[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come most female drivers are bad at driving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: womyn.jpg (47 KB, 550x339) Image search: [Google]
womyn.jpg
47 KB, 550x339
How come most female drivers are bad at driving?
>>
>>14099351
Because they don't heel-toe before the corner and they never hit the apex.
>>
My wife is a bad driver in the way that dudebros are bad drivers. One time, a car cut us off rather close. I advised her to maintain distance and stay away from the guy. Being completely serious, she said "But how do I get back at him?"
>>
>mum gets hit by something / hits something
>front wheel alignment gets fucked
>front bumper is cracked to shit
>hood is bent a little
that was 2 years ago, still drives the car to this day with the wheels out of alignment
>>
They're more easily distracted. Same thing goes for swagbros or Subaru scene drivers
>>
Well, my mother tends to just stare at the road directly in front of her instead of keeping her eyes in the distance, tends to drive way way under the limit, swerves a lot then just slams the brakes when it comes time to stop.

My ex used to freak out when cars were behind us and never looked at her mirrors or to the sides.

My sister tends to drive pretty responsibly, except for blaring music and a friend of mine is a very good driver, even with stick. Could be a multitasking thing or nerves.
>>
>>14099351

Yesterday I saw a woman putting on makeup in a red light. She didn't move for several seconds after the green light while getting honked on.

Made me REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1435319134076.gif (383 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1435319134076.gif
383 KB, 500x278
>>14099434
>getting honked on

I'd probably honk on her too. If you know what I mean.
>>
Women actually get lower insurance rates here because they crash less.

I guess it makes sense. Women are less skilled drivers, but generally ignore laws and hoon less. Soccer mom SUV's are something to be nervous about, but lifted brotrucks are worse.
>>
My girlfriend is a hyper aggressive driver and thinks that everyone but her is awful. It genuinely scares me sometimes.

When I drive, all I wanna do is go the speed limit, no more and no less. I give at least 3 flashes of my signal before I make a move and keep my distance from other drivers. I hoon on back roads that I know, I don't do that shit on public roads. I drive predictably because I don't want to get into a fucking accident.

>tfw you always take the right lane so people who want to go fast can go fast in the left lane
>8 out of 10 times the right lane is moving faster than the left lane while I am going 55 in a 55
>>
>>14099814

How's middle school?
>>
Women aren't people.
>>
>behind woman in typical woman SUV
>on off-ramp. Off-ramp splits halfway through
>woman drives over the center divider
>but something is amiss
>this thing is bouncing everywhere
>as if all 4 shocks were fucked
>left rear is completely fucked, wheel is freely bouncing around
>even in small dips in the road it behaves as if there was almost no suspension dampening

Women.
>>
>>14099379
>>14099431
basically people who have no interest in driving.
>>
There is less cultural emphasis on being a "good driver" or caring about cars or mechanical things in general to women as to men. Faggy gay guys are often just as bad as "women drivers", and I certainly see more shitty "barbie doll" drivers than shitty butch ones. They simply don't care about driving.
>>
>>14099351
>tfw you always take the right lane so people who want to go fast can go fast in the left lane

I do this but I'm usually somewhere between 5-15mph over the limit depending on the area and I still get passed more than I pass.
>>
File: 1443851545168.jpg (116 KB, 570x881) Image search: [Google]
1443851545168.jpg
116 KB, 570x881
>>14099914

Bored as fuck bruv teach is soooo gay
>>
>>14099998

dat failed get
>>
>>140100000
>>
>>14100031
it's 14100001 you idiot
>>
>>14099928
>behind older Kia SUV
>keep hearing this thup-thup-thup noise
>trying to figure out where it's coming from
>suddenly we head down a hill and the thupping noise stops
>roll down my window as we get to the bottom and hear the death throes of what must be the saddest engine in the world
>immediately pick up on the smell of gas of the Kia ahead
>the entire exhaust assembly is threatening to shake itself free of the car thanks to the imbalance
>pass it and look over
>it's somebody's mom on her phone
>trucking along with a ruined engine

how you can burn at least two cylinders' valves out of a 4-cylinder and:
A. Not care
B. Still do 65 on the interstate

Heard an Explorer make a turn the next day, and I could actually hear the pieces of the poor thing's shattered diff grinding about in the case. You could see the pumpkin vibrating in the rearview too.
Fuck people.
>>
>>14099351
Lack confidence, spaceill awareness and empathy.
>>
>>14100011
newfags out of my board
>>
>>14099884
This but i have to deal with 90% of both everyday driving in nc.
>they always turn the opposite direction of the turn lane their in.
>>
>>14099941
This, sort of

My best friend is gay and only praises tiny Toyota hybrids and Priuses

At least his driving is better than my Moms, with her behind the wheel I feel like I'm buried alive in a coffin waiting to die
>>
Because women handle stressful situations worse than men. They tend to panic and cause the situation to be worse.

I remember when I was first driving, I was too close to the curb, and instead of correcting me verbally, she started screaming and grabbed the wheel... causing us to go right into the curb and popped a tire.

After that, I had an accident in 11 years, simply by driving with my alone, with my dad, or keeping her in the back seat.
>>
>>14099999
Han Solo gets killed by his son Kylo Ren
>>
File: 1431013516922.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1431013516922.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>14099921
>>
>>14100609
what the fuck
>>
>>14099361
/thread
>>
>>14100609
This I why I went to saw film in cunema
>>
no wonder you're all virgins
>>
>>14099351
There is a reason women have lower insurance rates:
They cause less accidents.

