[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britfag here Are Ford Mustangs good value for money? Even in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
Britfag here

Are Ford Mustangs good value for money?

Even in the UK, a used V8 Mustang is about the same money for the same year & mileage Golf GTI

Obviously the Golf is more more practical and in some ways more sophisticated.

How are Mustangs viewed in the USA? As a poor man's Porsche or good bang for the buck?
>>
>poor man's Porsche?

I've never heard a Mustang compared to a Porsche. The new ones are pretty great, last generation not so much.
>>
>>14088245
Mustangs are quite big by our standards. Also, a v8 is going to get through fuel like God knows what. Moreover, I don't think last gen Mustangs are particularly great when it comes to handling (though not as bad as the stereotypes would have you believe, either).

Why do you care how Mustangs are judged in America? Are you planning on taking it out there?
>>
>>14088245
What. Is the Mustang really referred to as a poor man's Porsche overseas?
>>
>>14088271
>Why do you care how Mustangs are judged in America? Are you planning on taking it out there?

Because Mustangs are more common in the USA, they can be judged more easily against other makes.

The Mustangs rarity in the UK would elevate it in most people's minds. Maybe I haven't explained it too well.

re; handling, I don't care, I'd like one just to enjoy in a straight line at the weekend.
>>
>>14088245
In the USofA its mostly seen as a girls car (v6) or a douche car (v8)
No one likes mustang drivers unless you like Ford.
And if you like ford you may be mentally handicapped
>>
>>14088285
>What. Is the Mustang really referred to as a poor man's Porsche overseas?

no I just pulled that phrase out my ass

'Poor man's BMW M3'

I dunno what to compare it to in terms of Europe & Asia
>>
>>14088292
>straight line at the weekend

Get something older and lighter.
>>
>>14088292
>I'd like one just to enjoy in a straight line at the weekend.

It'd have to be the Mustang then, surely. No way a Golf Gti fits that brief, good as they are.
>>
I'd honestly prefer a new V6 Stang over a last-gen V8 Stang. They just look and handle a lot better. You're in the UK so you don't need to worry about boomers or tanktops whining about MUH V8
>>
>>14088245
Depending on the year of the Mustang, they are an extremely fun car to drive and made solely on driving enthusiasts. Sure, there isn't much practicality, but that wasn't what the Mustang was made for. If you decide to get a V8, then you'll have a lot of fun with it, garaunteed. But, don't expect it to handle well in snow and ice. Even in rain you have to baby it.

And in The States there are mixed perceptions of it. On one side, it's a great car and an American icon that has quite literally the largest fanbase out of any car in the world. On the other side, people who are Brand-loyal to other cars/manufacturers will toss around any short coming the Mustang has because it is such a competitor for their beloved cars.

>>14088258
Actually, it depends on the models you get. The Boss 302 or the Shelby Mustangs are all great cars and can be compared to the BMW M3's all day. But, the Base V6's are just a good car for cheap. The 2011-2014 GTS are great cars when they have the track pack. But, other than that they are rather bland.

>>14088292
The 2011-2016 Mustang GT will be a fine car for you if that is what you want out of a car. It has a lot of torque to put you back into your seat and a pretty great sound, especially if you get the right exhaust setup for it. The GT will definitely put a smile on your face.

>>14088294
This is only the perceptions of Chevy drivers. I personally own a 2003 Mustang Cobra, and no one has ever shown my car an ounce of disrespect. But, people around here also know what the 03 Cobra is and what it is capable of.

>>14088296
Poor Man's M3 can be right.m on the money. The Boss 302 and Shelby Mustangs are just as good as the M3's and actually hold their value a lot better.

>>14088297
You don't need something older and lighter to have fun with. Just about any Mustang GT is cheap enough and will bring a smile to your face while you're driving it. And they are the easiest cars to modify due to such a large aftermarket for them.
>>
>>14088305
The new V8 will still be faster and still handle better than a new V6.
>>
>>14088386
>This is only the perceptions of Chevy drivers.
I also dislike chevy
>I personally own a 2003 Mustang Cobra, and no one has ever shown my car an ounce of disrespect
Come talk to me sometimes. I love openly mocking mustang fags. They are always too stupid to catch on that you're making fun of them
>>
>>14088296
Bad analogy, no wonder you guys don't like the mustang.

The Mustang is a big, loud, boisterous, crazy animal that is always happy and loves to run around. If cars were dogs, it's a golden retriever. It is not sophisticated, it is not fancy, it is just fun and likes to have a good time.

