[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you left foot brake, /o/? Especially if you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 20151223_091436-1.jpg (3 MB, 1976x2530) Image search: [Google]
20151223_091436-1.jpg
3 MB, 1976x2530
Why don't you left foot brake, /o/?

Especially if you're not driving a manual.
>>
>>14099210
>turbo lag
Wait what
>>
>>14099210
You can avoid turbo lag by left foot braking. It allows you to maintain boost when you would typically be off the throttle.
>>
>>14099212
>he doesn't know about brake boosting
>>
>>14099212
Instead of letting off the gas to slow down you keep on the gas and brake at the same time so RPMs stay high and the turbo stays spooled.
>>
>>14099214
>>14099216
Okay that makes sense, thanks for explaining
>>
If you are trying to draft, how does hitting the brakes make you go faster? NASCAR been wrong all these years?
>>
>>14099235
Try keeping within a few inches of another car's rear bumper at 150mph, it's Nog about going the fastest, it's about control.
>>
>>14099235
If you are long distance cycling you want to stay a few inches off the leader and you can coast up hill, in order to avoid crashing you need to scrub speed with the brakes.
>>
I only do it when I play a game, and even then only in a FF.

Even in my rally games I brake with my right foot, since I heal toe, but I do it backwards from everyone else I guess.
>>
File: laughing cars.jpg (152 KB, 502x600) Image search: [Google]
laughing cars.jpg
152 KB, 502x600
>>14099216
>RPM changing
>between coasting in gear and hitting the accelerator while braking
Autotragic, everyone.
>>
>>14099662
Are you seriously saying that braking while in gear doesn't cause RPM to drop?
>>
>>14099673
>Instead of letting off the gas to slow down
>keep on the gas and brake at the same time
>the second one somehow has different RPM than the first one given the same speed

Slowing down while engine braking maintains the same RPM as slowing down while braking and hitting the accelerator.
>>
>>14099688
>Instead of letting off the gas to slow down
It would have been more accurate to say "letting off the gas while braking." There isn't any engine braking involved.
>>
Because of brake wear.
>>
>>14099688
Engine braking won't stop you in nearly as short a distance.
>>
>>14099210
>13. brake checking tailgaters
>>
>drive car with 15" brembo big brakes
>going 55mph
>accidentally hit brakes with left foot while trying to downshift for whatever reason
>smash head on steering wheel
>>
>>14099210
I do, just not on the road because there is no benefit.
>>
>>14099210
I do left foot brake in cars that allow it. Some old open wheel designs have a steering column going between your feet though.
>>
>>14100002
What about decreased reaction time or in the snow?
>>
I do left foot brake and everyone that sees me do it thinks I'm retarded when I first learned to drive that's just want I found easier to do.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.