[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idleing/starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: WP_20150207_001.jpg (987 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150207_001.jpg
987 KB, 2592x1456
So here is the story... I was driving home from work one night and as I stopped at a red light I noticed that my car was idleing wierd. I look over at my voltage gage and it was going to the same rhythm as the car. It sounded like it was going to stall but didn't. I just happend to be right down the street of orylies so I pulled in because my check engine light came on. I had then run a diagnostic on the car and It came back that I had a bad (EGR)Valve, and my RPMS exceeded there limits. The problem only a Now keep in mind that my car was having trouble starting. Not bad all I had to do was give it a small amount of gas to get it running. I replaced the valve and seafoam ed the car. It seems to be running better but it still has a little idling problem what could it be
>>
>>14077263
I'd help you if you fucking used proper English.
>>
>>14077263
Have you checked your spark plugs?
>>
>>14081441
This. Do this.
>>
File: iac.jpg (58 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
iac.jpg
58 KB, 700x700
>>14077263
Idle Air Control valve is likely your problem.

The EGR issue was likely an older problem unrelated to your new symptoms.
>>
>>14081491
It was probably code 1399 which is random misfire/bad egr/ valves out of spec. I would change the plugs before messing with the iacv
>>
not op, but could it also be a broken O2 sensor?
>>
>>14081594
I'm guessing it's either bad plugs or his distributor is going out
>>
>>14081543
1980's/90's ford IAC's always get sticky & unreliable after about a decade. The moment he said "Mercury Grand Marquis" and "Idling weird" my mind went straight to the IAC.
>>
Thanks you guys for all your help. I'm going to go see how my IAC valve looks. And I'm going to change all my spark plugs just to be safe. Theyer also is a rattle sound when I slam on the gas
>>
>>14082994
Misfires.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.