[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this trigger /o/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: 6975950-nissan-gtr-r35-1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6975950-nissan-gtr-r35-1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Take the retarded fanbase out of the equation for a second (We all know they can't afford one anyway and all they are is bench racers) and answer why you would not appreciate this?

From a technological standpoint it's fucking brilliant, for a price/performance standpoint it's outdone itself and it's the next step in a long and awesome history.

There's really nothing to hate on, it's good at what it sets out to do and if you get rustled by 1 of these, it's only because you let the retarded bench racers who don't even own one get to you.

Anyone who owns one knows it has limitations, they know it's not the most luxurious, but they still enjoy it because it's an amazing car and they find it fun.

I know i wouldn't talk shit to every 86/brz owner just because they have a deluded fanbase, it's still a cool car for what it sets out to do. Not the best, but if you're listening to anyone deluded about their car's limitations, you got baited.
>>
>>14077854
IT DOESN'T
OH MY GOD DUDE
OH MY GOD
>>
>>14077854
The C7 can do everything it can while being:
>more than half its price
>more practical
>more fun
>cheaper to own and maintain
>>
Because from a design standpoint it's not very impressive, or "skyline" like.
>>
>>14077862
a c7 cant do what n Used GTR

>just as expensive
>actually more practical
>faster
>not made with plastic
>>
>>14077862
So buy a c7 if you like a c7, that's kinda the point he's making.

I can respect that, why don't people just get what they enjoy instead of bench racing on here?

You're just an asshole if you talk shit on someone else's pride and joy, you never know what they've done under the hood and how much time they may have poured in.
>>
>>14077862
>2 less seats
>rwd
>more practical
>>
>>14077867
This.

The entire reason the GTR is so crazy is because of it's dual clutch system shifting so fast.

I love manual, but it's a dead end for performance.
>>
Are you vette fags just dumb?

It's not even that your car's bad, but it barely came close in just ONE track and it's nowhere near as fast off the mark, nor does it have AWD.

The GTR is so blindingly fast because it's not manual, nor automatic, it's the best of both worlds.

Ontop of that, it's more aerodynamic so it dosen't need to rely on muh v8.

>>14077881
I'm going to have to agree with this guy. Why even talk shit, there's no point. Every GTR thread, you vette fags are trying to bigdick as if your car is even in the same league.

It's RWD, Manual and v8.

They're entirely different beasts.
>>
A lot of cars trigger people.

Post a Honda civic type R against Toyota Supras and GTR R34s, R33s, and R32s and vettes (like lord alphonse does) and it usually sets people off

The viper also triggers people considering it beat the 918 on some tracks and P1

SRT10 was the fastest cheapest street legal car you could buy on the Nurgburging until 2015 (with new nismo)

as long as people (like lord alphonse) exist there will always be one shit-post fest after another

>not taking sides

I'm just glad i'm alive in this era of automotive perfection.
>>
>>14077854
Nothing besides the fanbase triggers /o/
>>14077862
Hello shitposters
>>
>>14077989

SRT10 ACR* is what i meant
>>
>>14077854

Costs more than a Corvette.
Not that much better in performance.
People will defend it.

Would rather have an AMG S 65 for that price.
>>
4wd
pigfat
autotragic
autopilot
no feedback
>>
I love the new ATTESA system they put into it, and the engine but it just looks so fucking pig fat. Woulda been cool if they put the engine and the drivetrain into something else, something smaller.
>>
>>14077854
I think the GTR is a great car, but for the price I'd rather drive a corvette. I know the GTR is probably faster, but considering you're never or going to be professionally racing the thing who cares? I prefer a manual right now and I was actually surprised at how cheap the inside of the GTR is. My buddy's 350Z seemed nicer on the inside.
>>
>>14078115
lets play spot the GM fangirl
>>
R34s were the best looking as well as some of the previous models. Nobody really likes where the design has gone from that point forward. It just looks stupid as fuck, especially the front but pretty much everywhere. They need to take it back.
>>
I'm surprised no one has called it soulless or driven by computers yet even though no professional has ever said more than its a BIT less engaging than the competition.
>>
>>14078098
>It really doesn't matter if the GTR is more expensive. The GTR can handle being pushed at its limits until it runs out of fuel. The corvette blows up before it can complete a lap.

FUCKING KEK

>>14078166
this is the right attitude to have. to each their own, there's no need to hate.
>>
>>14078115
Dual clutch manual does not feel automatic at all unless you're daily driving. Paddle shifting is fun.

Furthermore, if you had driven one you would know it has incredible feedback and response. The turbos spool near instantly.

