[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
selling my car but no interest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 00505_ki50hgWSQsg_600x450.jpg (35 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
00505_ki50hgWSQsg_600x450.jpg
35 KB, 600x337
I'm selling off my car and i think i have it at a relatively low price for its condition, but I've only gotten one email (who never responded back) and absolutely no other interest in 15 days its been up

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5347378888.html

how can i improve my listing?
>>
>>14084222
Have you tried more than just craigslist?

>automatic bmw

thats probably the problem.
>>
>>14084222

>The Bad
automatic underpowered wagon

e350 or cts-v I understand but not the 328
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 640x1136
>>14084222
$2k too high plus it's a wagon so normie kids aint gonna bite.

>>14084242
I was gonna say this. AutoTrader or something similar, or a bigger market nearby on CL if possible. But similar cars in my area are going for $7000-$8500 on the CL.
>>
>i have 10grand and i need to buy a good car
>i know, i'll buy a bmw shitbox that's had more than 2 owners. i'm so smart
>>
>>14084273
i'm in the northeast where anything with awd has a premium and sells quick (usually) this time of year as people prep for winter

i might get more interest once snow actually starts to fall
>>
needs a polish and a wax, id wax the wheels too.
needs tire trim to make them shine
dont take pictures with the wheels turned unless its a low profile shot looking at the wheel not the tire and you cant see inside the wheel well
use a better camera and pick your angles better

other than that idk its hard to sell normie mobiles like this.
>>
>>14084222
>*ONE key
What. Do not all cars come with 2 keys + valet key?
>>
>I'm selling the car because the insurance costs are too high since i was newly licensed at 24
>24

No offence but that's probably going to scare off some older buyers.
>kids are associated with beating on cars and not doing maintenance
That's also a pretty long laundry list of small annoying problems.
>>
Honestly, your payment info and self finance info is what's scaring people off. It sounds like a hassle... Look at your ad again and reduce the number of negatives and save that info for when someone is there face to face...
>>
>>14084313
Maybe. It might just take awhile because of what it is. Plus the wagon factor, you can ask a little higher because they are hard to find but not many people want one.

Also that is more of a "Used Car Dealer" car and pricing than Craigslist. If it had 50k more miles on it and was $6k, it would belong on CL. People want shitboxes or more rare cars on CL. $10k BMW 3-Series belongs at CarMax or some Mexican lot. And even then they could finance something nicer or newer than an 8 year old BMW with 100k+ miles. The AWD is nice, but with cheap gas people might as well buy an SUV for the snow if they really need it. I think you need to be asking $8k if you want to move the thing.

Tl; dr: I don't know many people willing to pay $10k+ for an 8 year old (base model) BMW with over 100k miles.
>>
>>14084416
>>14084427
Goddamn, I didn't even read all of that before posting this >>14084451

Nigga that's a $6800 BMW

Leave out all that "Pinhole in light" and "front bumper scrape" shit and just say "Body & Paint- 8/10"
>>
Too many miles for that price.
>>
>>14084482
or stop being a faggot and get an un cracked tail light.
>less than $100 at a yard
>>
>>14084482
People like you are why CL is a fucked up place to buy cars. Personally, I'd rather have someone give me the details so we both don't waste each other's time.

I email sellers a long survey to fill out before I see the car anyway. 80% of the time they can't answer simple questions like what the mileage was when the oil was last changed. And you can bet your bottom dollar that those people will put "engine 9/10" on their fucking posts.

Fuck you.
>>
>>14084222
just curious, how the fuck does a pinhole get in a taillight?
>>
>>14084821

Maybe a really tiny rock.
>>
>>14084222
Take more pictures you dumpass
>>
>>14085024
there's a shitload in the photobucket link
>>
>>14084821
wish i knew, a particularly large rock might have been thrown up by a passing truck and hit it there

>>14084482
i might do that, i'm not a fan of leaving out details on a listing but i kinda need to sell this thing
>>
>>14084222
Shit's too long homie. Don't use sentences. Bullet points. You're not trynna fuck the buyer, you don't need to try and impress them with small talk.
>>
File: 5388-old-man-laughing.png (242 KB, 415x295) Image search: [Google]
5388-old-man-laughing.png
242 KB, 415x295
>over $10 grand for a 6 cylinder

Le tip hat to you supreme gentleman.
>>
>TPMS is problematic difficult to fix
>Right rear window acts up
>The tint on the driver's front window scarred
>Damage to the bottom of the front bumper
>Damage in passenger side tail light
>Weeping around the oil filter housing gasket
>Shimmy in the front end around 60mph
>Paint damage under rear left door handle
>Split in the bottom center of the front bumper
>Only one key
>Financed
>Spent most of its life in Vermont's SALT
>Over 100k miles
This car is worth $4,500 tops.
>>
>too expensive
>not a single pic showing the rear, looks like you're hiding something there. No one checks the "additional pics".
>too nitpicky on the negatives. reduce list by two thirds.
>that financing stuff is meant to be honest and straight-forward, but skimming through the ad, it gives off a scammy vibe. payment details are discussed after someone wants to buy
>tl/dr all over the ad
>>
>>14087637
this desu senpai
>>
alright, I've added a lot more pictures to the listing.

