[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uber Tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 274x184
Does anyone on here drive for uber?

Yesterday uber approved me for uberX, and before I roll out I feel like I need more information form other who have done it. I'm from a small city in Canada and honestly I think I might be one of the first to do it locally.

My main questions are:
How much do you make in lets say, a 3 hour span on a weekend night?
What percent does Uber take from you?
Is it worth the time in general?
Has a traditional cabbies ever got hostel with you (this is what I'm most afraid of)
Any other general tips you have?
>>
>>14099655
Waterloo?
>>
>>14099677
No, east coast

What about tax as well?(income/hst)
>>
>>14099655
No offense, but shouldn't you ask uber or already have the answers to some of this? Did uber give you a contract to read? It should outline compensation to you and them.

Read some articles from drivers. There are plenty online. Given how new of a car you need and all that, I can't see it being super profitable in the long run
>>
>>14099841
I read all that, I'm just looking for information on the drivers side. It doesn't have to be that new. My car is 2006. I'll see if I can did some blog.

Uber website says 20-30 an hour but that seems too high after costs.
>>
Don't rape your passengers
>>
>>14099857
I don't want them to rape me mostly. In not too worried though because the clientele appears to be the type who has thier face continuously glued to a phone.
>>
>>14099880
Invest in a gun, keep it in your glovebox.

What could go wrong
>>
>>14099655
i prefer taxis desu
>>
>>14099885
Carrying a weapon is against Uber rules.
>>
>>14099913
So getting fired by an internet meme company is a harsher consequence than losing ones life?
>>
>tfw drive a '99 with 66k miles on it
>tfw can't drive for uber or lyft
>>
>>14099655
>muh tips
America, everyone
>>
>>14099655

I did Uber for a few months in the SF/bay area and it was alright. The first thing I would recommend to anyone starting out is: do not use uber as your primary source of income. The main reason is the income is not guaranteed nor consistent. You have good days and bad days for earnings and depending on where you work will depend on how much you bring home. If you're lucky enough to live near a densely populated urban city like San Francisco you could easily bring home $500 a week working 3 weeknights per week like I was. However if you live somewhere there is little to no demand for uber you are probably just wasting your time.
>>
>>14100913
Yeah it's a second income, and I'm also a student. I'll give it a whirl anyway I think. Thanks.
>>
>>14099984
I know that feel
>01 dunnydoor imac cond
>cant drive anything
Cant even get driving jobs where i am
:(
>>
>>14101611

The nice thing about it is there is really no commitment and nothing to loose if you don't like it. good luck.
>>
>>14099913
what a crock of shit
>>
>>14099913
Don't want potential victims to fight back Ethan?
>>
>>14100913
Did you ever drive on weekends after midnight when they jack up the price?

I have a car that is suitable for uber and live near a big city with tons of bars. I could do 2 weekends a month running from 11pm until 3am.
>>
I did over 800+ uber trips and quit back in jax. I used a 2006 crown victoria with the awesome magnaflows and I mean awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrA7reVv1s

I also had interior lighting on it, it was great.

Anyways, I suggest you log your dead miles, aka miles that you used to to get to the passengers, best way is to track your starting and ending miles everyday. I fucked up on this one and now I have to put a bullshit one for tax purposes that will probably way less no matter how much I estimate it.

Second, start a blog or track your rides for that day or night. Keep track of who you rode with, what they look like etc. That makes it fun, I also messed up on this one and it was so much fun riding with all the hotties from college and the not so hot ones and all the frat dudes and rich fags who use your uber. I once fit like 6 black guys in my car twice and I was like wtf. But I got paid handsomely. When I began Uber in jax, it was in its infancy, the beginning of uber x in that city and not a lot of folks knew that you do not have to tip. So aside from earning my usual cut which had multipliers because it was on a promo, I also had a lot of disposable dollars in my pocket. I felt like a fucking stripper.