4wd is subjective fun, as some want to drift their cars and some people like going hard as fuck around a corner.

Also another thing you would know had you ever stepped in one is that while it appears large on the outside, from the inside it's not big at all.

Every single point you make is a bench racing one and you've never stepped in a r35.

>>14078195
Because they've never been in one. It's far from soul-less unless you're daily driving it.

It's relaxed for driving around the place, but the moment your foot goes down you feel very engaged.
>>
>>14078300
Holy shit BTFO.
I rode in my mates and while i've never driven it, i can confirm it's a lot smaller inside than it appears on the outside.

Not in roominess, but in the sense of you feel small on the road, like you're not hogging the whole lane.
You're also right about it not feeling like an automatic. It's somewhere inbetween, but shifts feel manual when you start to race it.
>>
>>14077862
I'm not sure how you don't know but GM simply can't compete
>>
corvette faggots got mad they got trolled by shitposter posting, nothing more

they deserved it, you should have seen this place from 2008-2009 to 2012

nothing but ">the zr1 is faster"
>>
>>14078377
It wasn't that bad back then, it started to go to shit in late 2012 to now, fuck the newfags on this board, they've ruined it.
>>
File: 5u7ijfy.jpg (41 KB, 640x375) Image search: [Google]
5u7ijfy.jpg
41 KB, 640x375
>>14078390
>it wasnt that bad

yes it was

>nice thread about the new 997 gt3
>how about I post some zr1s

>oh you want to buy an used GTR
>how about I post some z06s

added with the fact that amerifags are the most obnoxious posters

there was also way less stancefaggotry back then
>>
>>14078399
Still, it was contained in the threads dedicated to those cars, now it's like
>Hey guys whats your favorite wheels?
3 posts later
>GTR has much cooler stock wheels than the Corvette

>added with the fact that amerifags are the most obnoxious posters

They're fucking cancer
>>
>>14078412
Not by a longshot, Australians will always be the worst.
>>
>>14078431
Americans are probably the only ones that say that. So oblivious to things that they can't see just how obnoxious they are
>>
>>14077854
would be interesting to see a true lightweight version but i don't think it's possible without going to a carbon chassis which makes it more in the supercar price class and thus goes against one of its selling points

>>14077862
Really neither the GTR nor the Z06 are fun to drive until you're going very hard which you're not going to do till you're on a track.
>>
>>14078454
the 36 is going to throw that all out the window, it's going to be the gtr that competes with the 918 spyder and mclaren p1.

they already announced they plan to say "fuck cost" and go full hypercar
>>
>>14078454
>which you're not going to do till you're on a track.

Speak for yourself m8, public roads are my track.
>>
>>14078470
I doubt you ever get within 30% of the limits of those cars on a public road
>>
While its not anything ill ever own, it is a mechanical marvel.
>>
>>14078481
I don't drive a 35, but i can assure you i've gone to at least 80%.

It's all about picking your road carefully.

For example, i know the perfect twisty road with no fallen trees ever and i know what time the roos are hopping about.

I then get a mate to scout for oncoming cars and radio me, then i have a clear road to drift on. It's really not hard, you just have to travel a hr or 2 out of the city.

Exact same thing goes for doing a top speed attack. I've hit 291 on a public road and it's not something to brag about, you just need a nice car, a mate to scout for you, to research your road (go there a few times non hoon) and then attempt whatever you want to do.

I'm sure i could get that last 20% out of my car on a track, but to be honest with you, tracks here are just as far out of the city as these roads i go on, cost like 200 bucks for a few runs on the drag strip and have cops sitting right outside to defect you. It's not an enjoyable experience.

I far prefer knowing i could die at any moment if i fuck up, since there's no runoff. And it's not like i put anyone else in danger, i do have a mate radioing me to stop if there's any oncoming cars.
>>
>>14078526
okay so there's that once in a while road where you can push it, it's the same deal in the Z06.
point is both those cars have limits so high you only rarely experience them so saying one car is more fun than another is slightly disingenuous, imho senpai
>>
>>14078300
>only except I have driven this car
I would buy this car if I don't care for driving and evidently sucked at it
>paddle shifting is fun
right
>inside is not big at all
still a 4000 lbs ugly brute
>think ill get the 911 gts
>>
>>14078652
Everyone here knows you're full of shit the moment you first posted.

You've never set foot in one, everything you posted is factually incorrect and anyone who's been in one knows that.

Hell, 5 minutes on google confirms.

Furthermore, you understand nothing about why they INTENTIONALLY kept it weighing that much, for the improvement of handling.

Back to bench racing, fag
>>
>>14078710
>being this mad and autistic about a autopilot "performance" car
keep googling senpai
>>
>>14078773
He's right though.

