[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Identifying with one's vehicle is a symptom of a weak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: V8POWA.jpg (687 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
V8POWA.jpg
687 KB, 1920x1080
"Identifying with one's vehicle is a symptom of a weak ego. A mature, safe driver knows that the motor vehicle is a machine, not an extension of your identity or a symbol of your self-worth."

Fuck you, Traffic School Online Dot Com.
>>
File: topwat.png (179 KB, 779x482) Image search: [Google]
topwat.png
179 KB, 779x482
kek
>>
This offends me as an autosexual
>>
File: 143913822752.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
143913822752.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>14079911
>tfw you dont have skid brakes
>>
My car and I are one, dammit ;.;
>>
>>14079911
LOL

Does anyone actually believe this shit? If you're taking a corner hard and begin to feel yourself losing control, braking is the WORST thing to do.

You need to downshift, point the wheels where you want to go and smash the gas.

It's called powering through and it's actually far safer than trying to brake as you're sliding.
>>
File: 1438158659687.png (34 KB, 852x674) Image search: [Google]
1438158659687.png
34 KB, 852x674
>>14079901
>having an ego
>>
>>14079901
The expanded wording is fairly correct, not necessarily a symbol of self worth (status fags) or an extension of your identity (stancefags).
Not the same as treating the car as an extension of your arms and legs.
>>
>>14079922
is this bait
>>
>>14079922

Most cars are set up to understeer, so braking to give the front wheels some grip is thr correct procedure.
>>
>>14079929
It's like when people say that their significant other completes them.

My car completes me
>>
>>14079931
>>14079935

no he's right. (even more so in a racing setting)

say it's a wet corner and you go to brake, it's going to lock up the wheels and make it even harder to control. The front wheels will lock up harder than the back, while you're sliding on the wet and you will keep going.

It's bait to suggest to brake, as it will literally make you spin your car around and potentially crash it.

Powering through is always the answer if you're taking it at medium speed or crazy speeds, anything but and you're FUCKED.

You can brake if you're going like a grandma and took the corner very slow, in which case you're not really turning that hard so it does not matter.

But go ahead, try and take a corner hard and brake in the wet and see what happens if you don't believe me.

And after you spin out, try just powering through and pointing wheels straight (remember the wheels must be straight, not the car) and come back and thank us.
>>
>>14079950
Well, I applaud you for actually creatively trolling and not just shitposting
>>
>>14079935
only if you're going lower than the advised speed m8, in which case it's not even a problem.

My advice was for anyone actually taking a corner, in which case your advice could get them killed.

My first crash was due to making this rookie mistake that braking is always best, it's not true.

If you try and brake in the apex of a turn you're taking hard, it's almost always going to be too little too late. You have to ride the wave out, so to speak.
>>
>>14079956
He's not shitposting at all.

http://www.drivingfast.net/techniques/track-corner.htm

Read this. There's a point before the corner begins where it's safe to brake. Once you pass that point, it's not safe to brake and you should have done it before. You have to put more power down to force yourself forward (and skid a little) or spin out of control.

Read my link and educate yourself a little. This applies to any corner taken fast, not just on the track.
>>
>>14079963
Good link mate, it sums up what i was trying to say.

>Apply the brakes hard at your pre-determined braking point using the threshold braking technique. Due to the forward weight transfers, there is a possibility that you may lock up one or more wheels (or activate ABS), but as you're traveling in a straight line this will not necessarily cause any detrimental effects. Ensure that you have come off the brakes, or reduced braking to a minimum before you turn in.

Anyone telling people to lock up their wheels during a turn is actually shitposting dangerously.

Top kek, if you cunts wanna go for it, go for it.
>>
I want to punch whoever wrote that.
>>
>>14079963
I think I misread his post, although the term "skid" combined with the picture has brought about some confusion.

Also that picture was for normal driving, so we weren't talking about racing.
>>
>>14079974
Whoever wrote that braking shit is fucking retarded.

They're going to get people killed telling them to attempt trail braking and furthermore, they're not even correctly explaining about the apex of a corner.

