[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chickenshit police stops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9
File: police-lights.jpg (35 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
police-lights.jpg
35 KB, 620x349
How do you deal with cops who pull you over for no fucking reason?

Happened as I was leaving a store, cop was blocking the way I wanted to leave so I had to circle around out the other way. He started following me for a good 1/2 mile even after I made multiple turns to get back to the street I needed to get to.
He pulls me over with the usual mumbo jumbo, ask him why and he claims "I didn't stop at the crosswalk markings before the stop sign" on one of the previous turns I made. Had no clue what he was even talking about but he demanded the license and registration.
Everything came back clean and he seemed quite agitated about that.
Shined his flashlight into all of my windows looking around from the outside as best he could. Asked me a million questions about if I do drugs, if I have drugs, if I have burglary tools in the car, repeating the same questions over and over again. He asked to search the car which I said no to and he then went back to his car with my license and registration and just sat there for a good 40 minutes appearing to do absolutely nothing. Finally he came back and gave me my stuff back and told me I can go. Said it was just a "verbal warning" like they usually say but this one really pissed me off as I had somewhere to be and was made late by this fucker.

This is at least the fifth time it has happened to me in this same area, all with similar reasons.
Stops like my "taillight being too dim" or my window tint being "too dark" (its factory stock tint). All stupid nonsense reasons to stop me and never any actual ticket issued.
Later I retraced my route and found no crosswalk at any of the intersections I passed through.

I am white, mid 20s, and driving a pretty clean stock Mazda3
The fuck am I doing wrong and do I have any kind of case to recoup my wasted time against the police? (I was late to a market research group meeting, was not allowed in and lost about $200 they would have paid me)
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 245x245
I have a get out of jail free card from a relative who is a cop, so when ever i get pulled over i show them it.
>>
I've never been pulled over in my life except once at 3am when I didn't have my registration sticker on.

Are you like cruising around in 2nd making all kinds of noise or what.
>>
>>14085408
Then stop Driving While Poor
>>
>>14085430
Nope. It's a cheap auto version and this was at 5:15PM
>>
Just bought an EF with a fartcan exhaust. Almost got pulled over the second day I started driving it. Passed by an undercover cop that was on the shoulder of a street. He quickly made a U turn and gunned it towards me. My street was a couple blocks down so I pull onto my street and he's following behind me with his lights off. Pulled into my driveway and the fucker drove off.

Feels bad man but Honda life I guess
>>
>>14085466
I can understand attracting cops attention with modded vehicles and loud exhaust like that but I drive normal, don't hoon around like an idiot, and drive a boring normal car.

I always get pulled over in the middle of the day or early evening like this. I have never received a ticket in my life, only stops like this and "warnings" that waste my time.
>>
Got pulled over for making a left turn on a red light at the intersection of two one-way streets.

Apparently NC is one of the 7 states that's illegal in, no idea why.
>>
File: 5trkfs.png (2 MB, 1280x1313) Image search: [Google]
5trkfs.png
2 MB, 1280x1313
>tfw young, drive a lifted truck, have tinted ass windows, tinted tail lights, and drive 5 ever the speed limit and have never been pulled except for once when cop was driving behind me and saw expired registration (got it fixed and didn't get a ticket anyways)
>>
>>14085489
I never even knew you could do left turn on red anywhere.
It's illegal everywhere I have lived
>>
File: onewaytooneway.jpg (31 KB, 612x440) Image search: [Google]
onewaytooneway.jpg
31 KB, 612x440
>>14085495
Only when it's like pic related with one way streets
>>
>>14085505
ah
interesting
I am pretty sure its not allowed even with one way streets here
Never seen anyone do it.

Pretty cool though.
>>
>>14085505
Source?
>>
>>14085495
It makes sense for most intersections since you have to look out for traffic coming from 3 directions and it's easy to miss something, but on the intersection of two one-way streets it's the exact same thing as a right turn at a red light.

I've never run into an intersection like that and hesitated a bit before I made the turn, but thought about it a bit and just went for it.

Looked the law up afterwards and it's perfectly fine everywhere but SD, CN, MA, MO, NH, NC, and NYC.
>>
>>14085551
Weird. I live in states where it is apparently fine but nobody does it, its not marked that you can. People wait at the red lights to make lefts at one way streets downtown.
>>
>>14085408
Get a dash cam so you can prove you did not violate any road laws.

