[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been told this section is helpful, and not full of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: cl600.jpg (52 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
cl600.jpg
52 KB, 640x426
I've been told this section is helpful, and not full of edgy /b/fags so im interested to see if thats true. I've also been told its full of ricers so pls no ricer advice

Anyways, my dad loves the Mercedes Cl600 (pic related) but hes put about 200k miles on it and is looking for something new. Unfortunately they stopped making new CL600s.

He really likes mercedes and likes the amount of window the CL600 provides, along with the no column between the windows. The CL was replaced with S coupe so we sat in the S coupe and the window is so small and high up we agreed its claustrophobic

I recommended the gt-s (a little bias lol) but again, the windows are just so small compared to the CL, which he loves.

He would have bought the S coupe if it had the CL windows, but it doesnt, and now he has no idea what to buy.

help pls?
>>
>>14078267
>Come to /o/
>Told we are serious
>Expect serious response

Topkek m8 Lurk Moar and come back later, ya?
>>
>>14078276
Fuck. ok peace
>>
twin turbo dodge stratus is what your dad wants
>>
>>14078267
Unfortunately it's the current design trend to have tiny shit windows and taller hoods.
>>
File: hammer.jpg (149 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
149 KB, 960x720
>>14078267
Yep, big windows are on the way out with new safety regulations. I know your pain, I own a w215 CL600 and I love the pillarless look. Why not get a 2013 CL600 or maybe a CL65 with less miles? If it isn't broken don't fix it.
>>
>>14078267
Is that a Roush?
>>
Buy a convertible obviously.
They don't have B pillars.
>>
Well, if he HAS to have the window thing, here are his options (for buying new):

S-Class Coupe
AMG GT S
Or a roadster/convertible (E400 or something)

Sadly, like >>14078295 said, the current design trend is big cars with tiny windows that are high off the ground, which leaves you with few choices. You could also go with >>14078306
>>
the gt s is one of the sexiest cars ive ever seen
>tfw not rich
FUCK
>>
>>14078267
also my friend, wait til the 2016 E-Class coupe comes out. It'll be your best hope for high-visibility pillarless design.
>>
>>14078335
Hmm, that's interesting. Will the new S class or SL class have that same high visibility and pillarless design?

He doesnt really like E class:/
>>
The S class coupe is the new CL. mercedes is re-doing it's naming scheme.

The S63 has more torque in the lower rev range. it doesn't have the sound or prestige of the V12, but it's still a damn good car. the premium for the S65 just doesn't seem worth it.

It also has hands down the best interior you can buy today.
>>
File: 2015-S-CLASS-COUPE-CH06-D.jpg (164 KB, 1440x600) Image search: [Google]
2015-S-CLASS-COUPE-CH06-D.jpg
164 KB, 1440x600
>>14078371
forgot pic
>>
>>14078267
This entire website is filled with edgelord homos. And you're the butt of the joke because you take what people say here seriously.
Fag
>>
>>14078348
the new 2017 SL-class is just a facelift - it will have the same window dimensions as the current model. I will agree, the E-class is pleb tier. The SL, as a convertible, technically offers pillarless design, but as you can see the rear window is much smaller in comparison. The S-Coupe is, as said above, the CL-class' replacement. High belt lines are in, visibility is out. It's just our styling trend.
>>
>>14078407
alright, thanks for the help man
>>
File: Mercedes-Benz-Concept-Car-[1].jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes-Benz-Concept-Car-[1].jpg
27 KB, 640x480
WHERE WE'RE GOING, WE DON'T NEED WINDOWS
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.