[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ so i went full retard and bought a car without a catalytic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: aq.png (10 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
aq.png
10 KB, 362x358
/o/ so i went full retard and bought a car without a catalytic comverter, anyway the CEL is on and its giving off a P0420 code and wasting MASSIVE gas, like im getting the same MPGs as a 8cyl on a 4 cyl, is there anything i can do to fix the mpgs without buying a new cat?
Where i live theres no emissions so thats not an issue
>>
>>14111682
I don't think its your cat if your burning gas, and in fact if you're running rich you killed the cat becuase something else went wrong.
>>
>frogposter
>doesn't even say what car
yeah nah just fuck off ya cunt
>>
if u dont have a cat you will get better mpg but in no way less
running rich is prolly caused by the lambda sensor u just need to pull it out
I also bought a car without a cat, no CEL's, in city a lot of fuel consumed but I also push the shit out of the tiny engine. Highway is pretty much unchanged.
>>
>>14111731
if i just pull it out will it get me better mpgs?

its a 6th gen accord
>>
bamp
>>
>>14111682
Lambda sensor
You need to fool your ecu into finkin that it still got a cat.

Check that both sensors are not kill, then build a pass filter like this nigga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHD7T7EhuzI
>>
>>14111752
You may get worse, as the car has to meter out its fuel based on that sensor, if you pull the sensor it has to guess and usually that means more fuel.

Just replace the sensor entirely since its probably the one throwing the code.
>>
>>14111815
Just change the Upstream one?
Wont it still stay fucked up thought since theres no cat? Also the code says catalyst efficiency below threshold not anything about sensors
>>
>>14111846
bamp
>>
>>14111896
you fucking dumb retarded cunt you've already told you want to do.
Fuck off
>>
>>14111906
helpful responses only pls
>>
>>14111846
The upstream one only measure oxygen coming out of the engine, it don't give a shit that theres no cat behind it.

Regardless you're car is running rich or losing fuel and the fact the cat is missing has nothing to do with it, as Cat decrease MPG when on. You get better MPG with no cats.

I would check your MAF or for fuel line leaks or anything having to do with the ignition or fuel system before fucking with a cat.
>>
>>14111682
>P0420-Catalyst Efficiency

Now that can mean a bad downstream O2 sensor, a catalyst that's no longer working on an engine that's otherwise fine, or a catalyst that's overwhelmed by excess fuel or oxygen from an engine that has a problem. Considering the engine performance concern it's my opinion that it's the latter condition.
>>
>>14111996
what could be the problem in the engine? Its not burning any oil and the power seems good
>>
>>14112004
bamp
>>
>>14112004
Could be anything from a misfire to a leaking injector to a leaking fuel pressure regulator, bad MAP or MAF sensor, coolant temp sensor out of range, on and on and on. You're going to have to do some diagnostics, or have them done. There's no "turn that screw 1/8th turn right and it'll fix it" here
>>
I got a car that gives that code i bought but the mpg seems fine i think
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.