Point it at the police when they pull you over.
>>
>>14085572
I don't think it's a law that most people know, wouldn't be surprised if you got pulled over even in a state it's legal in just because the cop wasn't even thinking about it.

If you go for it, just make sure the street you're turning off of is one-way too, it's still illegal if one of the streets is two-way.
>>
>>14085594
If any road laws were violated they would have done more to enforce it
These stops are all about the cops hoping to ass into a drug bust. They manufacturer some bullshit excuse to pull someone over and hope you have warrants or something when they run the ID, then they hope you consent to a search and have something illicit in the car.
>>
>>14085408
>I am white, mid 20s, and driving a pretty clean stock Mazda3

Yeah, whatever, Jamal. Take the lift kit off your Impala and maybe it won't happen anymore
>>
I've gotten pulled over plenty of times for little or no apparent reason. Always pulled out of car. Of course, during this time period, I had my busted up blue convertible and I had a pretty sizeable beard. Seems like blatant profiling.

One time I was pulled over for plate light out (wasn't out but was painted over when car was painted by PO, so dim not completely out but w/e) and that turned into me getting sobriety tested for no reason with multiple tests. If I'd known "muh rights" then, I'd have probably protested that, since he did not pull me over for driving weird and did not state I seems intoxicated but do be it. No ticket and just a warning.

Another time, some cop blatantly lied that I pulled into an intersection before stopping. Does he think I'm a fucking idiot? Anyway. The questions he asked er wacked out as hell. "Why do you have a case of water in your car?", "What's that blue stuff on your boot" and so on. Once again, sobriety tested for no reason. Even called for backup. Another long waste of my time.

And people wonder why I have a generally bad disposition towards police. I've had good encounters as well, but too many times like this.
>>
>>14085408
If the cops are shading a particular store (or pub) then just park a hundred metres away or so across the street or something and leave discreetly
>>
>>14085711
Do they keep a record of these kind of stops?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzDeMXSgGl0
>>
>>14085728

I don't know. I believe warnings (or at least written ones, not sure about verbal) are on record but I don't know about stops. If so, then I'd not be surprised if they do this shit just to build a "record" against people.
>>
Oh and if there's one thing I've learned other than cops a shit, it's to be respectful and as compliant ad you feel appropriate. Don't piss off a cop she you'll probably avoid tickets.
>>
>>14085743
These are people who couldn't pass the psychological exams to be in the military.
Damn shame too. They would make fine cannon fodder on the front lines.
>>
>>14085772
I am always respectful but this piece of shit on the last one blatantly lied, cost me money, and probably cost me money in the future since missing these things results in being taken off many of these lists.

If there is any record of all of these stops (5 verbal warnings in about 2 years all off absolutely nothing / lies) then maybe I can file some type of complaint. All the same police department too.
>>
>>14085816

It's a shitty reality that you're best off being a little bitch yesman to cops rather than treating them as equals - the way it should be. Unless it's some scandalous event, you pretty much stand no chance going against a cop.

Can't say truthfully. Though it doesn't appear to be stopping, so I don't dee what harm it could do going to that PD and asking about it and if there is a record, ask about how make some sort or relevant appeal if you feel it's worth it.
>>
>>14085839
Do you think going there and asking for this or even filing some kind of complaint will result in "special treatment" against me?

I never had any problems in any of the previous places I have lived.
Moved here about 3 years ago and these bullshit pull overs start happening.
All Phoenix, AZ police and all within a 5 mile radius of the Desert Ridge shopping center area near where I live in case anyone is wondering.
>>
>>14085864
>Do you think going there and asking for this or even filing some kind of complaint will result in "special treatment" against me?

I can't say it's impossible, but they seem to already have it out for you. It's an odd thing to ask and they'd probably say no even if there is a way. I can't say if recommend it but if the risk seems worth it, perhaps it's worth a try.

If it were me, I'd just hope it stops happening and/or wait until I get a different car to see if it changes. Perhaps they've had trouble with some locals who drive similar vehicles and instantly profile you.
>>
>>14085489
>>14085505
It's illegal here?

Shit, I live in BFE here in North Carolina where most of the roads are like that and I do it all the time. Guess cops don't really care where I live.
>>
>>14085904
You live in an area where cops aren't under pressure to produce a steady stream of revenue from frivolous traffic stops and tickets.
Rural departments are all funded externally.
>>
>>14085505
This is also legal in washington state.