Listen, if you're not a seasoned driver and don't have a basic understanding of racing techniques, don't ever try and brake while turning.

The front wheels will almost always lock up harder than the rear and cause you to slide out.

The bloke saying to keep accelerating is 100% right, if you're in doubt and have taken a corner too hard, just point those wheels where you want to go and lightly keep on the accelerator.
>>
>>14079973
You brake up to the apex when racing l, that counts as during the turn you knob. However, that is an advisory image for commuters, who may experience understeer in snow/rain, and they would want to press on their brakes a bit.
>>
>>14079981
WHY THR FUCK DID THIS SHIFT TO RACING WHEN IT'S A COMMUTING PICTURE FOR FUCKS SAKE
ALSO IS THE FIRST HALF OF THR CORNER APPARENTLY NOT THE CORNER
>>
File: Untitled2121.png (1 MB, 813x945) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2121.png
1 MB, 813x945
>there are people who dont brake throughout the entire corner
top kek plebs
>>
>>14079980
It's still dangerous for normal driving.

Braking while turning can spin you out if you're even doing the limit, let alone above the advised corner speed.

I'm assuming that image is for regular commuters in rain or whatever, which actually makes it more dangerous.

What's going to happen is a soccer mom in her suv (seriously, why do all moms these days go for it, it's some littledick syndrome or something) is going to take a corner hard like they always do, lock up her brakes and spin the fuck out of control.

>>14079987
Because it's a racing technique that can get you out of trouble when regular driving. Furthermore, telling someone to lock their brakes on a corner is just dumb.

You should never slam on the brakes in a corner, you can just step off the gas completely if you've taken it a bit too hard and if you feel it giving, accelerating some more will actually save you before you skid.

>>14079991
The reason he's saying to accelerate is because ironically, it's actually easier.
Your typical soccer mom does not know how to trail brake properly.
>>
>>14079911
I think they meant to be talking about lulocking up the brakes, the cars wheels are straight. So the it's just the standard press the pedal if you have ABS, pump if you're a normie and don', or threshold brake if you're an experienced /o/tist.
>>
>>14080000
If you're understeerin and apply the throttle though, you'll just be worse off. Better to start it oversteering by braking a bit and then power through
>>
>>14080007
As a normie, the ideal thing to do is brake before the apex of the corner.

If you have a modern car with ABS and assorted systems, sometimes you can get away with braking, still not a good idea as these systems are not invincible if you've taken a corner too hard in the wet.

If you feel it giving way, braking further is the wrong thing to do, you need to power through it and resume control.

Now if you're racing, you can do many different things including trail braking, powerslides, ect...

No matter what situation though, putting full lock on your wheels then fully locking brakes is a terrible fucking idea. Especially in the wet/snow.

Just slowly let off the gas through the corner if you're nervous and focus on steering, be ready to punch it if you begin to feel yourself losing control.
>>
>>14080026
Getting all braking done before the apex ia good to do period, the apex is the transition point from slowing down to speeding up.
>>
File: cantintostraight.jpg (22 KB, 480x268) Image search: [Google]
cantintostraight.jpg
22 KB, 480x268
normal driving situations in the wet when a shit drivers starts to slide they will most likely just be going around a corner at a low speed. in that situation its best for them to just lightly apply to brakes and straighten up.
we all know what happens when americans try to control a skid with just the accelerator and steering wheel.
>>
>>14080034
Old fucks can't drive for shit regardless of nationality (with exceptions of course).
>>
If you're in a skid and try to power through it, won't that just lesson the traction on the drive wheels even more and make you skid harder? I could see it working on an AWD car, but FWD, and especially RWD, it seems like a disaster.

But yeah, braking during a skid is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>14080000
>seriously, why do all moms these days go for it, it's some littledick syndrome or something
Having spoken to women about their choices in vehicles, the top two reasons by a wide margin are "so they can fit lots of stuff in" and because they "like to see over the top of traffic".
>>
>>14079911
The worst part is some people will actually believe this and end up totalling 2 cars in a month.
>>
>>14079911
what?
>>
[citation needed]
>>
>>14079963

I agree with you in principle, but
>wat iz trail braking?????
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.