That is NOT the BMW M3. They are worlds apart.
>>
>>14088245
>Are Ford Mustangs good value for money?
No.
>>
Around here in America, a Porsche is a little more uncommon than a Mustang. Mustangs are known to be some of the best muscle cars you can get. (Compared to other American cars.) In some instances, a modified mustang would be more impressive than an exotic. They're relatively cheap to modify which is also a plus.
>>
>>14088285
No it's known as the poor mans camaro
>>
>>14088446
americans could make a lot of money exporting mustangs if they didn't have their enterprising spirit knocked out of them
>>
>>14088258
last gen mustangs blow shit.
people only buy them to say they own "muscle"
>>
>>14088397
And do you have anything better than or even comparable to a 2003 Cobra?

Because I'm betting you don't know a tenth of what I do about cars. And if you knew anything about a Terminator, you might show it a bit more respect.

Unless you own a Corvette or an M3 and hate staring at their tail lights.
>>
>>14088510
there are laws in place to prevent this.
>>
>>14088418
> they are worlds apart
The M3 and the Cobra/Boss run neck and neck around a circuit. They are far from world's apart... Unless you mean the interior quality. Then your M3 might be better to sit in while you're looking at the rear end of a Mustang.
>>
For every Porsche I see at least 87~ mustangs. mustangs are fucking garbage hunks of shit. In the UK you still use Imperial right? get a corvette.
>>
>>14088498
> poor man's Camaro
> faster in all regards to the Slomaro
Now what?
>>
>>14088513
prove it
>>
>>14088513
You're saying the 11-14 GT's blow? The 12-13 Boss 302? The 07-14 GT500? Well, those are blown from factory. But, they are all great cars.
>>
>>14088555
terminators are fucking gay as shit. this isn't the noughties anymore, if anyone wants to see some bald sunglasses wearing douche in a terminator they'd watch street race videos from 2007 on YouTube.

The New Edge is an ugly hunk of fucking garbage.
>>
>>14088580
> get a Corvette
> double the price at only a tenth better performance
Can you math?
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 500x333
>>14088597
And yet, you'll never own anything as fast or faster. :)

Also looks are subjective. I think this is sexy as fuck.
>>
>>14088602
You can get a C5 for $10-15,000. An LT1 C4 for even less than that.

And if "performance" in your overweight 2+2 shitbox is zooming down the highway in a straight line then LOL

OP do yourself a favor and get a C4-C5 corvette. A true 2 seater sports car that can pull .95 Gs. AMERICAS sports car. Not a shitty mustang bitch car.

>>14088611
You don't know what I own you emoticon using faggot.

>he thinks Murdered Out looks cool

LMAO you really are stuck in the 2000's
>>
>>14088611
>thinking 390 hp in a 3600 pound boat is "fast"
>doesn't know C4s make 300hp and C5s 350 while weighing 500 pounds less
>>
>>14088648
Terminators were known for being underrated from the factory, but go ahead and keep making yourself look like a fool
>>
>>14088245
>poor mans porsche
Literally no one thinks this

They are seen as big v8 cars for cruising around for boomers and teenagers
>>
>>14088574
edgy
but the only american cars that are actually faster than an M3/M4 is the Corvette and ACR snek which are still different class cars.
Also OP i live in uk and a Mustang is much better than any Golf (or VW) in terms of fun and performance. I think it will be awful to insure though
>>
>>14088663
This

The only disadvantage, besides gas mileage, would be insurance rates, ESPECIALLY in the UK, don't you guys have displacement tax as well?
>>
>>14088611
>mfw new 4 cylinder rustangs with more boost are fastet
>old s chassis and skylines can be fasterwith few mods
>>
>>14088640
> C5 for $10k-$15k.
> C4 anything not a ZR1
I guess you really can't math. Look, all C5 Vettes doesn't stand a chance against the Terminator. Hell, the C5 Z06 performs the exact same. Why would anyone get a base C5 if they want to be better than a Terminator? In fact, a pulley swap and a tune will out perform a C6 Z06.

You really don't know what a Terminator is if you think it was made purely for straight line speed. 8.8" IRS, Bilstein shocks and springs, Brembo Brakes, and Molded in the wind tunnel to make it aerodynamically the best. These cars are one of god's gift to the automotive world.

> Murdered Out
> was started in the 1950's
> says stuck in 2000's
You really can't math.