No idea why it wouldn't be. Left-on-red involving 1-way streets is the exact same maneuver as a right-on-red on a 2-way street.
>>
>>14085945
Most people don't know you can do it.
>>
>>14085936

I'm sure my area is part of the bullshit I deal with. We're an upper class suburban bubble. So money is #1 and there is very little real crime so they resort to traffic stops.
>>
>>14085864
>>14085816
You probably just look young and/or white-trash, both population segments that cops love to harass.

Cops used to pull me over all the time until I started losing my hair. Now they never pull me over.
>>
>>14085976
They should just stick to profiling blacks.
At least their chances of pulling a warrant up on an ID check would dramatically improve.
>>
File: 1334390720940.png (14 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1334390720940.png
14 KB, 679x427
>>14085993

Can't say I disagree.
>>
>>14085408
Next time, politely let the officer know that you need his badge number because you've been pulled over x-times this [period], and you are beginning to suspect that you might be being harassed because the stated reasons are frivolous, like tint checks on your factory tint windows, spinning the rear tires in a front wheel drive car, etc.

The key is to not get mad, no matter what, in fact you need to be friendly and sympathetic. Pretend the reason he pulled you over is serious, pretend that this concern is unrelated. Tell him that you don't think he's one of the repeat harassers, but you've been compiling badge numbers and times and dates to try and figure out who is.

Also do something to differentiate your car from the criminal's car they are mistaking it for.
>>
>>14085408
consider yourself lucky you don't live in australia.

the police here can make up a lie about you "losing traction" and impound your car for 28 days if they don't like you and there is NOTHING you can do as it is their word against yours and even a dashcam cannot help.

The reason a dashcam can't help is because they will say you did a burnout at the lights, they're not stupid enough to accuse you of drifting, but a burnout is easy for them to pretend you did and so you're just fucked.

Perhaps with a good lawyer, you can later get your car back but the cops will never be punished and you legally have no leg to stand on as far as compensation for time wasted.

Welcome to hoon laws in australia, where actual hoons get away and cops have realised they can charge you "on the spot fines" even if you're a normal bloke getting around and not even hooning.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?document_id=32184
http://theconversation.com/police-corruption-we-should-focus-on-the-ranks-not-the-rats-13990
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1896115

Have a read for yourself. These laws are just insane when you really think about it, it's not like they even stop cunts doing burnouts anyway and it's fostered a HUGE amount of casual corruption in the police in my state.

I've personally had to bribe 2 officers out of a simple speeding offense so i don't lose my car and be unable to work when i was not hooning, i was going like 3-5 km above the limit. They can lie about you doing a burnout and use your few km's over to support that you are a hoon when you're not whatsoever.

It's beyond fucked.
>>
File: 1447019288228.jpg (150 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
1447019288228.jpg
150 KB, 587x600
>>14085491
Tfw drive 53 year old pickup 5-10 over, pass cops and never get pulled over because they don't believe it can even go the speed limit.
>>
>>14085489
I have never heard of a left on red being legal
>>
>>14086106
It apparently is on one way streets but most people and cops are likely unaware.
>>
>>14086106
ITT: people who have never driven in cities with lots of one way streets.
>>
>>14085904
Yeah, it's technically illegal here, but there's no reason to pull you over if the cop isn't a dick and realizes what's going on. Pretty sure I got pulled over in Winston-Salem, was on my way from Blacksburg to the Raleigh area when my GPS decided to route me through the middle of a town for the fuck of it.
>>
>>14086077
>12/21/15(Mon)02:31:08 No.14086077
How does a dashcam not show you didn't burnout?

Wouldn't it capture the noise/register the super fast acceleration in the KmPH?
>>
>>14086124
True. I live where the burbs and rural areas meet
>>
>>14086124
There are plenty of one way streets downtown area but nobody ever goes left on red even when clear.
It's a complete unknown to practically everyone including the police here I am sure.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-40-58.png (526 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-40-58.png
526 KB, 1080x1920
>>14086106
From the Oregon driver manual.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-43-40.png (641 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-43-40.png
641 KB, 1080x1920
>>14086158
>>
>>14086148
They will just say you did a small one at the lights and that's enough.

The laws are so draconian that they actually have legal right to take your car if you drop the clutch with a bit too many revs in wet weather.

Completely accidental, will cause a tiny fucking skid and that's it.

But they can take your car right there on the spot if they want (or make you pay an on the spot fine (bribe) and you can't report them for corruption or you lose your car) and there's nothing you can do legally.