Next thing you want to do is make sure your car is clean before you roll, invest on a wash all you can carwash or find a way for you to do it on the go. Do not give a shit about cabs, they get plenty of passengers, not all uber can handle all the passenger demand especially during bar nights.

Best nights are obviously during the bars open times and when they close, another good time is during sporting venues or concerts, make sure you know how to ingress and egress aka know where to tell people where to go for you to pick them up. Like in jax, the fucking stadium there blocks all incoming traffic after a game has ended except for one place.
>>
>>14102068
Since I was in a crown vic, I would just park that motherfucker in the curb, turn on the yellow lights and people would not dare come close to it.

Be people friendly, dont be a freakin robot like those foreigners who do not talk and are mostly antisocial. I would also suggest you keep a cooler in your trunk with drinks and then pass out business cards. The business cards is a clever way I figured out to do this and this is how it works.

Tell them you will offer 5-10 dollars cheaper than uber, they will pay you, uber does not get a cut, no more confusion, no more getting lost, no more question on security. If you can kick it up a notch, get those DVD entertainment shit and put it in the back and play jack ass or jack ass 2, it makes the ride go fast and again they will look for that business card for them to drive your ass. If I were you I would put in a promo, ride 4 and 5th one is free xx miles limit. you will get your people up and youll be making mad cash for a secondary living. Learn how to drive under pressure and be cautious always. I am a passive-aggressive driver when I was ubering, always passing slow pokes but not going faster than the hellraisers. Also another good thing about the card is that you can bypass the jew multiplier that uber puts in, what happens is sure you get to multiply your fare but those passengers will 0 out of 5 stars you, they will get your rating to shit then you will be in probation and then fail and then uber will make you pay a class to be a driver again for like 300 dollars or something fuck that. I remember 2 multipliers where I jewed the living shit out of the passengers

one was for 1.5 miles for 43 bucks and another for 15 miles for 340+ dollars.
>>
>>14102122
I would also suggest you know the laws in your city or state about uber and do lyft while your doing uber. Also, find a company that does cleaning so they can produce you receipts, tell them some drunk puked take picture of fake puke, its not that hard to fake a puke and clean, then get a receipt for like 40-60 bucks and they will reimburse you. Dont bother saving receipts, track your mileage well. make sure your dash doesnt look like the mission control center in houston, keep it organized and also always have all the cords for the chargers for most common smartphones, its like 6 out of 10 some drunk has a 1 percent battery on their phone. Also, you can do some psy ops on them like when they get in and they try to talk to you, try talking about food like them mofuckin yummy taco bell. they almost always say oooh can you take me there, you take them to taco bell and they pay the extra minutes that you wait and then sometimes they buy you food too. now if you got free alcohol on your uber, thats God mode tier. Its possible but hit youll be the best uber in the block. pic related, devil's night
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 800x533
>>14102068
>>14102122
>>14102143
Thanks man, I was really hoping someone like yourself would chime in and give me how it really is. I think I'm gonna do my first run soon. Like you said I still need to clean the fuck out the car and get some chargers and shit. It's a lot of info to take in so I saved you post for later when I start to understand it more. I live in a small city (~120k), but we do have a big university so i think I'll do well in the weekends.

Btw I had a 07 p71 back in 2010 for a year or so, great car shouldn't have sold her.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14102143
Also did you use a dash cam or anything like that, and also is it a requirement to have a mount for your phone?

This pic is the uber rig
>>
>>14102306
that is(was) a nice clean car anon.
>>
>>14102316
i thought about this, I believe you have to check with your laws and make sure that you are not violating any wiretapping or any of that shit, I would put magnetic warnings on the door to save your ass and on the dashboard. those drunks would forget that as soon as they get in. I would also scope too if I could, driver passenger interractions are one of the most entertaining ones I had when I use to uber in jax.
>>
>>14102445
Magnetic warnings?? Im not familiar with this? I'm thinking more along the lines of dash cam, not to record passengers.
>>
>>14102488
your still recording conversations of anyone in your cabin if you have a camera on board. but i dont know, just checjk your laws. im not a lawyer.
>>
>>14102316
no i did not use a dash cam and thats a nifty little car.
>>
>>14099947
/thread
>>
>>14099947
>>14099913
yeah who cares.
keep a knife at least in your car m8
>>
Man if Uber wasn't kicked out of Calgary I would have been giving peeps rides in my STI just for fun.