>>14088648
> not knowing that the Terminator and the 2003 M3 both were equals in performance
> not knowing that a C5 Z06 won't out run a Terminator
> not knowing what the power/torque curve is
Math really isn't your strong suit, anon.
>>
>>14088675
> run more boost on a 2015 Ecoboost that already runs 15 psi
> can't run 13's let alone 12's
Again, you really can't math. Maybe you should stop.
>>
>>14088611
That IS sexy as fuck
>>
>>14088675
> durr Skyline GT-R is fasterrr
I surely hope so, they are more expensive. And also, a Terminator's stock block can handle 1200+ hp. A BNR GTR's cannot hold over 700 hp without needing to change the internals.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x333
>>14088706
A lot of people agree with us. He's just trying to troll and failing horribly like he failed in math class.
>>
>>14088671
insurance costs depend on the type of the car, like a 1.6 litre BMW is about 50% more to insure than a 1.6 Volkswagen Polo, also coupes are more expensive to insure than other body types, depends on the drivers age (very high insurance rates for under 25s) also depends on years of license held, diesels are also more expensive than petrol, if you live in a big city it costs more than a smaller town etc etc the list goes on
>>
>>14088386
A Very Long Post
>>
>>14088729
I try not to make a bunch of posts if I can avoid it with one post.
>>
>>14088717
So you're insurance system is similar to ours (US)? No displacement tax, butnif the car has a reputation regardless of displacement, it will have a higher rate, correct?
>>
>>14088747
But, here in the US, we have a lot of variables to determine insurance price that it's hard to determine from one car to another car and even from one person to another person.

Like me for instance. I pay $80 a month for full coverage on my Cobra.
>>
>>14088763
My point in asking him was to determine if their system is similar because it sounds like it
>>
Get a Mustang and be an Ameriboo.
>>
>>14088747
there is both reputation tax and displacement tax in UK.
god I love it back home in Latvia, 20 euros (less than 22$) per 3 months for my 2.5 litre diesel Audi.
>>
>>14088786
I get that, but still it's probably more difficult to determine how similar their insurance rates are determined compared our insurance rates.

They could have so many variables that we think is rediculous and vise versa. Hell, even trying to determine our own insurance rates and how the insurance companies determine them is difficult enough for us to figure them all out as it is.

Insurance companies are always retarded and hardly tell you shit that would save you money.
>>
File: push a ford.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
push a ford.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Don't forget to apply your OEM bumpersticker.
>>
>>14088822
Fast Only Racing Downhill
>>
I'd rather drive a panel van with a NAMBLA bumper sticker than be caught dead in a mustang.
>>
>>14089064
Until you drive one. :)

Also, if you had any year Cobra, you'd absolutely love it. They are pretty fantastic cars. Though, they had problems with the intake and exhaust in the 1999 model year, and if you took it in for the recall they would fix it for you at no charge.
>>
>>14089064
Also, just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek
>>
>>14088574
nigger I'm talking about design philosophy.
>>
>>14088294
You could've just simplified your post by saying these three words, "I hate Fords."
>>
>>14088418
So it means that the Mustang is more reliable, right?
>>
>>14088510
M8, you think the Mustang isn't sold out of the USA?
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>14091214
You're talking about looks rather than performance? The. You are in the wrong place. Maybe I can direct you to a BMW or Mercedes forum to talk about looks and live in denial of a pricetag of these dumb cars while a fucking Cobra performs just as well at half he price.

Also, a fun fact:
> 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
MSRP: $35k
Now: $16k-$23k
> 2003 BMW M3
MSRP: $64k
Now: $7k-$13k

> B-but my BMW heritage and my social status of having a M3.

Look at that little M3 trying to keep up. It's so precious. Pic related.
>>
>>14092717
>design philosophy = exterior aesthetic
Perhaps return when you understand words, family.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>14092729
Are you just repeating yourself? Because I still stand correct in what I said. You like the look of that German little-dick-syndrome at the pricetag somewhere between "not worth it" and "holy fuckin' shit no".

Also, I personally love the rear end of the Cobra. But, then again I never get to see the rear end of a M3. So, I could be biased.
aesthetics
—noun (used with a singular verb)

the branch of philosophy dealing with such notions as the beautiful, the ugly, the sublime, the comic, etc., as applicable to the fine arts, with a view to establishing the meaning and validity of critical judgments concerning works of art, and the principles underlying or justifying such judgments.
the study of the mind and emotions in relation to the sense of beauty.
Also, see Asshat
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.