[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Saabs. Why does this brand have a cult following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: saab-93-interior-3.jpg (99 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
saab-93-interior-3.jpg
99 KB, 1280x782
Redpill me on Saabs.

Why does this brand have a cult following of loyal customers?

>fwd
>luxury focused sedans
>>
You know those people that like to stand out by buying stuff from weird brands that not many people hear about?

Yeah, that's who Saab's fanbase is.
>>
>>14098725
the dashes are fukken sick
many have turbos for sikk doses brah
fast, sophisticated, comfy
>>
>>14098725
They last a long time since they are always in the garage getting something fixed.
>>
apparently saab owners have a history of being really nice, especially to other saab owners.
>>
Been looking for a 9000 aero. Almost bought a cse turbo. I would avoid 9- cars as they use Euro chebby chassis and the a/t are problematic.
>>
They smell nice and the interiors are pretty cozy in winter.
>>
If you own a saab, you own two saabs

>one for parts
>>
Hipsters

>Volvos are just too mainstream.
>>
File: saab turbo gauge.png (15 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
saab turbo gauge.png
15 KB, 190x190
>>14098725

Saab owner here. Basically, >>14098748
and >>14098774, amongst other things. They're ludicrously cheap too because everyone thinks you can't get parts for them any more, which is incorrect. Picked up my 9-5 Aero for just over a grand.

They're not German, are rare enough to stand out, good-looking, decently kitted out, kind of quirky (even GM Saabs) and you can get some pretty ludicrous figures from tuning.
>>
>>14098725
They are very good and practical.
For the traditional owner , when the company existed, they offered the best safety, economy, all the power you can use legally and then some. The interiors are very nice and well thought out.

For those speaking cheap power the ECU is now open source and its pretty cheap and easy to increase power.

The classic 900 is a very unique car and so so damn cozy inside. The car also handles very well, the power is good. All around its probably the best fwd car ever made.

There are also ppl that just want to be different
>>
>>14098725
My grandfather has driven nothing but saabs for 25 years.

When ever I take his 9-5 out you just get a sense that the car is very well thought out.

You have no negative emotions when driving
>>
>>14098725
Saabs are basically fighter planes.
Only without the wings and jet engines and guns and with cheap plastic interiors instead.
>>
>>14098725
'i want a swedish car but volvo is too mainstream'
>>
>>14098725
marketing.
>>
>>14099362
WE MAKE JETS, MOTHERFUCKER (please don't look into it)
>>
>>14099371
They're the supplier for the Swedish airforce, so yes, they do make jets
>>
>>14099378
Volvo makes their jet engines.
>>
The only people I know who bought Saabs are uptight assholes lacking any interest in cars whatsoever who only care about superficial shit, ie architects too edgy to buy modern Volvos or the junk that calls itself Lancia nowadays.
>>
>>14098725
The engines are bulletproof. Apparently turbo Saab engines are doing pretty good in Lemons racing nowadays - which is pretty much the most brutal low-budget torture for an engine you can think of.

Lots come stock with turbo's. Saab popularised the turbo car for the average Joe, after all.

Real saab have a unique longitudinal FWD layout that negates all the torque steer a heavily-boosted transverse FWD car should have.

Actually, FWD compact luxury makes sense. I mean, you get more interior room because of the FWD layout.
>>
>>14099378
Oh, I know they do. They're just bad at it.
>>
>>14099056
>buying an autotragic Saab
HERESY
>>
>>14099387
Actually no they're not.
>>
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5349487488.html

Awd, turbo, low mileage. And it's not a WRX so it's not a douchebag-mobile. Too bad I post on /o/ so I'm already broke from buying sikk mawds for my miats :/
>>
>>14099436
>disgusting Haldex

Why not ge ta 9-2 instead? Not a WRX, so not a douchemobile - but it does have the nice symetric AWD system, and it's not made of GM partsbin crap.
>>
>>14099383
the only people I know who shittalk saab are volvo fanboys
>>
>>14099378
Saab cars split from saab air before they made their first jet.
>>
>>14099283
Wrong
Volvo is rare as fuck but Saab is easy
That's it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.