[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart car tell me why i should not get one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: 1450220288626.jpg (102 KB, 965x524) Image search: [Google]
1450220288626.jpg
102 KB, 965x524
Smart car tell me why i should not get one?
>>
>>14112766
It's a smart car
fortwo
>>
>>14112772
Thats all i need plus gas is cheap too
>>
>>14112766
You could get something larger, faster, more economical and better to drive for less money.

Only reason to get one is that having a car that size benefits you in some way.
>>
On a more serious note, what makes you want one over say a Fit or Fiesta or Mazda2?
>>
>>14112766
Because if the only car you want is a smart car, you dont need a car. At that point you might as well take publuc transport or buy a bike
>>
Crumple zone is you.

Seriously, just fucking get a slightly bigger car like a Mazda 2, Scion iA, or older Civics.
>>
>>14112766
They're unreliable, and get worse gas milage than my Honda Fit.
>>
File: impala.jpg (147 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147 KB, 1200x799
>>14112766
New Impala would be far better.
>>
File: yiffmobile.jpg (79 KB, 1018x529) Image search: [Google]
yiffmobile.jpg
79 KB, 1018x529
>>14112814
>gubmint motors
>>
It's designed by Mercedes
>>
>>14112819
I've seen this countless times but only just now noticed the white sticker on the toolbox says "Men who wear diapers change the world"
I think I need to lie down.
>>
Cost MB money on each one

Wait that's not really a con
>>
>>14112996
It says "men who change diapers change the world". Still stupid, but you can get back up.
>>
>>14112766
I have one and I DD it
I love the little thing but if you want one huge problem with these cars is that the tranny is a single clutch automated tranny, if you leave it in Auto mode, it will shift like the oldest granny that still has a licence that your grandmother knows
Leave it in manual and learn how to time your shifts and it will be a MUCH better car
That said YOU MUST get the flappy switchers on the steering wheel, since I'm betting you are an American, and the American versions of these cars got the stupid PNRD Shifter, probably because americans couldn't understand Semi Autos and the manual position is so close to the key that you will scrub it all the time when shifting
Everywhere else in the world the manual position is better placed and you wont touch the key when using it

also, stay away from the MHD versions, they don't have the tarbo and make around 50hp
If you are buying new, the newest models have a dual clutch and manual options, do get them
if you are buying used, get a 2011 made car, since for some reason, Mercedes used better mapped ECUs and the cars make 91hp instead of the normal 80hp other year models do

Brabus smart is for people that want to pretend they have a sports car when all they have is a dealer supped smart, they do make 102 to 110hp though, still have the shit shifter
>>
File: pulsegearshift.jpg (41 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pulsegearshift.jpg
41 KB, 800x600
>>14113194
Regular shifter for comparison
>>
>>14112785
Because i can take on long trips and parts are cheap low maintaince costs
>>
File: fiat multipla.jpg (36 KB, 265x297) Image search: [Google]
fiat multipla.jpg
36 KB, 265x297
>>14113373
Wat, but the other suggestions I listed are better than the smart fortwo at the things I listed
>>
>>14112773
this
>>
>>14112766
they are tiny as hell and not worth the money for the tiny increase in gas efficiency
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.