Fuckin City Hall
>>
>>14099947
their company their way anon. if you dont like that do something else with your life.
>>
>>14102834

Or just break the rules with disregard for the minor consequences
>>
>>14102843
thats quite possible, again i did almost 900 rides with not a single time I had to use the pistol, its better to have and not need it than need it and not have it. I would most certainly carry even if its not allowed. because your excuse is your not always onthe meter all the time.
>>
>>14099947
>So getting fired by an internet meme company is a harsher consequence than losing ones life?
Because you're going to open your glovebox, grab your gun, put a clip in and chamber a round and retaliate when someone has you at gunpoint? You act like you're going to pick up the gun and 360 noscope the perp.
>>
>>14103058
>not having a gun shaped gear shift ornament that's actually a gun
>>
>>14099655
>Has a traditional cabbies ever got hostel with you (this is what I'm most afraid of)
I don't drive for Uber, but I'm going to say that if you drive drunk people around you will get people like that every so often, especially if personalities/mannerisms clash.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 604x604
>>14103074
top kek
>>
>>14103083
/k/ meets /o/
>>
File: 1450856064991.jpg (32 KB, 488x483) Image search: [Google]
1450856064991.jpg
32 KB, 488x483
>>14103058
>clip
>>
>>14103081
as logical it may sound, I never got this problem. I guess if they are uber drunk yes. no pun intended.

>>14103058
Im not sure what state you are referring to, mostly commiefornia, but here in florida you dont have to do any of those evolutions.
>>
Heres another TIP for you OP, besides bars at night. try hotels in the morning, mostly sunday morning close to downtown or the airport. those tourists or visitors need a ride to the hotel. scored me a couple of downtown ubers that cost like 40 bucks when I was doing it. Same thing with people flying in on thursday/friday night.
>>
>>14103083
> shift gears
>blow a hole through transmission
>>
>>14103058
>clip
>not having your gun already loaded

What kind of faggot nanny state do you live in
>>
>>14103475
california does that bullshit nanny state crap. you have to keep your magazine in the trunk and your unloaded gun in the cabin...

>Under California law a concealed handgun can legally be transported with a motor vehicle without a permit only by carrying it: 1) unloaded; and 2) locked in the vehicle's trunk or in a separate locked container other than the utility or glove compartment. If the vehicle does not have a trunk, it must be carried in a "locked container" separate from the utility or glove compartment.
>>
Guys, guys, clam down on the gun talk. I won't be Bringing a gun around with me because I live in a safe place. Worst that will happen is someone will be saucy. All bark no bite here.

Thanks for all the other tips though guys saving all this.
>>
>>14099709
Halifax?
>>
>>14099850
>Uber website says 20-30 an hour

That's without costs. After gas, insurance, taxes, you're looking at basically McJob-tier pay.
>>
OP here with one more final question for the uber pros. What can I expect for realistic data usage? I don't have data on my plan at the moment and I was wondering how much I am going to need to go at this racket

>>14104927
Further east, St. John's
>>
>>14105084
thats inflated, obviously they always pick stats in their favor.
>>
>>14105491
you would need a ton of data, I suggest you get the unlimited from tmobile, 2 lines for 100 bucks
>>
Has a drunk guy you gave a ride to ever puked in your car?
>>
>>14106020
nope, only worse I had was taco bell lettuce all over the carpet. I really should have jumped on the cleaning craze, all it takes is a licensed detailer looknig for cash on craigslist and itll be easy money.
>>
>>14105839
Fuck man 3GB is 50 bucks here. (That's the cheapest, in addition to my current plan of 30 bucks).
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.