The only autistic person here is the guy above trying to pretend he's a richfag who drives GTR's.

Let's see some proof.
>>
File: 20151116_141038.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151116_141038.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Performance aside, Nissan just put out the most fucking savage advertisements for the Nismo this year
>try not to laugh
>laugh your ass off at the savagery that is Nissan with the GT-R
>>
I love both the Z06 and the GT-R, most people are just tired of Alphonse the ebin memester and his loyal subjects spamming that shit in every thread.

God forbid it's a thread about a GM product or Corvette especially.
>>
File: 190miles_smashed_valves.jpg (230 KB, 1127x921) Image search: [Google]
190miles_smashed_valves.jpg
230 KB, 1127x921
>>14077862
>The C7 can do everything it can
except complete a lap of the nurburgring or avoid overheating after a few minutes of hard driving or make it past 1000 miles without suffering catastrophic failure

>>14078390
late 2012 is when i took my shit posting and slammed it into overdrive =))
>>
>>14077854
I do like it, which is why I pretty much never post about it on here. I don't feel like dealing with the shitposting that will happen.
>I think GT-Rs are neat
>COREVTTE VERSUS GTR
>>
>>14078812
gtr literally cucking everyone
>>
Why does everyone forget about Snek?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXP3Eij2GGA
>>
>>14078876
because its a viper
>>
Lets race senpai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJmGkWRYWrk#t=133
>>
>>14078710
>Furthermore, you understand nothing about why they INTENTIONALLY kept it weighing that much, for the improvement of handling.
I do like the GTR but this is bullshit.
>>
>huur r35 is pigfat
this is what the r34 weighs with half a tank of gas and a 90kg driver inside. curb weight of the r35 nismo isnt much greater.
>>
File: 100_8484.jpg (50 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
100_8484.jpg
50 KB, 800x600
>>14078926
forgot pic =)
>>
>>14077854
I don't get why people say it's a technological marvel and other fun stuff... It's a twin turbo v6, making normalish numbers, nothing really special about the engine, great it's 4wd, nothing new there, dual clutch transmission? been done before. I mean the software is kinda neat, but what does that have to do specifically with the car? I mean you can put the worlds best software on a go kart, doesn't mean it's a technological marvel, it just means the software is a technological marvel (which isn't specifically why people worship the GTR)

Also I'm not saying it's bad engineering, but they didn't really bring anything new to the table as far as I know except for the price per lap time value, which really who gives a shit when you're not making money off racing.
>>
>>14077872
>>14077881
>>14077882
>>14077998
>>14078346
>>14078454
Look at these tiddy triggered transvestites :^)
>>
>>14078966
GM cuck dmg cntrl at full force kek
>>
>>14078817
>God forbid it's a thread about a GM product or Corvette especially.
no one will miss those
>>
I just find it ugly as sin.
I don't care about it's numbers it looks like a pig on roller blades. Even the GT3 race cars looks bad.
As far as I'm concerned Nissan hasn't made a good looking car since the s13 hatch and it's nothing special either. Their design team really is garbage.
>>
>>14079125
s15 is great looking
>>
>>14079134
yeah that one is alright too, but other than those 2.. nothing good since they were still called datsun. they've just gotten worse and worse.
>>
>>14078399
>yes it was
>>nice thread about the new 997 gt3
>>how about I post some zr1s
>>oh you want to buy an used GTR
>>how about I post some z06s
>added with the fact that amerifags are the most obnoxious posters
>there was also way less stancefaggotry back then
Sounds like you are blaming the corvette fans for the lack of stancefags? Almost like you like stance fags?
>>
File: gtr.jpg (132 KB, 798x568) Image search: [Google]
gtr.jpg
132 KB, 798x568
>"all muh driving skillz"
kekold
>>
>>14078115
How's 4WD (GT-R is AWD btw you fuck) bad?
>>
>>14082150
>Being this aucuckstic
>>
File: 8uj.png (44 KB, 258x244) Image search: [Google]
8uj.png
44 KB, 258x244
>>14078932
>lighter than a Miata

what in the fuck
>>
>>14082166
because those are kilograms, the correct measurement system dumb ass

>americans
>>
>>14082156
great post, please post more
>>
>>14082181
why are eurocucks so rude and butthurt all the time
>>
>>14082197
it was a joke family...

like saying the gt40 is british
>>
>>14082150
4WD and AWD are the same thing.
>>
>>14082204
gt40 is british
>>
>>14082232
Mk1 is more British than American, Mk III is more American than British.

But definitely a corroborative effort.
>>
>>14082205
anon...
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.