[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ I was convinced the Fiesta ST was the car I wanted, but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: serveimage.jpg (148 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
148 KB, 1280x800
/o/ I was convinced the Fiesta ST was the car I wanted, but I went for a test drive today and am left unsure. I know the direct competitors as far as "hot hatches" - Golf GTI and Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Are they worth test driving or should I look in another segment? I want small, enough fun and <$24,000

Will take used suggestions too, G37 or 370z seem possible.
>>
don't waste your time with the veloster
>>
Veloster tarbo is pretty meh, looks sporty but it really isn't. If you're okay with a Korean car, try to find a 2013+ V6 Genesis Coupe.
Other than that, the obvious suggestions like Golf GTI, 370Z/G37, maybe a WRX/STI or Mustang/Camaro come to mind.
>>
>>14084990
>Fiesta ST
>Hyundai
lol shill wars.
>>
Seems your looking for the same cars I'm considering: cost effective coupes/hot-hatches.

Have you considered getting an older BMW 1/3 series, like 2004-2008 or so? Same price as a new FiST roughly.
>>
>>14084997
General consensus. Sucks that FiST is in such a class of its own. If only Mini/FIAT didn't look so gay/weren't so expensive.

>>14084997
Yes WRX and Mustang were on my mind as well. Thanks.
>>
File: compare.jpg (87 KB, 630x834) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
87 KB, 630x834
>>14085036
Last I heard they couldn't give Fiat's away, lots of incentives of those.

>>14084990
I own a Fiesta ST and think it's da best. Stock it's a little sleepy, but you can wait it up without a terrible amount of modification. Attached is a lol benchracers comparison I ran (the veloster was so slow literally not even comparable).

If you have any questions about the Fiesta, I'm happy to answer them.
>>
>>14084990
The Veloster is a turd. Avoid.

If you want to consider a Korean hot hatch, look at the Kia Forte5 SX Turbo. Same chassis, same engine, better built quality and more practical.

Also, G37 coupe is a good idea.
>>
>>14087219

This desu.
>>
>>14087169
It's such a shame you guys don't get the Mountune pack. pushes it up to, like, 217bhp for £500, and doesn't affect the warranty.
>>
>>14087533
we have the option to get it, but there aren't many warranty issues on these cars (that i've seen at least) to make it a big deal.

I'm pushing 220whp/270tq in mine. :)
>>
>>14084990
Oh gods.

No, not the Veloster. The Focus ST is more the GTI's competition. WRX is in the mix too if you don't need a hatch.

Mazda3 isn't overtly sporty, but feels more sporty than some of the cars you're talking about.
>>
I have a '15 GTI. Love it. Great interior and moddable if youre in to that. i got a piggyback tune box and see 275 hp/305 tq
>>
>>14090367
GTI's are just so expensive. You can get a 370z for the price of one
>>
>>14090437
Yeah, you've definitely got cheaper options. I went with the GTI because they gave me the best value for my trade-in and it worked out. I was also considering a WRX or Genesis Coupe at the time. 1.8 Genesis that was available wasn't impressive, and WRX was just meh in general. Shit interior, felt small inside
>>
>>14084990

Hyundai tech here

Veloster a shit.

Turbo Veloster slightly less a shit.

Both get beat out by base model Elantras.
>>
>>14084990
>Hyundai Veloster Turbo
LOL
naw dawg, look at the Focus, the GTI, and... well, that's about it. Maybe a V6/base ecoboost mustang?
2015 camaros are balls cheap right now too. saw a V6 on autotrader, new, for under 18.
>>
>>14084990
Veloster looks the coolest.

The others look boring.
>>
>>14091122
This
Saw a veloster on the street
That fucking back end
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.