[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying/driving for the first time, UK. Spending less than £1K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ep81.jpg (126 KB, 1024x504) Image search: [Google]
ep81.jpg
126 KB, 1024x504
Buying/driving for the first time, UK.

Spending less than £1K and about £1.5K on insurance.
I'd like to get the most fun car I can afford, which is very limited - but I can atleast go for a light and nippy car.
Please give me advice about cheap old light cars that are a kind of fun experience and the same insurance range as any other low powered supermini.

I've heard good things about the K10 Micra and old French cars, but that might be a stretch too far in age range even for my low as fuck standards.
I'd also like to know about the EP81 Starlet which is possibly available to me for good value. They're light but I don't know what they are like to drive.
Also I'm not really open to modifications at all.
>>
>>14100400
rare as fuck
>>
>>14100400
you're going to spend 1.5x the value of your car on insurance?

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>14100409
If he's under 20 and getting a first car then his insurance won't be lower than 850 quid for something like a 1.4, and that's provided he has a decent postcode.
>>
>>14100409
Does anything about my post sound like I care about good investments? :^)
>>
>>14100417
>then his insurance won't be lower than 850 quid for something like a 1.4,

sounds like full cover on a 1k car, again, retarded.

liability only must be way, way less than that otherwise you're doing something very wrong. especially on a tiny 1.4.
>>
>>14100431
Fully comprehensive is a lot cheaper here.
>>
>>14100445
that doesn't even make sense

what's wrong with your country?
>>
>>14100457
Who cares.
Insurance isn't even that bad after your first year.
>>
>>14100431
I only know from several online quotes but something about my details seems to get me no lower than 1,000 for everything I've tried. I've tried normal tier cars of course
Also 1,500 is just a limit, and I don't think I'll squeese anything more powerful or whatever into that
>>
>>14100400
I dunno famm some of these old timers might work out more expensive to insure because of personel injury claims and the lack of abs traction control etc
>>
>>14100483
Well I know I'm cheap but it's less about optimising the cost and more about going for something in a range that's lower than my limit, since it's a lot more significant of a difference to get a faster one.

Also it might be due to living in a quiet place but older cars seem to have very similar rates anyway
>>
>>14100457
>that doesn't even make sense

Welcome to insurance, it's legally mandated and highly inflated
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.