Men are statistically more likely to cause problems on the road than women.

>inb4 female
(I'm a 30 year old turbovirgin ready for the beta uprising)
>>
>>14100819
Eh... not really

Men have fewer reported accidents, but they cause more damage as their accidents are usually at higher speeds, while women are more likely to do stuff like reversing into other cars, walls and whatnot
>>
>>14100819

/o/ doesn't believe in facts
>>
>>14099909
>Truck in right lane
>Everyone moves over to left lane to pass it
>Left lane is now packed, and slowing down
>I'm in the right lane, entire lane open up to the truck ahead (half mile)
>can't move over to the left cause the lane is packed, and I'd just contribute to the jam.
>can't slow down and fall back to the end of the line to move left, cause there is already a car tailgating me
>don't want to pass everyone on the right, then squeeze into the left lane to pass the truck, cause that's fucking dangerous

Wat do?
>>
I'v noticed they're easily scared (not very confident in their actions) , don't pay enough attention to driving, and are always in a hurry because they put 0 thought into the drive (ie. leaving early, etc) they just want to get to their destination asap!

>>14099936
This.

>Highway exit to my house has really small lane into a sharp off-ramp
>Female cousin watch me merge as early as possible and not brake on the highway. Asks why i do that, i explain.
>Next time she drives me she tries it and we almost fly off ramp.

>Aunt never shoulder checks, merges into cars and gets honked at daily.

>Mom doesn't really mess up but has no control of speed and cant anticipate flow of traffic so driving thru city is a disaster
>>
>>14100908
Drive speed limit up to truck
slow down to truck's speed
signal
wait for space
merge
continue

The road lanes are not a "queue", you dont have to keep moving forward relative to the trucks. You don't have to "fall back" to the end a of a line when all the cars in that lane are moving.

Basically your problem is:
>then squeeze into the left lane to pass the truck
>pass the truck

Passing the truck is not required, if you want to, just signal and wait
>>
>>14099884
No, they cause more but lower cost accidents or just hit and run. Men are far less likely to get in an accident but when we do we get in a goddamn accident.
>>
>>14101107
Why doesn't email delete automatically.
>>
>>14101125
4chan gold account auto populates your contact details, pizza's sent :D
>>
>>14101107
>[email protected]

ROFL you fucking dumbshit
>>
>>14101320
>implying that's my real email and not just my random shit/4chan one
>>
>>14099351
because muhsogyny
>>
fucking women amirite guys
>>
>>14099351
Poor spatial reasoning coupled with shitty priorities.
>>
in ireland they ruled it sexist to discriminate insurance premiums based on gender... so now women pay the same as men. but generally, their minds are on other things, and when things start to go wrong they panic and refuse to think rationally / slow down, think it through.

this is my experience from driving and sailing (docking boats - it's either full reverse or full forward, resulting in full disaster)
>>
>>14099398
you're her son you dipshit its on you to fix it for her

>tfw my dumbass three year old just shit his
>>
>>14101884

>pants and is still using those diapers xD

she looked after you now its your turn
>>
>>14099351
Men are also shit at driving. About 1 in 10 women and 2 in 10 men are remotely competent at driving.
>>
File: 1444589480525.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1444589480525.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>14101107
>>14101320
>>14101375
welcome to 4chan newfag
>>
>>14099884
Women also drive less. Usually the men drive when going out
>>
>>14101107
I really should learn these things
>>
>>14099351
My girlfriend is basically a female takumi, Her car is also always clean, and she parks at the back of the lot so people don't fuck her shit up.
>>
>>14103554
You lucky fucker.
>>
>>14103499
Is that the email you use on Motion maths at school?
>>
File: 1449847930694.gif (1004 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449847930694.gif
1004 KB, 320x240
>>14103554

Mine is a good enough driver to be my DD but cant back up worth fuck.

>tfw I had to install a back up cam in her car... a 3 door yaris...
>>
>>14100819
>ready for the beta uprising
Whatever happened to that?
>>
>>14100609
lol, that took longer than expected for the movie to get spoiled for me

I was never going to see it, so I don't really mind tbqh familia
>>
>>14102012
This. 90% of men just think they know how to drive and simply take bigger risks with their shit skill than women do and get away because others tolerate and adjust for their mistakes.
>>
>>14103665
That's pretty sad...
And imo a backup cam in a regular sedan or Wagon should be used as a tool for parking. What I mean by this is I've been in a car where the person solely looked at the screen to backup vs looking around while backing up and then using the screen for the last few inches or obstructions etc...
>>
>>14104919
I have to admit that I really like backup cams.
When there's a really nasty curb/small wall they are great.
>>
>>14104987
Yeah they are great and do very well for what you just mentioned; avoiding obstructions and proximity. I just meant that some people take the camera as a replacement to looking around your surroundings.

I watched a semi trailer parking competition and that left me awe in how they back up with just mirrors and judgement with an inch to spare while some can't even back up a 3 door yaris.
>>
>>14099351
the only times Ive ever almost had a crash was due to a woman pulling out infront of me or doing some other insane shit, sole expection was a really old guy that I think wanted me to kill him from the impact.

mfw my mother casually lets go of the wheel and stops watching the road to rat through her purse or text and Ive had to grab the wheel a couple times to keep us inlane or on the road
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.