The paranoia here about hoons is so insane that people can no longer differentiate between an actual hoon doing a burnout infront of their house and some bloke making a little mistake because he's human.

Everything you need to know about these laws is summed up in 1 single premise.

>You lose your car before you go to court
>Guilty until proven innocent
>>
>>14086171
>Guilty until proven innocent
This is every commonwealth and former commonwealth region except US of A.

Blame the brit shits for this kind of judgment.
>>
>>14086181
What happens in the states if you speed?

If you go above 30km/h above the limit here your car's instantly gone, no fine, just impounded and gone.

Same for "losing traction" which can mean anything from drifting to just doing a tiny skid in the rain accidentally like i mentioned here >>14086171

Also, if there's someone you don't like you can ring the hoon hotline with another mate and all it takes is 2 reports of a burnout to count as "proof" and get his car impounded.
>>
>>14086195
Oh and i should mention that people drink/drug driving or talking on their phone are not subject to getting instant impound, they just lose a bunch of demerit points (and then cry to the judge and instantly get let off).

Drink driving's a huge problem here and they claim to care, but they're really out fining cunts more than stopping real dangerous drivers.
>>
>>14085772
Iv been nothing but compliant with cops and got a ticket for 54 in a 50 and a no front plate ticket which escalated into a seatbelt ticket when I explained I was just going across the street to get gas. Less than 100ft.

Didn't even exchange more than 5 words with the first guy and the second guy gave no fucks about there being zero traffic and I pulled myself over in the goddamn gas station parking lot where I wanted to be.

Fucking hate police
>>
>>14086195
There is no impound and they don't take your car but you have to either pay a somewhat large fine and go to drivers school again or defend yourself in court (you can't win) and possibly get points taken on your license.

It's not that bad but racking up multiple offenses in a short time results in a suspended and or revoked license.
The car is not touched since its the driver not the car.
Cars don't speed. Drivers do.
>>
>>14086077
SAfag here, so lets say someone already got two hoon offenses and get a third in someone else's car, they can 'dispose' of it even if it's not the offender's car?
>>
>>14086246
See that's more fair.

They can literally steal your property here.

I'm all for punishing the cunts doing burnouts, but take their licenses. Not their fucking cars. They paid for those, it's government mandated theft.

And what the other anon is saying about corrupt police is 100% right. Here in victoria, corrupt police make a killing by accusing innocent people of hooning. They always pay up and never snitch because there's no way out for them legally.

>>14086250
In victoria, yes.

You can also report someone's car as hooning with the hoon hotline and a few mates and they will go to his house and hunt him down like he murdered someone.
>>
>>14086246
Some places do have local laws against complete idiocy though.
California takes a hard line against hoons who get caught doing dangerous things. As much as the car being impounded and crushed, especially if it is illegal modification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ
>>
You aussies are beyond fucked with your laws.

Your police literally get to be judge, jury and executioner before it even gets to trial.
Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?
Why the fuck are you such cucks you all rolled over and accepted it?
>>
>>14086181
You saying your speeding fines work any different?
It's only traffic offences that are like that
>>
>>14086280
England did it
Australia followed
They never got cool enough to rebel like the Americans did.
>>
You think you're already mad about ausfail's hoon laws?

http://www.baka.com.au//breaking-news-national/im-still-a-victim-lamborghini-owner-says-20101118-17ym8.html

Read this one and start frothing at the mouth.
>>
>>14086288
Speeding fines don't result in your car being impounded or shit like that.
You can also get out on a multitude of technicalities (like the cop not showing up to court) because they have to prove you guilty not the other way around.
>>
Ausfag here
When I first got my green PSs I took my friends to a known hoon spot (also a known spot for teaching learner drivers). There was a police ute already there though so we just drove up, parked up for like 2 minutes as if that's what we were planning on doing then decided to fuck off so it's not too obvious leaving as soon as we see the cop car.

Well it was an ex taxi with a touchy throttle for some reason... and of course retread tyres. I lost traction by accident as I went to leave.

Cunts actually chased me down the driveway leading to the golf course and stop me accusing me of doing a burnout. I was polite enough. At some stage I just asked how long this was going to take because some of my mates (we were young at the time) were quite scared and I felt for them. This was the only thing I said that she didn't like. Yes she, with three other police with her.

