[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do the japs make irreplaceable stereos? Tried ripping off stereo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151221_181554003_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_181554003_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
Do the japs make irreplaceable stereos? Tried ripping off stereo in my 2004 Allion, but head unit is attached to the air conditioning. Then behind it there are wires from stereo, to AC, and in behind the dash...
>>
File: IMG_20151221_181639781_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_181639781_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
Back
>>
>>14085737
Obviously not. I mean, the car was assembled in the first place and not every car is optioned the same. You just need to figure out what connects to what.

That said, you are likely to run into a situation where the radio/nav is part of the car's network and it not reporting ready can cause all sorts of issues from a measly Check Engine light to the car not running at all. This sort of thing can usually be corrected with a reflash of the PCM with updated parameters but you have to have the equipment to do it with first.
>>
>>14085737
>mini disk player
jelly
>>
>>14085834
Doesn't work. And the stereo has no aux, maps are for Japan only. All that space taken up and all its good for is reverse camera and FM radio

>>14085810
Well shit. I just spent 300 on a double din stereo. I've never had any problems replacing stereos in the past, when I took this one off I just scratched my head. I'll double check with auto electrician tomorrow.

If it can't be replaced I'll sell the car
>>
>>14085737
nah m8, thats just modern cars, want to fit a boombox you'll have to go with something pre-'00
>>
Stop being black, why do you need to change the radio
>>
>>14085859
It's in Japanese. Maps don't work. No aux. CD and mini disk player don't work. Only can use FM radio.
>>14085851
Ridiculous.
>>
>>14085850
>If it can't be replaced I'll sell the car
Oh I'm sure it can be you're just going to have to jump through some hoops to do it.
>>
>>14085850
You bought a car for the elderly, nobody expected you to change the stereo. Get it to a shop with dealer level scan tools and they might be able to change the language for you.
>>
>>14086001
I like the car. It's comfy and good mpg for my long daily commutes. Seats fold down in the back for lugging stuff around which none of my Nissan's had.

I have toys in my garage which I guarantee are faster than anything you own.

Thanks for the input though Mr edge
>>
why dont you take it to a pro?
>>
>>14086508
Will do tomorrow. Never struggled with doing stereos before, and a bit baffled at the fact that you'd have to cut the old stereo off the AC section. Pictures are bad but its all one piece.
>>
>>14086001
It's actually a pretty common thing in Japan to replace factory head units with aftermarket, even on brand new cars. Some cars even one without a stereo in them, just speakers and wiring
>>
>>14086478
>owns Nissans
>I have toys in my garage which I guarantee are faster than anything you own
OK kiddo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.