[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do the people getting cars done by these reality shows have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: counting-cars.jpg (119 KB, 1024x629) Image search: [Google]
counting-cars.jpg
119 KB, 1024x629
Do the people getting cars done by these reality shows have a really good idea about what they are going to get? You never see anyone get mad after the reveal.

I mean I would be royally pissed if my project got foosed up.
>>
get that cancer out of this board.
>>
File: bob_billetman.jpg (60 KB, 429x492) Image search: [Google]
bob_billetman.jpg
60 KB, 429x492
It's all fake. I was at Wyotech when they filmed one of the first episodes of the Foose show, where they turned the tri 5 into the roadster. The car belonged to a friend of the show and the build took 9 months, not the week or whatever that they portray it on the show. Nobody is actually getting the ol two tone surprise
>>
>>14090645
Man Boyd was a colossal faggot.
>>
what the fuck is going on with the right arm/hand of the left baldy dude?
>>
>>14090972
Idk, He was more than nice to BlueBear.
>>
>>14090576
If you get mad, they remind you of the contract you signed, where the car belongs to them until the show is over and you have to pay a hefty contract fine if you refuse to cooperate, then they repeat the scene until they're satisfied with your level of excitement.
>>
>>14090576
There's 3 types of "reality" shows in regards to cars

>Actual reality
Rare as fuck, shows things as they happened but edited to be more interesting, typically has little manufactured drama. Cast is nearly all real people, there may be one or two actors. "Owner" is probably actually the owner. Wheeler Dealers falls here, as does early Top Gear
>Semi reality
Your standard fare. Shit did happen, but it's all guided. The car build wasn't done in secret but with some input from the owner, people are fed lines by the director and it's all edit together with regards for maximum drama. Cast is probably 50/50 real people and actors. "Owner" is still probably the owner, but may be an actor and is probably coached. Late Top Gear falls here along with stuff like Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch.
>"Reality"
Everything is manufactured, the cast is 90%+ actors and everything is done to a script. Car build is done over the course of several months but portrayed as rushed in a week. Typically has an excess of everything stupid. The "Owner" may or may not be an actor, but is coached to act like the director wants. Is the only one that has retakes. Pimp My Ride falls here, along with basically anything on Discovery Turbo.
>>
>>14090972
Was?
I think you ment is
..boyd is a colossal faggot
>>
>>14093059
I bet you still watch anything on discovery turbo. I still do because of the cars, not for the people.
>>
>>14090972
He spawned other cancerous, car-fags as well like Jesse James and Chip Foose who used to work for him.

>>14093059
>Actual reality
You could imagine the nightmare of being at an actual workshop and having greasy, mouth breathing shitbirds that where weaned on these dumb car shows trying to cram money and unreasonable build times at them.
>Rebuild an engine, give us a week
>'buh buh I need it in 2 days to go to a car show, thats how long it takes on tv!'
>>
>>14093085
I will freely admit I spent Sunday lying on the couch watching a marathon of Lords of the Car Hoard

I came to the conclusion that Rick Dore is a huge faggot with no originality that does exactly the same shit every time. Except for that car he did for Hetfield. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>14093090
I now want to see an actual reality show based on a week in a random workshop.

>Oil changes
>Tire fittings
>And that one BMW that sits in the corner in bits and has for 3 years
>>
>>14093092
Yeah the metal finish car was cool, Some of the cars they've made were mediocre, rest were shitty.

I like the show Bitchin' Rides, they make some nice looking boomer mobiles.
>>
>>14093098
For some reason they showed the 300D build for the rocket scientist twice. Why the fuck a "Custom car expert" was restoring a Chrysler for a supposed $100,000 is beyond me.

I don't watch much TV, I'll need to watch Bitchin' Rides for the boomer mobiles.

>Adverts for something I forget
>Restomodded classic cars
>Everything looks the same, massive nigger rims, chopped tops and a luxury interior
>>
>>14093060
he's dead
>>
>>14093096
Heh, my dad owned a garage when I was growing up.
Basically as the slave/child labour unit at the time it was pretty much oil, grease guns, tyre fitting (...fuck I hated fitting tyres!) and various part-fitting on random, worn out shit that had rattled around the country and never been serviced.

About the only real upside was being able to do up my own car(s) with useful gear like engine hoists, pits and enough tools to do all manner of random shit.
>>
>>14093103
Putting nice paint and big nigger chrome wheels on boomer mobiles is the new thing. Bitchin rides people make pro tourers and shit, which is cool.

Vegas rat rods is another one i just chill to. I swear I have a list of over 20 car shows.

Overhaulin
>Chip foose, lol..

Top Gear USA
>Only good for the features

Lost in Transmission
>Rutledge Woods car resto show

Junkyard Empires
>Stupid stingy rich prick that owns a junkyard, His dad sounds like gilbert godfried.

Highway to Sell
>Rand car resto show based in Florida.

South Beach Classics
>Shit

American Hot Rod
>Boyd Coddington
>Ever

Bitchin Rides
>Pro Tourer boomer mobiles, West Coast Customs type show

Car Warriors
>Car build show in 72 hrs

Counting Cars
>Shit, Danny is a hippie stuck in the 70s

Fast n Loud
>Scum show, cars are cool

Garage Squad
>They go around to peoples houses and fix the boomers cars so they drive again

Graveyard Carz
>Marc Woman. Annoying idiot but good knowledge

Jesse James Outlaw Garage
>Jesse James is a faggot

Misfit Garage
>Worse than Fast n Loud

Rod N Wheels
>0/10, The two owners kids are spoilt idiots destroying their business

Rusted Development
>Pro Wrestler and unoriginal designer ruining cars

Street Outlaws
>Car racing, Fake but watchable

Vegas Rat Rods
>Build rat rods and junkers and make them drivers.
>>
>>14093145
I'll fire down the list and see if I actually like any of them.

Only one's I've seen already are Rusted Development (called Extreme Car Hoarders here, formerly called Lords of the Car Hoards) and Top Gear USA, both of which were meh at best
>>
>>14093161
Have fun with that anon.
>>
I've never seen this shit, don't even know what it is, but based on their edgy poses, I'm guessing they do up a bunch of classic cars and then add a bunch of shit like suicide doors and chrome skulls and shit. Am I half right at least?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.