[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.drivingfast.net/car-cont rol/rev-matching.htm Di
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: keisuke.png (332 KB, 720x396) Image search: [Google]
keisuke.png
332 KB, 720x396
http://www.drivingfast.net/car-control/rev-matching.htm

Diagram 8 shows the throttle still being pressed while the clutch is being let off. I thought you just blip the throttle then let go of the gas before you raise the clutch.

Which is it?
>>
File: 2hu dorifuto.jpg (134 KB, 850x581) Image search: [Google]
2hu dorifuto.jpg
134 KB, 850x581
Come on do you'll nerds even rev match?
>>
M-maybe
>>
>>14088792
Naw, it's extraneous bullshit.
>>
>>14088761
It doesn't matter where the throttle is, only that the revs are correct for the speed and gear.
If you blip high you likely won't have any throttle on when letting the clutch out.
If it's a smaller blip you might have a little throttle still on to hold the revs.
Usually you are braking and rev-matching at the same time so a big blip while focusing on threshold braking is the norm.
>>
>>14088792
i rev match every downshift
i double clutch every downshift

a lot of times i even heel-toe just for the hell of it
>>
>>14091629
it's fun
>>
>>14091633
agreed
i know it's pointless but i like practicing
>>
>>14091629
Double clutch, rev match and heel-toe?

>toretto plz
>>
>>14091646
Sounds like one of those cross dressing gay latino dances, don't it?
>>
>>14091629
Why would you double clutch?
Whats the point.
>>
>>14091694
The danger anon. The DANGER.
>>
>>14091694

the car i learned on had worn synchros so it just became a habit
>>
>>14091705
Oh well thats fine then.
>>
>>14091713
also I've become very proficient at it so it's probably not any slower than granny shifting
>>
Alright lads I tried it today. 4th to 3rd is so fucking easy but 3rd to 2nd isn't. I got it perfectly a few times so that the revometer didn't move at all after I blipped. Felt great desu lads.
>>
>>14091717
what the fuck is double clutch and granny shifting
this makes no sense
>>
>>14091694
I bet you drive like a granny. Not double-clutching like you should.
>>
>>14091694
My car has a very short 1st and trying to shift normally results in a lot of jolting around when going from first to second. 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 (double clutching 5-6 actually results in more jolting than shifting normally because of how close the ratios are) are better but it's way smoother to double clutch. And that's on an 07 saab 93 2.0T
>>14094024
Double clutching
In gear/gas on
Clutch on /gas off/ in neutral
Clutch off/gas off /in neutral
Clutch on /gas off/next gear
Clutch off/gas on /in gear
Basically double clutching involves pumping the clutch to bring the engine RPMs down to the level of the next gear. The engine speed falls at its own pace and sometimes that pace isn't fast enough to evenly match the engine and transmission speed which results in jerking when changing gears. The point of connecting the engine and transmission together while in neutral is to match the engine rpm to the transmission shaft, which gives you smoother shifts when you do it right. I do it in my saab because my ecu actually keeps the rpm up when I let off the gas for longer than nessasary to shift which results in you looking like you knowing what you're doing faster but quickly gets irritating once you don't need that handicap and when trying to shift quicker because the RPMs don't drop like they should naturally. I hope that helps explain why it still may be a needed all to learn even in a new car. May be, not all cars need you do it to shift smoothly.

Granny shifting = shifting at 1200 rpm when driving a non diesel vehicle.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.