[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So yesterday I bought an essentially factory new '88 Fiero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: fiero.jpg (1 MB, 2905x1857) Image search: [Google]
fiero.jpg
1 MB, 2905x1857
So yesterday I bought an essentially factory new '88 Fiero GT for $6700. Everything works and looks factory new, guy sold it cause hes too old to get in and out of it anymore. 2.8L V6, 5 Speed Getrag manual

What does /o/ think?
>>
>>14098360
Sell it for 25k.
>>
A little high for my area imo but if its rust free in a salt state thats what I would expect to pay. How many miles, its clean.
>>
Like new? Enjoy it while you can. You will probably have 3 good years.
>>
>>14098371
im glad you think that because part of the reason I bought it was the future resale. Of course, it would probably be more around 16k in today's market. The price is bound to go up exponentially in the next decade.
>>
>>14098378
68,000 miles, and its an original California car with 2 previous owners
>>
>>14098382
Yea because the fiero is going to be a desired after classic
>>
>>14098393
Not OP, but >>14098371 It already has prices that go over 13-15k for one in good shape.
>>
>>14098393
cant tell if sarcasm but the Fiero is the only mid engine car GM ever sold, and the '88 was the result of 30 million dollars of re engineering. Unfortunately sales didn't follow and GM had to axe it in the middle of production. Also theres only about 3700 '88 5 speeds out there. I would say its a safe bet that this will be desired in the future.
>>
>>14098360

Lucky as fuck. since it seems like these things are appreciating would you say they are like mini knock-off Ferraris?
>>
Y'all an enthusiastic little bunch ain't ya?
>>
>>14098409
And you must be new here.
>>
>>14098406
>the Fiero is the only mid engine car GM ever sold
And for very good fucking reasons.
>>
>>14098393
88gets are future classics. Final year and best of the breed.

A decade ago you couldn't give away an Isuzu Impulse. Go price a clean turbo with the lotus suspension.
>>
>>14098407
Thanks man, it definitely feels exotic when youre driving it. They handle fantastic with double wishbone front suspension and tri-link independent rear. The mirrors are sharp angled like a Lamborghini's and the V6 produces almost a classic Maserati-esque sound. And those pop up headlights!
>>
>>14098414
It's because the early models were shit, they promised a quality engine and a pretty fucking good suspension, however higher ups (the jackasses) decided to make it an econobox and sell it as a sporty car.

88 was the year they put all the original plans back into the car. They fucked them selves, especially since the original sales showed pretty fucking good hype. but it was too late.

It's like you are fucking new.
>>
>>14098414
why would there ever be a good reason for a manufacturer not producing an enthusiast car?
>>
>>14098426
>why would there ever be a good reason for a manufacturer not producing an enthusiast car?
When a manufacture cannot into enthusiast car.

>>14098421
Thing was shit for years but then was about average for a year = Top quality sports car $50,000 i know what i have.
>>
>>14098426
takes resources away from bigger money makers
>>
>>14098438
>average
>being this retarded
let me guess, you are the creator of the dodge dart thread.
>>
>>14098438
nobody said anything about it being worth 50k. maybe in 30 years...
>>
>>14098426
>why would there ever be a good reason for a manufacturer not producing an enthusiast car?
You realize this is GM, right?

They don't need a reason to axe fun things.
>>
File: 18dtphiqxeuoijpg.jpg (105 KB, 494x371) Image search: [Google]
18dtphiqxeuoijpg.jpg
105 KB, 494x371
>>14098453
If the car was so good then why is its primary purpose to be turned into other cars.
>>
>>14098477
Because it's been the only affordable mid engined American car ever and is therefore predestined for being turned into other mid engined cars in the same way that people keep building Cobra replicas on top of Mustang running gear.
>>
File: f5jpg.jpg (111 KB, 792x380) Image search: [Google]
f5jpg.jpg
111 KB, 792x380
>>14098477
Because those are the pre 88 models.
>>
>>14098477
because most people care about looking rich more than about owning a fun great performing car
>>
>>14098486
>people actually like rounded off windowed facelift more than the prefacelift wedge
REEEEE
>>
>>14098360
but will it beat tagumi on the downhill?
>>
>>14098493
Because, 1 the wedge looks like shit, and 2 the back of the car looks like complete shit.
>>
>>14098493
This desu.
Fiero power ranking as far as looks go
>preface lift
>se or formula
>Gt

>>14098360
Nice find. Would only be better if it was t-top. Do you have the optionsl ac?
>>
>>14098360

Did you scam the old man OP, or he was your acquaintance so he sold it to you for cheap?
Not judging, just curious
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.