[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of the Cadillac ATS? I test drove a used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: Cadillac_ATS.jpg (79 KB, 628x405) Image search: [Google]
Cadillac_ATS.jpg
79 KB, 628x405
What does /o/ think of the Cadillac ATS? I test drove a used one the other day and thought it was great (even though the guage cluster is UGLY and the touchscreen is p laggy).

That aside, the handling and general feel of the car was awesome.
>>
>>14086428
Never driven one.

Everything I've read about them says the chassis is if not the best handling chassis on the market today, at least one of the best. But both 4-cylinder engine options are underwhelming, and the build quality is not the best. They also do poorly on reliability rankings. But they turn and stop phenomenally.

I know that the "Standard", "Luxury" and "Performance" trims all have their own completely different suspension calibrations, and handle/ride completely different. So it's very important to know which one you drove. There's also a 4th "premium" option which has the fancypants electronically adjustable suspension.
>>
They drive well, but half of their parts are from the Chevy bin to make them so competitively priced. It's easily noticable on a closer look, for example as you said with the garbage MyLink infotainment.
>>
>>14086428

ATS is a competitor to the 3 series and the ATS-V is a competitor to the M3 /M4

They have among the best ride quality in the world in terms of luxury cars in their class (thanks to magneride suspension) and now they are the fastest you can buy in comparison to their competitors.

Wouldn't mind a older CTS-V myself
>>
ew
>>
Unreliable shitboxes that have been recalled as soon as they hit the market.

If /o/ is to believed (something nobody should ever even consider) they are "MUH BMW KILLERS!" when in reality they barely qualify as tier 2 luxury cars
>>
File: ATSDay-450x198.jpg (24 KB, 450x198) Image search: [Google]
ATSDay-450x198.jpg
24 KB, 450x198
>>14086579
>ATS is a competitor to the 3 series and the ATS-V is a competitor to the M3 /M4
GM wishes.

Until they put an equal amount of cash into the interior, the customer is never going to go for it.

Fuck all the chassis, powertrain, handling development.

Someone cross-shopping these cars is going to sit down in the ATS and walk over to the BMW dealership. The fact is that 95% of the people who will buy in this segment don't go on a canyon run during the test drive. You sit in it, feel the materials, look at the layout.

I mean, look at this bullshit.
>>
File: cadillac_kek.png (26 KB, 650x274) Image search: [Google]
cadillac_kek.png
26 KB, 650x274
>>14086682
>>
>>14086682
This is the 3 series.
>>
>>14086659
>Unreliable shitboxes

BMWs aren't any better in that category.

>>14086682
>GM wishes.

Yea no shit that's why i said its a M3/M4 competitor because that's what Cadillac said they were aiming for.

i agree they could use a better interior but that's not the only thing holding them back. Dealership experience is also important and Cadillac needs to work on that since most people don't want to buy a luxury car the same place soccer moms and billy bobs buy Chevy Cruzes and Silverados.

No one will ever catch the Germans in sales because of the Brand identity. even in the 90s when Lexus was offering WAY superior cars than most Germans (so good that their competitors bought some to see what made them so good) people still opted for Germans and always will. Cadillac also needs to shake their shitty image of the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>14086428
To be honest, I think the ATS has a better chassis and steering feel than the 335i.
>>
File: cadillac ats coupe 2015.jpg (37 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
cadillac ats coupe 2015.jpg
37 KB, 595x335
it's good, but a manual tranny, the 2.0 turbo tuned for more power, and the premium package (limited slip diff, magnetic ride control) make is really good
>>
Now bmw can't compete with caddy Only thing they can say is muh gadges and even those will have aftermarket upgrade so like it matter
>>
the ATS-V gets my dick hard.
the base N/A V6 is for a niggers though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.