..Anyways... after a few days my parents got a call from them about me having too much attitude behind the wheel. Some of these coppers actually believe what they're saying. Like they really think you're being a hoon. Fucking wow
>>
>>14086347
Worldwide police work attracts to people with sociopathic tendencies. Yes they believe what they are saying.

People who were ex-police working in other industries are among the worst to deal with.
>>
>>14085408
I smile and speak politely, hand over my license as soon as they approach the window and don't drive like a jerk.

That way you can get away with spoons picks and an ODing bitch all over the backseat without a hitch
>>
>>14086347
Full license driver here, i don't think it's fair how they target you guys. Not all of you are douches.

What also makes me believe this entire system is bullshit is the power restrictions.

I know a girl on her learners driving a car with 400kw on low boost and she has zero problems keeping it under control.

If a fucking learner can do it, why is it such a big deal for a p plater? These powerful cars also have better electronics and more powerful brakes.

I would rather the p plater be driving a modern car than an old shitbox that is dangerous, because let's be honest.....no matter what they drive, if they want to hoon they will hoon.

You can still get shitboxes to 200km/h for fuck's sake.

Anyway, i've been off my p's for years now so it dosen't affect me, but i can't say i don't feel for you guys. I know a few dumb p platers who would do burnouts infront of cops, but for every 1 i know i know 10 who are smart enough to hoon out in the woods and drive normally in the city and they still get harrassed.
>>
>>14086377
Here in central Ohio, they call for backup on every pull over. Before they even get to your window and tell you what you did wrong there's 3 cop cars and 4 officers surrounding you peeking into every window with flashlights. I see it all the fucking time on 23 because I deliver pizza in that area.
>>
>>14086195
In the US traffic law is set by the individual state governments. The rules are almost entirely standard from one state to another, but punishment varies dramatically from state to state.

Generally speaking 10mph (15kph) over it gets serious and 20 mph (30kph) over is where the real pain starts, with fines getting into the $200+ range in my state.

But that's just straight speeding. There are subjective offenses that the cop can charge you with on top of the speeding ticket, like reckless driving. In my state that's a $5000 fine and minimum 30 day license suspension. There's also "Reckless Endangerment", which is like reckless driving but around pedestrians "Failure to Maintain Control" and other similar subjective ones... but reckless driving is the big momma that people get written up for frequently.

Still, it's "innocent until proven guilty." Say you're massively speeding and you get written up for 30-over plus reckless driving. The cop writes you the ticket with a 4-digit fine, and you take it, drive home, and have a couple weeks to either pay it or take it to court. Say you accept the ticket or lose at court, and get your license suspended for 30 days (if it's your first offense).

Now you're driving with a suspended license. Now they can impound your car.
They can also impound for DUI, and any traffic offense bad enough to arrest you on the spot (which would be something like vehicular manslaughter or reckless endangerment, which are felonys).
>>
>>14086469
See that's fair.

Here, you just lose your car straight away.

And even if you were not speeding above 30km/h, they can just lie and call you a hoon if they don't like you and there's nothing you can do.

People here will say "don't break the law" or "just be polite" but what they fail to realise is, most people here are not nigs chimping out and they perfectly understand to be nice and these offenses are accidental speeding of like 3km above. They're not criminals.

But the police here are heavily corrupt (something people can't fathom) and like to get their bribes.

It's all cause of the laws. Because there's no accountability, of course the cops became corrupt. I don't blame them, it's human nature.

Whoever wrote our fucktarded hoon laws runs purely on emotion and no logic and has made the situation far worse. Hoons just get in a shitbox and hoon anyway, they don't fucking care.
>>
>>14086469
I was 16 and stupid once
>finish exam
>drive home joyful on a back road
>65 in a 45
>Windows and roof open
>suddenly see cop walk out
>fuck me
>get ticket
>choose traffic school + ticket cost
>adjudication withheld aka not guilty but committed
>no points, no insurance hike
>never sped again
>>
>>14086532
My worst traffic ticket was 65 in a 35. I was passing a slow car on a 2-lane in a very short passing zone, and the cop hit me with a radar gun at exactly the point where my speed peaked. I did the "mitigation" option (guilty plea but with extenuating circumstances) and the judge knocked the fine down to around $250.

My highest fine was when I left my wallet at home. Got hit with "too fast for conditions," driving without a license, and no proof of insurance. The fines combined to $770, but I showed my drivers license and insurance in court, the judge reduced the too fast for conditions fine to $45 and threw out the other two charges.
>>
>>14085839
welcome to the united states police state system.
>>
>>14086394
614 here. sometimes i see that, but i never really get pulled over. more then 1 car is normal though. the cops are really wary of shootings, goddamned columbus.
>>
Christ. Glad I live in the south where usually its not too bad, there arent even laws on mufflers last I checked.

