[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when will the Skyline will be legal to own in the USA? not talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: r34.jpg (88 KB, 1234x743) Image search: [Google]
r34.jpg
88 KB, 1234x743
when will the Skyline will be legal to own in the USA? not talking about the new Nissan GTR
>>
>>14076408
25 years after it's date of production
>>
>>14076408
It is.
>>
>>14076413

then how come some ppl own a right handed Skyline in the USA? this one dude on Japolnik manage to own one. do u need to get it inspected and put it in another name or sumthing?
>>
>>14076485
Because its a 25+ year old Japanese Import. Cars 25 yeads and older don't need to go with our emissionsand safety standars, so Demuro imported a 25yo R33 GTR
>>
>>14076801
Wasn't it an R32
>>
>>14076408
hopefully never legal and the new gtr is not a skyline.
>>
>>14076485
>>14076801
>all this Facebook tier english
please tell me you are from another country and are just using a shitty translator
>>
In ten years for a 1999 model
>>
>>14076408
The R32 is already legal. The R34 will be legal in 2024.
>>
It will never be feasible, there's to many skyline fanboys in the US. The price will never come down.
>>
R32s are already legal.

Why anyone would actually want to own one is beyond me. It appeared in Fast and Furious, so ricers will already inflate the price to stupid proportions. They're not that great stock and the suspension is on par with an earlier 350z, we're talking about Nissan after all. Expect big money for modifications.

That's the least of the problems. R32s are targets for theft and do become so very frequently. About the only thing you could do with the thing is take it to car meets without being afraid of it disappearing.

Just get a G35 or a 370.
>>
>>14076408
Does google not work in some parts of the world?
>>
File: 1431447088381.jpg (118 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1431447088381.jpg
118 KB, 406x364
>>14076408

Eurofag here
Is there some way around the euro 3 import policy, I just want a cool car from 1980-2000 period.
>>
File: 350GT_rear.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
350GT_rear.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
literally any time brah, they're sold as infinitis here
>>
>>14080942
>Does google not work in some parts of the world?
This, seriously.
5 seconds of googling answers this question.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/

25 years after manufacture, you can import pretty much anything, no matter which crash tests it failed. Hell, you can /import/ one now, you just can't title/register it for use on public roads (i.e. it has to be a trailer queen for track/offroad use only) If you're a richfag and can afford to buy several extra skylines for NHTSA crash-testing, and also to commission custom USDOT-spec lighting systems for them, you could set up a business importing them right now. (Assuming they don't fail crash testing, which they might - US standards are different enough from Euro and asian standards, with different angles and impact speeds, that cars built to pass one region's set of crash standards frequently fail the other's)

Also, there's a loophole for foreign citizens to bring their own cars into America on a temporary basis, even if they're not NHTSA certified.
>A vehicle registered in a country other than the United States may be imported for
personal use by a non-resident of the United States for a period not to exceed one
year. The vehicle cannot be sold while in the United States and must be exported
within one year from the date of entry
>>
File: g35 coupe rear first pic.jpg (2 MB, 2976x5312) Image search: [Google]
g35 coupe rear first pic.jpg
2 MB, 2976x5312
>>14081020
>tell people i own a skyline
>get made fun of when people see it.
>>
Canadian here.

Lol there are tons of Skylines on my local Kijiji. Feels good man.
>>
File: clueless.png (2 KB, 179x139) Image search: [Google]
clueless.png
2 KB, 179x139
>>14076408
>new Nissan GTR
>Skyline
Also, Infiniti has rebadged Skyline so you have it in the US actually.
Unless you're one of those weebs who want a R34 GTR they've seen in F&F and NFS.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 570x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 570x377
>people actually respond to this thread

McKill yourselves
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.