[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought pic related for $500 How bad did I fuck up? ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: H6.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
H6.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
I just bought pic related for $500
How bad did I fuck up?
http://laredo.craigslist.org/cto/5371953747.html
>>
>>14101474
>rebuilt title
>v6
>nothing wrong with engine or trans
>car stopped working
>very rare
What the fuck
>>
>>14101490
Where does it say v6?
>>
>>14101517
In the title
>2001 All Wheel Drive Subaru Outback V6 - $1200
>>
There were V6 Subarus?
>>
>>14101527
It's an H6
>>14101490
I'm not too worried, Im sure I can get it running and have a nice work wagon
>>
Good lucking replacing the fuel pump, OP.
>>
>>14101583
That's the plan!
>>
>>14101524
180 degree v6
>>
>Subaru
>Cheap

Yeah that head gasket totally isn't on it's way to hell.
>>
>>14101780
H6 subarus dont have the headgasket problems that H4s do
>>
>>14101620
so a flat 6
>>
give me the td04
>>
>>14102469
timing chain too.
>>
I'm not going to be able to really tear into it until Sunday, but I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe I can be the Mexican wheeler dealers. When I was haggling the dude (who only spoke spanish) I told him "hold out your hand" in spanish.
>>
>>14102570
Also has dat McIntosh stereo
>>
>>14102570
>When I was haggling the dude (who only spoke spanish) I told him "hold out your hand" in spanish.
thats hilarious
>>
The H6's had problems with their headgaskets, too.

If I were you, I would do the HGs, Timing chain / belt and water pump all at once.

They are great cars, And super reliable once you get over those fucking headaches.

Is it the VDC or non VDC? What trim level?

>>14102579

Right? Theres one in a local boneyard with the McIntosh radio and I thought about pulling it out, But I don't know if it will work in my stock as fuck, no-options 00 Outback wagon.
>>
>>14102627
VDC, not L.L. Bean, but it's leather with a cold weather package, and with that stereo it was a pretty upmarket outback in it's day.
>>
>>14102713

I like the VDC, Seem to handle pretty well in the snow, even compared to the non-VDC ones. Even though VDC is just a fancy word for traction control...
>>
>>14102754
Well just did some research and apparently the VDC was the top tier model that year.
>>
>>14102779

I believe it was, I don't think the L L bean edition was the highest you could get... Though I am not sure.
>>
Non thread related question boys since I didn't see a shitbox thread.

Is the 1999 VW Passat GLS Wagon a good choice for my next budget car? It has only 56k and it's selling at 4k at a dealership. Carfax is clean. I took a look at it today and there wasn't any rust or scratches on the car. I didn't have time to test drive today but I'm going to do that on Saturday.

My dad thinks the maintenance costs are gonna be too high but looking at the prices of the tires, brake parts, oil, spark plugs and a few other things. They seem cheaper. I'm guessing the service price might be the kicker but my Dodge shitbox must go before the Wisconsin Winter kicks into high gear.

I think this is gonna be one of the better deals for me. What do you think?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.