[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/, Looking for a coupe just as a fun weekend car. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Hey /o/,

Looking for a coupe just as a fun weekend car. What do you guys think of the F-Type?

There's one on sale nearby brand new at the dealership and it's heavily discounted because 2015.

The one at the dealership is manual too :^)
>>
f type is sexy
i love them
>>
>>14087725
Is it the coupe or the convertible? I think the F Type is the tits, go for it.
>>
>>14087725
>fun weekend car
nope
you DD your motorsports car dipshit
one man
one car
like god intended
>>
>>14087742
>He only has one car
>He doesn't have a car for speed, a car for handling, and a car for comfort to DD
>laughinggirls.jpeg
>>
>>14087725
pretty pigfat tbqhfam
you'd be better off with a cayman or something if you want a weekend car
sounds good tho
>>
>>14087747
no thanks man thats not what life is to me
>>
File: itsajaaaaaagg.jpg (159 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
itsajaaaaaagg.jpg
159 KB, 1136x640
>>14087725
Hi OP. I currently own an automatic F-Type S but also owned a manual S and an R for a short time. Without going into too much detail, the car has been amazing so far any drives perfectly. The biggest complaint I have is that it isn't enough power (if you get an S I strongly recommend a blower-swap). In my opinion, the car also rides a little high stock (aesthetics-wise, only) even though it might not look like it in pictures. I've had a couple issues with light/electrics but your warranty should cover it, my dealership fixed/replaced everything free of charge. If you can afford it, definitely go for the S or R over the base level - the exhaust button is a must-have.

Anyways, there's a lot more I could go on about but if you have specific questions I can answer them if you'd like.
>>
>>14087737
One approval, nice.

>>14087739
Hardtop, not convertible.

>>14087754
>>14087747
>>14087742

http://www.parkplace.com/jaguar/plano/all-inventory/2016-jaguar-f-type-g8k32770

I'm betting I can get the car to $60K or so. But this is the one I'm looking at. Please r8
>>
>>14087757
Life isn't for your enjoyment? Then why live, I'm not saying the cars were even that expensive, but they each have a character all their own. Please explain what your purpose in life is if not to carry on knowledge and enjoy ones self.
>>
File: 6IGIBuP.jpg (98 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
6IGIBuP.jpg
98 KB, 576x1024
>>14087742
there is no god
I can't even afford a bike
>>
>>14087759
I'm trying to keep the budget in the $60K-$70K range since it's not a primary car and I can't really justify going balls to the wall on something that's mostly going to sit. Other expenses come first lol.

What should I look for specifically? Do they have a blind spot assist? This would be my first Jag BTW.
>>
>>14087775

one car one man
>>
>>14087778
I'm going to say slip it because it is a base. In that price range, you could get the XE which would be the M3 competition. That money can also give you a CPO XFR, XKR, or XJR all of which I would take over the base F Type. It is better looking, bit the other three are good looking, faster, and more practical. If it was an S at that price, id take it but Id say nay.
>>
>>14087782
This does not answer my question in the slightest.
>>
>>14087788
If I go the sedan route, it has to be similar in wheelbase to the E350 or BMW 5 series. I don't fit in compacts at all haha.

I fit in coupes because it's all driver though. But you say skip the base model Jag? Tbh I just want a coupe that's not a 4 series and this looks like it would scratch that itch. No need for excess vroom.
>>
>>14087778
It was my first Jag as well, never thought I'd own one but after test-driving everything in similar price-ranges the F-Type was my favorite and it wasn't even close. The only one I would compare it to would be a 991 Turbo that was almost double the price and I couldn't afford.

You could probably get an S for less than 80k, and I'm talking out-the-door price. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a '15 model (assuming you want the coupe) for 72-73k also. That being said, if you can't stretch the budget it's understandable. What this anon said is true >>14087788 BUT I would personally recommend a used 911 or Aston over the XFR/XJR (had them both as a loaner when the F-Type was in the shop). There was so many things I didn't like about the XFR I won't even get into it. Haven't driven the XKR, but it looks beautiful and is supposed to be their best pure-drivers car in production so a CPO one might not be a bad choice.
>>
>>14087778
And yes, blind spot assistance is an option but doesn't come standard. For a sports car the visibility out the back is very very good. Although I can't speak for everyone, backing it into a garage isn't a challenge at all with or without blindspot assistance.
>>
>>14087844
I agree with what you said about my reply (XFR/XKR), but the 911 is nowhere near as comfortable and the only Astons in that range are either ran to hell or V8 Vantages (not a bad thing, but lord does it feel slow when compared to a 997 911.

As for interior space, I'm 6'1" and fit with plenty of room to spare in an XF and XJ. My mother is 6'5" and comments on the legroom she has while riding shotgun to the doctor.
>>
>>14087792
one car
one
man
>>
>>14087844
>>14087851
Blindspot is mostly for turning since assholes like to hide in blindspots.

Maybe I can see if there's a great deal but it's a beautiful car for the price. I can afford a little bit more so maybe there's a 15 sitting out there waiting for me to find it
>>
>>14087873
Keep the search up for an S anon. Well worth the wait.
>>
File: That's my fetish.jpg (242 KB, 1080x717) Image search: [Google]
That's my fetish.jpg
242 KB, 1080x717
>>14087725
>I just want a fun RWD manual coupe
>Jaguar

nigger, just get a Toyobaru
>>
>>14087905
Will do

>>14087950
I want a luxury car. I know that there are objectively better and cheaper options but none of them capture my interest
>>
>>14087725
As much as I like that car, and like manuals, I've heard terrible things about Jaguar's manual transmissions. Definitely test drive it, though.
>>
If its a coupe, get it. If its a convertible, get it.
>>
>>14088426

I'm so fucking confused, who are you? Literally what demographic do you fit in to, what do you do, where do you live, how old are you, do you have kids?
>>
What's the price range?
>>
>>14090334
Coming from the guy who has owned both, the manual is great - nothing I'd complain about. Automatic shifts instantly even with pedals too, but the magic gears seem very high. Also first is useless if you aren't in full auto and doing a race from a dig.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.