[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fun Trucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: ForWhatPurpose.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
ForWhatPurpose.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
Why do people say that you can't have fun driving a pickup truck?

What makes pickup trucks not fun to drive?

I was thinking that a regular cab truck would be a good vehicle for me, but I also occasionally like having fun when I drive, doing 70-80 on empty, curvy, hilly county highways in the Jap econobox that I am currently driving.
>>
Trucks will always be fun weather its a v8 or an i4 minitruck.
>tfw doing donuts and burnouts in a truck cause lolnoweight in the back
>>
>>14114909
>I also occasionally like having fun when I drive, doing 70-80 on empty, curvy, hilly county highways in the Jap econobox that I am currently driving.
Do that in a truck and you gon die.
>>
>>14114995
I wouldn't go as fast, I know that a pickup would of course be heavier and have a higher center of gravity.
>>
Getting a four cylinder '02 Ford Ranger for learning manual transmission and also supreme lulz. It's RWD, about 3000lbs, and can be got with a V6 all under $4000. I can already tell I'm gonna hoon around in it and fall in love. Trucks can be fun as hell, man, and if not they're at least cheap.
>>
>>14115016
I was leaning towards a VEE ATE full size. With a long box and regular cab, it's not much longer than the CX-9 my parents own.
>>
just get a holden ute and stfu
>>
>>14115036
>Holden
Why do I keep seeing this meme in pickup truck threads lately?

>Living in the USA
>Buying a ute
>>
I have a ton of fun driving in a pick up truck, but my fun is desert trashing. I wouldn't try to make a truck handle curves unless it was an AWD silverado SS.
>>
File: 11031422392.jpg (61 KB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
11031422392.jpg
61 KB, 4160x2340
I have a 79 hilux and its my redneck sports car.
mid build 20R- 130hp
2450lb curb weight
5speed
manual steer
fun as shit to careen off the road in.
>>
You people must live really boring lives if you think driving a truck on road is 'fun', it's like driving a blimp where the rear kicks out occasionally for no reason
>>
File: 1991 GMC Syclone.jpg (477 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
1991 GMC Syclone.jpg
477 KB, 1280x782
>>14114909
>Why do people say that you can't have fun driving a pickup truck?

Whoever seriously thinks this has obviously never heard of Performance Pickups.
>>
>>14115350
>performance truck

So basically you've taken something so far away from trucks and truck things to make it a really poorly performing car?

>b-but muh straight line
>>
>>14115361
>poorly performing

do me a favor and google that truck

look specifically at critical reactions to it
>>
File: ram_srt10.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ram_srt10.jpg
823 KB, 1920x1080
>>14115361
The idea is either to give a truck somewhat increased handling or very increased handling at the expense of some towing capability, and add power in either case.
>>
>>14115486
Stopped at an independent dealer that had one of these and they handed me the keys and let me check it out. Needless to say some of my future children were lost that day. Probably would have bought it if not for the 60k miles on a viper motor.
>>
I have fun driving my truck, it's not quick and it doesn't handle well but I still enjoy running around in it
>>
>>14114909

RAM with a Viper motor, Chevrolet SSR, f150 Raptor
>>
>making a top heavy vehicle as optimized as possible for good performance and fun driving experience to the a huge extent of most of its weight capacity capabilities
>>
>>14115796
>Top-heavy vehicle

As soon as they're lowered they have about the same height center as a car with a V8, if not lower. Definitely lower than a range Rover Sport or something. But usually they're wider, stiffer, and have thicker walled tires than a normal car so they won't roll as much in corners.

If it weren't for the fact that they have piss poor weight distribution front/back they're actually sports cars. But they do, so they're just fun toys that feel fast while really going nowhere.
>>
I have a 08 ram 1500 standard cab short box. It has been lowered 4 in the rear 2 up front. running 305/40-22 on all 4 corners. Hellwig sway bars front and rear. have the calvert racing caltracs rear suspension set up to keep the axle from wrapping causing wheel hop. I have lots of fun driving this thing in the corners and a blip of the throttle and she will be sideways. I enjoy a little drifting action. trucks can be fun especially when messin with the import boys. it's fast off the line and handles decently considering it's a pickup. she's not gonna win many road course races but she will keep up.
>>
>>14114909
1st or 2nd gen SVT Lightning are dope. Test drove and almost bought a cammed black first gen. Easily the most bad ass thing I've ever driven
>>
>>14115345
you've either only driven poorly maintained pickups with no working struts, or you're just really bad at driving without every god damn assist feature known to man. pickups are nimble as all fuck, a good set of soft compound tyres and some practice and you have yourself a fun as fuck touge truck.
>>
>drive a truck
>work a deadend retail job to pay for my 11mpg
>never haul anything or use the bed for anything more than the occasional mexican

I still have fun driving it
>>
>>14115367
The critics'reactions are all the same:
>Holy shit it's fast 0-60 and in the quarter mile, but it's literally worse than a Miata at everything else, including towing
>>
File: Image02212011163550.jpg (274 KB, 1039x600) Image search: [Google]
Image02212011163550.jpg
274 KB, 1039x600
>>14114909
You ever done donuts in the snow in a 4wd truck? Hard to find anything more fun. This truck was my favorite for that
>>
I don't know about corners, feels like you're gonna roll over and die at 35 mph, but hey at least you can do burnouts, burnouts are a neat trick.
>>
>>14119195
>you've either only driven poorly maintained shitboxes with no working struts, or you're just really bad at driving without every god damn assist feature known to man.
>pickups are the least nimble vehicles on the road. They're worse than any car stock and every dollar you spend on it would be better spent on parts for a car
>>
File: 1450665554746.gif (54 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1450665554746.gif
54 KB, 250x200
>>14114982
>weather
>>
>>14114909
the only thing not fun about trucks is having all your faggot friends/family/co-workers/neighbors trying to get you to haul their worthless shit all over the place all the time. I love pickup but I would never get another one.
>>
>>14119195
that's not the problem, the lack of any weight over the drive wheels and stiff rear suspension makes them very prone to snap oversteer
>>14119195
>pickups with no working struts
>pickups
>struts
>>
>>14115345
That's what makes it fun. Also minitrucks are fairly nimble and not floaty.
>>
What makes trucks fun is burnouts, drifts, and driving places you're not supposed to be able to. The former two can be done with any rwd vehicle.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.