[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /o/, ive never been here before. ive traveled a long way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: colin-mcrae-in-action.jpg (68 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
colin-mcrae-in-action.jpg
68 KB, 700x525
hello /o/,
ive never been here before. ive traveled a long way over here from /b/ to maybe get answers to my (probably) really scrubby questions.

how does motorsport work?
more exactly, how does all this team business work. im always readind about certain teams in formula 1 for example that employ (i guess) different drivers to drive their cars for them.

do drivers from the same team compete with each other?
what do the teams get out of the whole deal?
who supplies the cars to the drivers?
who was phone?

thank you very much in advance, /o/
>>
File: 1408945048135.gif (2 MB, 230x306) Image search: [Google]
1408945048135.gif
2 MB, 230x306
bump cuz im not rly sure how frequented this board is
>>
>>14077391
Depends on the kind of motorsport
>>
>>14077391
Basically, some rich bloke wants to race so he buys a car.

Then he realises he cant drive, do he hires a driver.

Then he realises that he cant support the driver during races, so he hires a pit crew.

Then he realises hes a woeful strategist, so he hires a race control team.

Etc etc.
>>
>>14077391
study up on the image i posted.

then you will know all about /o and motorsports all in one go.
>>
>>14077595
i like the style of this answer very much, thank you.
>>
>do drivers from the same team compete with each other?
yes, but one typically gets better shit while the other is more of a tester

>what do the teams get out of the whole deal?
marketing for your brand. but making money isn't the goal. the racing is the goal.
beating rival car manufactures / tuners is the goal.

>who supplies the cars to the drivers?
the team they drive for
>>
>>14077621
right, a big thanks to you as well.
>>
>>14077595
>>14077621
Then the rich guy wants to stop spending so much, so he gets his team sponsored.
>>
>>14077391
This is a pretty fast board, you just have to be in the right thread
>>
>>14077645
There's also many different disciplines that have different requirements, both in the type of car and driver, and cash flow. "Grassroots" racing like autocross is very popular because of the relatively small investment needed, but it's also near impossible to make it to the professional level by just doing that.
>>
File: wtf%20(2)[1].gif (459 KB, 200x158) Image search: [Google]
wtf%20(2)[1].gif
459 KB, 200x158
>>14077391
when did /b/tards become so damn polite?
>>
>>14077971
When they leave their native habitat.
>>
motorsport is just advertisement

win on sunday sell on monday
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.