[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cousin wants me to drive 3 hours to go look at this..worth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 00O0O_cE4rH5qOFJE_600x450[1].jpg (16 KB, 253x450) Image search: [Google]
00O0O_cE4rH5qOFJE_600x450[1].jpg
16 KB, 253x450
Cousin wants me to drive 3 hours to go look at this..worth?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5349045853.html
>>
I think so. The paint doesn't look too bad? Maybe a professional cut and polish would bring life back to the paint. Or just wrap it in vinyl.

Ask to see if the paint is that bad. Is it clear coat?
>>
white sw20 are always with it. v6 swap and roll out
>>
idk what its worth but its a good car.

doesnt really get much better than that for a stock configuration car this old.
>>
>>14113131

>Modified
>Interior looks absolutely disgusting and unmaintained.

Nope.

It looks like it was owned by a bunch of teenagers.

If you want to buy that old a car your best bet is to find one for sale by a boomer who calls it his "baby" and successfully talk him down from his unreasonable asking price.
>>
>>14113146
>v6 swap
the car wouldnt be worth what it is if it wasnt a turbo with all this work done to it.

if you want to swap then go buy an na for half the price...
>>
>>14113154
It's barely modified.
And the interior isn't dirty or unmaintained.
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>14113169
>It's barely modified.

You're the stupid one who can't read.

The ad listed all the modifications, idiot.

Car is far from stock
>>
>>14113169
It's a blue interior. Not the most popular but if you're keen enough you can swap it all out for black with a junk cars
>>
>>14113169
>And the interior isn't dirty or unmaintained.

>dirty seats
>stained carpets

Looks like shit for only 86,000 miles of use.
>>
>>14113180
>Far from stock
>Turbo + zaust + intercooler
>Fuel rail, pump
>LSD gearbox
>Flywheel+clutch
>CV shafts
And the rest is maintenance.

That's fuck all mods.
>>
>>14113198
Feel free to point out where any of that is.

It's a shit quality picture showing an interior from 1991. The seats don't have any tears and the dash isn't cracked, it's not bad at all.
>>
>>14113131
>3 hours
>Portland
>Eugenebro?
>>
>>14113201
That's... a lot of mods. Unless you change every single car part out routinely. Then I guess it's not that much.
>>
>>14113201

That's plenty of mods you fucking moron. There are MR2's for sale without any mods at all.

In fact. the typical car owner does 0 mods to their car.

It's incredible how detached from the real world people on here are.
>>
>>14113180
All his upgrades are sensible, OEM minded, and pluses.
Car was obviously built right and cared for.

Al the "mods" are just upgraded consumables. clutch, flywheel, cvs.. that's standard practice to go aftermarket when you replace them. LSD was an option for this car, it's great that he's done the work for me if I wanted to buy it. intercooler kit from an actual company is a big plus.

You're basically getting every sensible mod that you would do to this car anyway, for a 1/4 of the price.
>>
>>14113146
>V6 swap
>Already has a 3S-GTE with a bigger turbo
If you were doing that you'd buy a spotless late model NA one for $4.5k
>>
>>14113209

There are images in the ad.

I think this will help you more:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=local+optometrists
>>
>>14113217
>>14113218
I forgot you were american faggots.

Here in australia there's no such thing as a stock MR2/skyline/silvia/supra/whatever, a turbo upgrade isn't shit.

>>14113227
This.
The gearbox especially is a very common upgrade for earlier MR2s and with a new clutch+flywheel is a whole chunk of money you don't need to spend.
>>
>>14113160
3sgte << 2grfe

fact
>>
>>14113231
There's 1 (one) image of the interior in the ad and it has fucked white balance showing a tiny bit of wear on the seat bottom and the steering wheel, and a slightly dirty floor mat.

Oh boo fucking who, what a poor interior
>>
>>14113218
>>14113217
Jesus, I didn't know I was on Reddit.
All those "heavy mods" are all things you would do to an old car if you were at all performance conscious.

Do you guys drive stock 1990 civics or something?
Is your idea of a mod a cold air intake from Ingen?
Do you post in twingo threads?

This board is so awful..
>>
>>14113216

seattle....more like 2.5 hours
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.