[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Civic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (209 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
209 KB, 1500x1000
What is /o/'s opinion on the 2016 Civic? Styling, performance, etc.

Too much chrome imo. Curious how the hatch will turn out. Interior is also probably best in class atm.

inb4 pigfat
>>
it looks huge
id say it looks the same size as a legacy from 10 years ago
>>
File: impala.jpg (147 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147 KB, 1200x799
New Impala is a better car.
>>
File: _20150922_130434.jpg (20 KB, 405x274) Image search: [Google]
_20150922_130434.jpg
20 KB, 405x274
>>14110935
>>
File: 27.jpg (14 KB, 405x360) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
14 KB, 405x360
>>14111003
>>
>>14110935
why are they so big?
honda fit type r when
>>
The interior quality is in the top of the class. This new gen doesn't look great outside. The last few years honda has been putting horible wheels on these cars
>>
>>14110935
Pigfat but better than previous coupe looks of gen 8/9
I might get one.
>>
>>14110935
It's an improvement over the outgoing model,but I still wouldn't buy one though
>>
Is that a midsize now? Because it looks way bigger
>>
>>14110935
Can you even buy one with a manual transmission?
>>
>>14111112

Nvm, still compact
>>
>>14111117
Yes.
>>
>>14111117
Yes. LX has a 6sp manual and NA 2.0L

EX-T will have 1.5L turbo and CVT trans

Si will have detuned TypeR 2.0L turbo engine with 6sp manual
>>
>>14110935
Too much ass,like a Hyundai but with Honda design gizmos put on it.

Why can't the americans have the european Civic,at least it looks unique and weird
>>
given the rear glass slope and the tiny trunk openning. Why didn't they just make it a fastback hatch like the Tesla model s?
>>
File: Honda_Civic_EX-L.jpg (66 KB, 624x381) Image search: [Google]
Honda_Civic_EX-L.jpg
66 KB, 624x381
>>14110935
Test drove one the other day. EX-L with the 1.5 turbo. They're fucking incredible for what they are but they're starting to become very expensive for their segment and beginning to inch into premium car territory. It's far more comfortable than the previous generation and finally has a nice interior now that approaches premium brands in upper trims. It's far more planted at highway speeds than it's previous incarnations and feels right up there with the Golf or S60.

It feels like they benched it against premium cars like the previous gen A4 and or 3 series rather than budget economy cars. I don't know if I'd buy it but that's mostly because I want something with more than 175hp, though that is still pretty good for a small sedan that get's 40mpg. I'm more excited for the next gen ILX that will derive from it's platform. I expect that will be awesome.

I didn't really like the styling until I got familiar with one up close. They look much better in person, except for the gigantic bug shaped ass. They're only 2 inches longer than the previous gen, but they look much bigger because of a longer wheelbase and shortened overhangs, giving the cabin larger dimensions.
>>
>>14110935
it's just too fucking long.

the civic is a compact pretending to be a midsize, and the accord is a midsize pretending to a be a fullsize. i wish honda would make a genuine fullsize and quit fucking with how big the existing cars are- the es1 is as large as the civic should ever have been. at the rate things are going, we're going to have a fullsize accord, midsize civic, and a brand new car to occupy the compact segment... or they'll bring the city to the states, which actually doesn't sound half bad.
>>
>>14111355
>or they'll bring the city to the states, which actually doesn't sound half bad.

I highly suspect they will. The Honda plant in Mexico which makes the Fit and HR-V is currently being expanded to produce a third model. It's probably going to be a North American spec City or a yet to be revealed Acura mini SUV based on the HR-V as both share the HR-V/Fit platform.
>>
>>14111129
Lol the si is getting a 2.4 and a 1.5 turbo.

Source: i work for Honda
>>
>>14111702
>Source: I work for Honda

and my dad works for Nintendo
>>
>>14111355
>it's just too fucking long.
It's literally less than 3 inches longer than the previous model. That's less than a fingers length. That's hardly the vehicle growing as /o/ likes to pretend it is.
>>
>>14111277
Front looks like the 1st Gen Ford Fusion.
Side profile looks like the last-gen Mazda 6.
Rear is retarded.
Wheels are too little.

Subjectively, this is seriously ugly.
>>
Too big and too chromey
>>
File: civic-6mt.jpg (496 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
civic-6mt.jpg
496 KB, 1200x900
>>14111117
1.5 EX models will come with a 6MT for the 2017 MY, both 4-door and 2-door, probably hatch as well.
>>
>>14111777
Which was too big to begin with
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.