KB, 184x136) Image search: [Google]
Lenny.png
3 KB, 184x136
>>14115732 (you)
>>14115734 (you)
>>14115751 (you)
nice memey
>>
>>14115732
>>14115734
>>14115751
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/3yacd4/every_o_thread_ever/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14116657
REEEEE!!!!
>>
>>14115712
Is synthetic even worth it or is it snake oil?
>>
>>14115712
Just buy whatever is the cheapest on the rack from mobil/rp/penzoil platinum/castrol.

I've used them all. Changing at 7-8k miles. Opened the head at 80k miles on a car I had brand new, the head looked clean as hell. Was impressed on how clean it was.
>>
I just bought myself some Super-Tech engine oil. That's the real deal/
>>
>>14117582
Most quarts you will find are not full synthetic. I've always done synthetic for the convenience of just prolonging the oil change. Although synthetic will keep your engine cleaner if you do the basic maintenance intervals.
>>
unless you drive a ferrari or something like that and have lots of money - literally just use whatevers cheap.. unless you live somewhere where it snows in winter - then get something that has a low W number.

but for most of /o/, being the skinny poorfag that drives some old shitbox, literally use anything. even the shit from (Cheap Discount Store That Also Sells Food And Oil).

And do regular changes, no more than 10,000miles. or 50000. who cares, if you give a hoot about your car you dont need me to tell you this.
>>
File: elliot89.jpg (107 KB, 1135x398) Image search: [Google]
elliot89.jpg
107 KB, 1135x398
>>14115712

No. It's a meme/marketing gimic.
>>
Its not, google the horror stories.
Amsoil or go home.
>>
>>14116657
Ha ha ha ha ha EPIC

>Being surprised that /o/ is full of redditors and ebin /b/ro's

The average age around here must be 16
>>
Be on carsales.com.au

See a 90s turbo shitbox with stupid fucking wheels and painted in some obnoxious colour only a teenager would like.

"Serviced every 3000km with only royal purple oils"

Every single fucking time. And you can gaurantee they probably never serviced it and never wrenched on it themselves.
>>
>>14115788
The only real answer

Comparison tests still show that mobil 1,rotella and amsoil are the best synthetics you can buy.

Royal purple is not any better than those 3,although it scores relatively high to something like Castrol.

Even honda techs prefer to use amsoil for its high flash point for track use.
>>
it will kill your catalytic converters pretty quick, i think due to the added zinc burning off, or some chemical that carries the zinc or something.
>>
>>14117964
How scientific.
>>
>>14115712
No Royal purple is not worth the extra cash considering Penrite is better oil.
>>
who cares
oil is oil

ive used generic brand countlesss times, makes no fucking difference.
>>
File: image_8126.jpg (745 KB, 2466x3864) Image search: [Google]
image_8126.jpg
745 KB, 2466x3864
>>14120891

Switched from Royal Purple to Penrite racing 10

Found cold starts were better with the Penrite and the oil seems to be better suited for the engine. The royal always smelt a bit burn't even with the same 10w40.

Also heaps cheaper to fill up again after a service.
>>
>>14117964
>dorito detected
>>
>>14120920
I had the same problem with both Royal purple and Castrol 10w40 oils, my guess is the burning you smell is due to only being part synthetic oil.
Can't be a good thing whatever it is.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.