[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just paid 18k for an 08 Sti hatch with 99,900 miles and a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 13-Rear-Quarter.jpg (969 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
13-Rear-Quarter.jpg
969 KB, 1500x1000
Just paid 18k for an 08 Sti hatch with 99,900 miles and a new engine and clutch with 20k miles on it. Only mods were cold air intake, y pipe, and cobb access port with a pro tune. Only problem i found was the power steering is leaking. Howd i do?
>>
File: 1446086888071.jpg (36 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1446086888071.jpg
36 KB, 500x371
jesus fuckin' christ, how horrifying
>>
post pics you nigger
>>
>>14090925
uh, what happened to the old engine and clutch

subarus are literally rotary-tier reliability wise, I pity the fool who buys one and thinks its reliable like a camry
>>
>>14090925
wtf am i reading
>>
>>14091044
They fell out of the car while it was being driven
>>
>>14090925
That car is way too new to be blowing up engines. Was probably detuned to sell.
>>
>Subaru

Report and sage people, we don't want Subaru trash on our board.
>>
>>14090925
>CAI
>COBB

That thing got fucked, OP. No wonder its eating ringlands for breakfast.
>>
>>14091002
Its night time right now so cant>>14091051

The PO said he started to hear knocking from the engine at about 80k miles so decided to swap it for the new sti engine.
>>
>>14091065
lol

gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: iy993oD.jpg (82 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
iy993oD.jpg
82 KB, 500x741
>2008 car
>100k miles
>new engine AND clutch already
>modded
>modded with a "pro tune"
>power steering leaking

op are you an idiot?
is this a bait?
what is it with the STI fanbase and their autism..
for 18k you could have gotten a way better car but you chose to get cucked instead.
>>
>>14091065
>started to hear issues
>drop 10k+ into it
...right...
>>
>>14090925
>18k
>second engine
>leaking power steering
Please be trolling
>>
>>14090925
You dun diddly fucked yerself sideways.
>>
>2008
>Second Engine

I'm convinced turbo rotaries are nowhere nearly as bad as Turbo Subarus
>>
WRXes and STi's for the most part don't have reliability issues, they have driver issues.

Remove the Ken Block wannabe from behind the driver's seat (or get a base model with like 165hp) and suddenly the issues go away.

Granted EJ series engines have their own shitty peculiarities to begin with, but 99% of the time when shit is fucked, it was driven like piss. Flat brim-donning, monster energy drink swilling yoloswaggots can't admit that they're totally incompetent, so it's obviously the car's fault.

Clearly the PO was an idiot, so you dun goofed. The only time you ever buy a WRX is if it was driven by a literal grandma or grandpa who bought it because it was a Limited and it came with foglights and heated seats and they didn't like automatic transmissions. Probably were also upsold like a motherfucker at the dealership.
>>
>>14091298
my turbo rotary lasted for nearly the same amount of miles and since 1993
>>
>>14091266
Welcome to Subarus.
>>
>>14091311
No.

Ringland failure has been a huge issue on completely stock cars.
>>
>>14091311
those 5-speeds weren't too hot either...
>>
>>14090925
>new engine

Houston, we have a ploblem
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.