[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning to buy a 07-09 W221 S-Class. What am I in for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I'm planning to buy a 07-09 W221 S-Class. What am I in for reliability-wise?
I keep hearing conflicting things, either that it's bulletproof or that it'll fall apart every other week.
>>
>>14098071
why do you want and need one?
>>
>>14098071
When it gets old and things start breaking, you'll regret it if you can't afford to fix things
Have fun when the air suspension goes out

If you can afford to fix things, they're fantastic cars
>>
>>14098088
I don't mind paying for expensive parts and maintenance, as long as stuff doesn't break too often.

I heard the 4matics are more reliable because they have a different suspension. Is this true?
>>
for the most part, mercedes cars in general are mechanically sound, but their electronics and air suspension gizmos and shit are usually the things that chomp through your wallet
>>
>>14098102
As far as I know they're all on the same Airmatic system. The AMG models have traditional springs, but then you also have to deal with biturbo V12 engines.

They should be more reliable than Chysler era Mercedes, but I still recommend a face lifted one, preferably with a diesel engine if you could find it
>>
>>14098081
What's wrong with people wanting things?
>>
>>14098116
>more reliable than Chysler era Mercedes
So how reliable is it exactly? Better than BMW and Audi?
If I'm getting the regular maintenance done, how often should I expect things to break?
>>
>>14098164
Better than Audi. No idea about BMWs

Maintenance itself will be expensive, don't expect a car like that to take neglect like a Honda
>>
Get it op, I've had an 09 for 4 years now and it's fucking bulletproof
>>
>>14098201
How many miles you got on it?
>>
How about this one, is this a good price?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5356301460.html
$18k
>>
File: IMG_20150711_025415.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150711_025415.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>14098071
2009 S350 Owner here.

I bought it a year ago since I loved the design on this thing and also it looks sexy as fuck in black. It currently only has 98K kms(60.8944 miles) on it now because I don't DD it. I DD a 2013 Toyota Avalon. I never had major issues in my S350. The last one I remember is the right-mirror not retracting while locking the car which then later got sorted out. Other than this, I think it's bulletproof. I only drive this car on Thursdays, so no wear and tears.
>>
>>14098145
why do you want it is the question

why not isn't an answer to satisfy
>>
>>14098380
I'm not OP, but I'm assuming he wants to drive one of the finest cars ever made?
>>
>>14098313
The wheels look absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>14098376

Wifey wants an avalon, how do you like it?
>>
>>14098380
OP here, what's so strange about wanting an S Class?
>>
>>14098401
It's really a great long-distance machine. Great on the highway and the city. No major issues. If my S350 is 10/10, Avalon is 8/10.
>>
>>14098207
I bought it with 12k km, put another 112k on it myself so far, in total that's about 80k miles on it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.