[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
o I REALLY need your help. I'm trying to run the number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_4343[1].jpg (241 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4343[1].jpg
241 KB, 1024x768
o I REALLY need your help. I'm trying to run the numbers in my head on this car for what I should offer and parts, but I'm getting different numbers.

What do you think I should offer and how much do you think I would end up spending aftermarket based on the details I have from the seller?
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5372676565.html

Details from seller: Car needs manifold and exaust. Car will crank, intercooler for turbo already in car, exaust pipe is there, and the car has the computer (ECU, this guy seems dumb) to tune the new turbo.

Will post more pics
>>
File: IMG_4342[1].jpg (246 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4342[1].jpg
246 KB, 1152x864
>>
File: IMG_4341[1].jpg (279 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4341[1].jpg
279 KB, 960x1280
>>
>>14111182
I would say that the rule of the thumb for 2nd hand modified cars is to avoid them like plague.
>>
>>14111200
I feel the same way, but man everything looks pretty good especially when I could easily talk him down. It's a Toyota engine, which I can swap easily.
>>
>>14111182
This is going to turn into a massive headache for you. Do you really think the sort of people whose cars get repossessed do a competent job when modding their cars?
>>
>>14111216
I was thinking to keep the turbo off and clean everything else up. You really think I'm that far in over my head?
>>
>>14111216
If you're set on it though, offer 2 even.
>>
>>14111225
I'm having the VIN checked. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>14111222
I have full faith that you could clean everything up. I just think that things will keep going wrong, and it'll be a continual headache for you for however long you own it.
>>
>>14111235
Well it's easier this or spending upwards of 5 grand for one. I think the savings would make up for it.
Plus I plan on later dropping a 2zz or or 2gr in it as well.

Am I facing a headache over 3 grands worth?
>>
>>14111182
Is that engine a 2zz?
>>
>>14113551
yes
>>
dont buy any car from craigslist if the ad is in all caps.
>>
>>14114464
i thought this was obvious and didn't need to be said. OP is literally buying a money pit. that turbo looks like some cheap chineese ebay shit.
>>
>>14116740
Couldn't I just drop the turbo?
>>
>>14117043
if you have to ask dumbass questions like this dont even go near it
also theres a shit load of red flags
dont waste your time unless you want to dump money into the ugly gen, riced mr2
>>
>>14117067
Don't mean to MR-S anon. she's the only light car other than the Miata to survive into the 2000s. Plus it was the most balanced MR2 chassis to date.

Guess I'll look for a stock one elsewhere...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.