But goddamn, they will fuck yoh no matter what. There is really a weird disconnect with the GO FAST YEAH YEAH HORSEPOWER WE HAVE A RACING TEAM in advertising and enthusiast sites and the way the roads actually are. If you speed around here it can be a 300+ dollar fine, no questions, the cop doesnt even have to show up. you just get in line and pay the ticket after a judge says 'dont speed, son'. Most of the time this happens if you simply try to keep up with average traffic and happen to get picked off.

You cant even park where you want these days. Good luck sleeping in your car on a roadtrip. Its really a game of not getting caught than having real options besides truck stops.

Might as well pick up competitive hypermiling or something to be my outlett. Keeps you below speed, but gives you a number to look at when not on a track. Inb4 a cop gets you for illegal mdification after you tape over your seams and wheel wells for better aero.
>>
>>14085551
>NC
That must be recent. I remember in driver's ed (2000 in NC) talking about this configuration and how it was explicitly allowed.
>>
Feels good living in Germany.
Whenever a cop treats me badly for no reason, I file a complaint against him at the department.
I know it'll get thrown out, but:
>the department is forced by law to "investigate" it.
>while the investigation is under way, the cop is barred from promotion and raises.
>every complaint stays on file for a certain time.
>it all adds to their workload.

So even if no cop ever gets punished, the departments are still interested in keeping the number of complaints down.
>>
>>14086171
ive been reading a few fear fear mongering posts lately. i was thinking about them in todays rain, i was losing traction on so many pulloffs on accident causing a little skid.
such bullshit that i couldve lost my license or had to pay hundreds if some cop who was a cunt saw.
>>
>DD 06' mazda3
>Don't really get much cop attention, a few breath tests here and there but that's it
>Ride my supersport motorcycle
>Police actively ignore me
>Got told to "make it look like you're blowing" for a breath test rather than take my helmet off
>Cop flew by me as I was doing about 25 over to catch somebody in a car doing less than 15 over
>Lanesplitting isn't legal here
>Split up to undercover cop
>Rolls his window down, I see uniform and shit bricks
>Asks me about my bike and how I liked it because he was considering one for his next bike

I don't know just get good I guess lol.
>>
>>14085439
This.
Being poor is a cop magnet.
>>
>>14085728
They do not keep record of a verbal warning stop. However,if given a written warning, it stays in their system for a month or two and if you get pulled over again for something similar, you're almost guaranteed a ticket. If you don't get pulled over again in that 1-2 month period it cycles out of their system
>>
>>14085408
sounds like your spending to much time in a shitty neighborhood. goto a different store a few blocks away where the police aren't surveilling dopers
>>
>driving to work around 7am through a council estate
>doing 5mph over the limit
>rozzer in the middle of the road signals me to pull over
>waving his arms about like a madman
>what the fuck is going on
>about 50 cows casually stroll past on a main road

such is life in yorkshire
>>
I've only been pulled over twice. Once was from a speedtrap at a new "community zone" where it dipped from 70 to 50 without any "new" signs etc. Didn't notice that they changed them to 50.

The other was for no apparent reason.
>driving home late one night, 2000 Chrysler Cirrus stock
>going about 54 in a 50 zone
>lights of an SUV had been behind me for a while
>suddenly the lights get bigger
>a lot bigger
>Jesus Christ this guy is about to ram me
>tailgates a bit, then shows the blue and reds when I turn onto my side street

Turns out he ran my plates and was curious as to why a car registered out of the area (different town, about 2 hours away) was here.. Said, and I quote:
"These types of cars get stolen a lot.. It's not reported stolen, but we like to check anyways."

>2000 cirrus
>stolen a lot
>in 2013

Ohgodwhat? Can't tell if it was a lie or not.. But I have to assume not. My insurance papers were out of date (had insurance, just my paperwork was from the year before), was speeding here and there I'm sure, but no ticket.
>>
>>14085408
>How do you deal with cops who pull you over for no fucking reason?
Treat them decently, don't be a prick, respond respectfully to requests for licensing etc.

I never have a reason to be stopped, usually it's just a random stop-check and the copper is probably as bored as I am and knows it's as pointless as I know it to be.

