[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about buying a cheap toy to fuck with. I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: i419197.jpg (57 KB, 561x304) Image search: [Google]
i419197.jpg
57 KB, 561x304
I'm thinking about buying a cheap toy to fuck with. I can pick up an SR5 meme car for $2000. Should I?
I'd just do autoX, rallyX, shitty mods, and basically abuse it. Any other cheap cars I should consider? Like an A60 Celica, AW11 MR2, 318ti, etc. But no convertibles so don't even mention the Miata. I'd rather have a V8 American car but I don't want to spend that much on a toy.
Btw I do NOT watch Initial D. Never seen a single episode. I am not a weeb. I love all cars.
>>
>$2000
holy fuck. i bought one as a memecar for $500 and it was barely worth it
>>
File: 1378452510993.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1378452510993.png
128 KB, 308x308
>He wants a FR for rallyX
FF would be a better choice, and useable in AutoX.
a FR would be a good choice for AutoX, but not for rallyX

amateur rally is dominated by FWD's
>>
>>14076450
My local rallyX is divided into rwd, fwd, and awd classes. So I'd only be competing against other rwd cars. The last event in my area had more rwd cars than fwd cars. But of course there were more awd cars than both, and they were all Subarus. Typical and cliche.
>>
If you're doing rally.. fwd, but there's no rally in the US unfortunately so I'd buy rwd and do on-road stuff.
>>
>>14076444
>it was barely worth it
Probably because you bought a $500 car.
>>
>>14076482
>there's no rally in the US
Wut? Ever heard of rallycross or stage rally?
>>
>>14076478
then do rwd

most important thing for racing is finding a class that has a lot of people to race against. if rwd is more popular then go with that.
>>
>>14076488
Agreed. Rally is just an example of what I might do with the car anyway. I'd just generally hoon it and race it at any events I can, which probably won't be many since I work weekends and autoX and rallyX only take place on weekends.
>>
>>14076483
clean, nothing wrong with it other than needing a gas tank and carb rebuild from sitting, low miles. i beat on it, ragged it out and passed it on to someone else after a few years. now its a gaudy green KA-T drift car. it just sucked dick stock, nearly every part on the car needed to be upgraded to make it good overall.
>>
>>14076482
Does MR recover the traction advantage of FF?
>>
Sooo is a $2k Trueno worth it or should I look at a different rwd coupe/hatch?
>>
>>14076613
nah, the benefit of fwd in rally or snow or gravel or w/e is that it can pull the front of the car in the turn to help it rotate. you can also rip the ebrake without clutching which probably helps a bit too honestly.

if theres good grip for the front tires rwd will be better, but there seldom is in dirt and gravel.
>>
Chrysler conquest bro
>>
Not OP, but who has experience with other cheap RWD projects? Starlet, 510, Corolla TE-71, etc?
>>
86fag here. I dd, autox and occasionally rallycross mine. 2k is a lit for an sr5 unless its very clean with low miles and no rust. Honestly the main reason for their excessive pricing is drift fags rather than weebs. Driftfags treat these cars and 240s as disposable missiles as they usually have more disposal income. Where are you from op? Have you tried looking on club4ag or your local 86 forum?
>>
>>14076428
miata/crx?
>>
>>14077373
I'd love to see a rally CR-X, It's a good handling fwd anyways.
>>
>>14077428
CRX with the engine in the back would be amazing though, FF sucks don't you think?
>>
>>14077434
Whats wrong with you faggots that hate on FF? LEARN TO DRIVE A FF CAR BEFORE MAKING OPINIONS. Im so sick of the FF sucks meme. Its worse then the roush meme.
>>
>>14076487
not in usa
>>
>>14077434
Awd CR-X's have been done before, I think I've seen mid engine ones as well. Obviously that would take a ton of knowledge and money though.
>>
>>14076967
For $2k, you can get something much better than a heavily tofu taxed 30 year old commuter shitbox in shit condition.

Unless you intend to go full Dagumi.
>>
>>14077469
you're dumb, rally organizations exist within the US, you should probably look them up.
>>
>tfw i bought an 82 SR5 meme car for 2k
Its a little shitbox but im liking it so far
>>
>>14077491
not in florida
>>14077497
i fucking wish i could buy a jap rwd shitbox for cheap
its not fair
they're all 5k+
>>
>>14077500
To be fair mines not an AE86, its the previous gen to the HachiTofu so the memetax isnt there.
Its a running project that i plan to commute in so its not getting raced or beat on
>>
>>14076428
>I do NOT watch Initial D

are you really that insecure? i mean you are fucking posting anonymously. get some fucking backbone you nigger. Im guessing you actually did watch initial D.
>>
File: keiichi rekt 2.png (228 KB, 642x319) Image search: [Google]
keiichi rekt 2.png
228 KB, 642x319
civic is better
>>
>>14077428

A rally crx is my dream project car.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.