I'll trim down the negatives and omit the part about being financed since really it just means me and the buyer will need to mediate the transaction at my credit union, it's an extra hour of work maybe, not really worth mentioning.
>>
>>14087704
What did you lower the price to?
>>
>>14087718
it was 11,000, lowered it to 10,5
>>
>>14084222
are you the same anon that made a thread when he just bought this car a year or so ago?
>>
>>14085367
completely irrelevant
>>
>>14084222
As much as I like what you're doing, you're too honest.
Gotta adapt to the market. Buyers are going to read your ad with a list of shit that's broke, then read the next ad with "engine 9/10, body 8/10", assume it has no issues and call there.

By the way, I recently bought a $2k shitbox that's in better shape than your BMW with fewer miles.
>>
Simplify your sentences. Be straight to the point. We don't need filler. "IMMUNE" lol. Fuck that word. Get rid of it. No shit low bmw is immune to getting stuck. Even x drive.

Take out your age. That scares people. Take out why you're selling it. You can discuss that with people in person when looking over the car. State you're willing to negotiate over the front bumper scrapes, bad tail light and missing key so you should really get quotes on all those so you know what's reasonable to deduct off the price.

polish it. Or pay a shop to. It like looks like ass.

But mostly it looks like a decent well written up ad. You're clearly not a retarded person.

Advertise it where women go. Like nurseries or hospitals for nurses. Put it on Facebook even. You'd be surprised how many people do their purchasing on there and they can easily share your ad.

Oh and reduce price. If it's not getting any hits then it's price. It's price. So lower price. It's kind of girly car so lower price. Lower the price ok. Lower it.
>>
>>14087795
Or find your local Dutch or German club. Advertise it there.

That car has an old man colour combination. I see an old German man in his 50s liking that. And they're always hauling loads of sausege.

Give them a bit of a deal.
>>
>>14084222
>50 state legal
>pinhole in tail light

Nigger, what the fuck are you even saying. That shit fails state inspection immediately.
>>
>>14087899
it's been through two inspections just fine
>>
>>14084560
Care to share that survey?
>>
>>14087903
Then the inspector didn't look hard enough. It fails for that.

Also,
>tires flat spotted
>shimmy in steering wheel
>it's a non-issue

How cavernous is your asshole to believe that crock of shit?

Too many small annoying things to even consider paying 10 grand for that. Your car sounds like a shit heap, to be honest.
>>
>>14088393
its a common issue with the wrg-3s. i only notice it because i drive maybe thirty seconds before getting on the highway on my way home from work, if it was a longer drive at lower speeds the tires would be warm before getting on the highway
>>
>>14087724
>11,000, lowered it to 10,5
That should get your phone vibrating aggressively.
>>
>>14088432
Common issue =/= non issue

It's needs tires, it needs a tail light, needs a front bumper, tpms doesn't work. Has an oil leak.

All that wouldn't be do bad, except it screams the exact opposite of your claim that it was well maintained, when you try to play off all the problems as "non issues".

The real kicker is that shit on top of the 100K+ miles. Holy shit, nobody is paying that much for a high mileage BMW with a few "non issues".
>>
>>14088534
>needs tires
That's assuming that there isn't something more seriously wrong with the front end.
>>
>>14087726
He goes by googlecarfag sometimes and just got an E39 which is why he is selling this.

>>14084222
>i think i have it at a relatively low price for its condition

That's where you're mistaken. There's a lot of shit wrong with your car and BMWs are known for being expensive to fix which will be a huge deterrent in your sale. Also, wagons are generally less desirable as well.

Here's a sedan, dealer maintained, with the same mileage going for $9.9k.
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5350519783.html

Here's a pretty much perfect, one owner wagon with half the mileage for $13k.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5361514513.html
>>
>>14089010
>http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5361514513.html
That's got a salvage title.
>>
>>14089028
Sorry, I linked the wrong car.

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/5365801431.html
>>
Spray some tire shine on that bitch you fucking retard. It'll make it pop like ur sister's pussy
>>
>>14089089
Wouldn't hurt to restore the headlights and wax it too. Fucking idiot
>>
>hey guys I'm selling my fucking piece of shit base model bmw
>it Hass all this shit wrong with it
>but it's been well maintained, I swear!
>it has more mileage than 20 dollar hooker
>PRICE DROP, IT'S ONLY 10.5K FOR THIS HUNK OF SHIT NOW

Gee I wonder why nobody wants it.
>>
>>14089144
Don't forget its a wagon
>>
>BMW
>Out of warranty
>For more than 10k

found your problem

>>14089165
But its awd
>>
the bmw hate is strong in this thread
>>
>>14084222
Your pictures aren't terribly flattering, and I'd suspect you're asking a bit too much.
>>
>>14089181
BMWs are crap
>>
>>14089195
>newer BMWs are crap

FTFY.
>>
>>14089198
thats fair, ill go with that

anything after like '02 is just overpriced, ugly, fat normie bait
>>
>>14089177
So it's even fatter, slower, and worse handling...

Excellent
>>
>>14084222
You gotta lower that price. People do to craigslist for cheap cars not reliable cars.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.