[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/. I'm not the greatest expert on motorcycles but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /o/. I'm not the greatest expert on motorcycles but was looking to get one. I found this 06 250r in my area with 19,500 miles. Asking for $1700 obo so I could at least get him down to $1500. Is that a good deal?

Link:
www.nexttechclassifieds.com/listings/1123728/
>>
>>14091106
Did you really take a picture of a computer screen
>>
did you really google whats a lot miles for a bike
>>
>>14091121
now now, at least he is doing his part in googling stupid questions before posting on 4chan. are you really complaining?
>>
>>14091138
are you really asking me if i'm complaining on 4chan
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
OP here.

I also found an 03 R6 with 12,000 miles for $2000. What do?
>>
>>14091162
>>14091106
Take a screenshot you dumb cunt
>>
>>14091121
no, he... Yahooed it.
>>
>>14091162
only if you dont value your life
>>
>>14091106
yeah, that's a good deal. 250 is a great starter if you've never ridden a motorcycle for a daily before. It's got enough pep to get used to taking corners seriously enough. They're also simple enough to do a lot of fun tinkering with, and at 37hp stock, some carb/intake/exhaust mods will give you some seriously noticeable power increases, which can give you even more skill to perfect. Yeah, it won't top out at 160, but anyone can go fast on a highway. once you can nearly knee-down on some back roads you're familiar with confidently and almost hammer the throttle mid-corner and stay on the seat, you're ready for a bigger bike, at which point, you can probably sell the 250 for about what you got it for.

250's perfectly fit the "learner's" niche in the market

and as far as >>14091162 is concerned, you'd 1/3 chance kill yourself.

That sport 600 is far more torquey than a 250 could ever be, and it's A LOT less forgiving when you make some dumbass mistake like getting a little cocky at a red light you're turning left at because some chick next to you riding with her boyfriend was checking out your bike (all sport bikes look like sport bikes to cagers) and giving it too much throttle while you turn left, so you either break traction and lowside, throwing your bike off of the side of the road, or you just flatline it so hard the bike shoots straight forward and upright and into traffic across the street from you. The suspension is going to be a lot less forgiving (something relatively cheap to upgrade on the 250) as well when you hit a random bump mid-corner as well.

There are sweet intake and exhaust setups and TONS of aftermarket potential for those 250s. I had so much fun on mine, and I actually miss it. I had it for a year, took my license test, and rode a friends 2000 R6 for a while. Now I'm about to purchase a 2011 gsxr 750!!!

pic related, my long lost 07 ex250
>>
>>14097988
so much fun to work on. there's a great wiki page on the ex250 that tell you literally everything you would ever want to know about maintenance, upgrades, aftermarket, part exchangeability, and shit tons more. shit's a gold mine for DIYs
>>
>>14097996
rejetted the carb jets to 110 mains (from stock 105s), shimmed the jet needles, opened the idle a little bit, replaced the awkward ass airbox with a K&N r0990 filter.

That stuff alone dramatically improved (and loudened) the sound and gave it approx (based on what others have officially reported) 10-12 more hp at a loss of about 10mpg (from ~70, I'd be fine), which, for a 37hp bike, that's almost 130% increase, so yea. It used to have trouble hitting the top geared speed of 105, now it quickly jumped up to 95 and within seconds could make it to 105. A -2 sprocket in the rear gave me some more breathing room on the top end. I had a 250 that topped out at about 123 on the speedo, like a new 300
>>
>>14091162

>buy it
>become smear
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.