Quite often I just bro it up with them and we chat. Then they send me off on my merry way, and they go on their merry way. Antagonizing the cop makes life hell for the next person he deals with, who might just be another randomer like me.
>>
>>14086381
They believe that P-platers are more likely to hoon because "teenagers take unnecessary risks". Thus the restrictions.

It is a crock of shit imho, you can kill yourself in a 50kW car in the same way you could in a 250kW car. The lack of power wont stop idiots from being idiots.
>>
>>14090021
Teenagers do take unnecessary risks though. It's obvious just from watching p-platers drive around in traffic.

I crashed like 4 or 5 cars before I finally grew up and chilled the fuck out
>>
>>14090039
They do take risks, but the majority of P-platers also have common sense
>>
>>14090084
>the majority of P-platers also have common sense
full kek. This they most certainly do not.
It's all emotions pretty much
>>
>>14090039
>projecting your failures onto others
>>
Dunno if op is still watching but... I didnt really see this voiced inthe thread.

The reason (or,imho, a likely reason) you are getting harassed op is YOU.

Your actions. Everything you give the cop tells him you're guilty until he finds out you aren't.

Imagine this:
>be cop,watching for traffic violationa
>see mazda hatch lining up for a right
>see him see you, alter course, throw on a left turn signal, nopethefuck outta threre.

What are you gonna do, you're gonna go out on a limb, white boy's tweakin and has a bunch of coke in the trunk and go look for it.

You are reacting to that, esp in a way that shows fear. They recognize and see this and pounce, but it turns out you're just a bitch. If you aren't doing anything wrong that they care about, a cop is your best buddy. Or at least a handy neutral.

Stop avoiding them, letting them see you avoid them, altering course in predictable ways multiple times to avoid them, and turn and drive fucking right at them.

Also, if you are speeding and see an oncoming cop, act perfectly relaxed. They watch ypu, not what you do.

That would be doing their job, amirite?
>>
I've only been pulled over once. But I thought it was pretty harsh for what happened.

>heading to work
>stop at intersection
>forgot there is a no right on red 7am-10am
>turn right
>cop that has recently passed intersection hears me and does a u-turn
>races up behind me and pulls me over
>$165 and 3 points for turning right

There wasnt even any cross traffic. All lights were red except for my roads left turn.
>>
>>14086394
>Before they even get to your window and tell you what you did wrong there's 3 cop cars and 4 officers surrounding you peeking into every window with flashlights.

even though it is a massive waste of resources it is probably due to cases like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-ycSkoYfc

from the police perspective they can't tell if a car is being driven by a college age fuckboi or a crazy 'nam vet who hates the police and has a semi-auto rifle in his footwell
>>
>>14091839
Damn that's fucked up. The officer sounded like he was a total newbie, or maybe modern training has gotten a lot more aggressive. The officer seems like he genuinely didn't want to hurt the guy.
>>
>>14085864

Phoenix bro here, I live in this same area. The only time ive been harassed around here was when I was blocked in a parking space so I drove over both cement stoppers and a rock garden curb to the the fuck out of my parking spot. Fuck In and Out parking getting trapped by faggots in the drive through line.

Cop was at least cool about it.

"I knew you were going to do that my partner owes me a 5ver now"

Showed papers, asked me a few dumb questions and sent mevon my way.

White
30s
Full beard
Was new 2014 f250 4x4 diesel

You probably just looked suspicious driving around like a gomp. And in that area a clean mazda is a shitbox.
>>
File: 20150709_173438.jpg (1014 KB, 2397x1757) Image search: [Google]
20150709_173438.jpg
1014 KB, 2397x1757
I was only ever pulled over once so far in my life. Relative sent me on a bullshit ATM run at like 11, I was annoyed, on the way back I popped 53 in a 35, cop pulled me over as I was leaving a stop sign. At that time, my driver window didn't work, it was stuck at an inch down, I asked him if I could open the door because my window was broken, he said yeah.

I suppose it doesn't really fit with the thread, because the guy was super chill, told me to slow down and chill out (his words), let me go since I lived just a mile away. Honestly, what I tell anyone who asks, is that the cops in Vegas will be really fair to you, and unless you piss them off or are rude, they'll be inclined to let you off with a warning.

I try to respect cops, and I think they mostly leave me alone with my shitbox supreme.
>>
>>14088945
This is so immensely british, but I don't have the IT'S SIX O'BONG image. Anyone else got it?
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.