[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Early-mid 2000s Mercedes Benz SL Class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: mercedesbenz-slclass-2005-4.jpg (41 KB, 625x410) Image search: [Google]
mercedesbenz-slclass-2005-4.jpg
41 KB, 625x410
What does /o/ think of these cars?

I fell in love with them when I was a teen in the early 2000s, and I still love them
>>
>>14072781
Are you a real estate agent or married to an executive?

Oh you have a dick? No you dont.
>Everyone driving an SL
>>
>>14072781

Stereotypes aside, I think they are neat.

I like the idea of GT cars a lot. Especially ones that can go fast and steady, while being comfortable.
>>
They aren't worth 10% of their original sale price by accident
>>
File: cara-d-245.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
cara-d-245.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
My dad had a few of those while I was growing up. They were pretty good cars for my area, since summer could put the top down and it still worked well for fall and spring before snowfall since it had the hard top convertible. That was the big deal about it, since a lot of the soft top convertibles were pretty noisy on the highway.

I wouldn't want to own a ~2000 SL now though, probably be a maintenance nightmare.

The SL65 AMG was pretty cool, but now there are so many better options.
>>
Good cars.

Don't buy if you can't fix basic things yourself. Service for German cars is terribly overpriced in the US.

But yea, good cars. Honestly, as long as you don't completely abuse it, and so long as you do basic maintenance, it will run just fine. The German reliability meme is mostly false, but it's definitely true if you're an asshat that doesn't take care of his shit.
>>
>>14072884

They were over-priced to begin with.
>>
>>14073671
>true if you're an asshat that doesn't take care of his shit
So it's true for 90% of the German cars in the US then? :^)
>>
File: CcSlFoY.jpg (135 KB, 1280x765) Image search: [Google]
CcSlFoY.jpg
135 KB, 1280x765
I think its baller as fuck but /o/ will tell you that youre small dick nigger manlet faggot because they drive 90s jap shitboxes and are jelly as fuck.

picture of a SL65 i took. its so cool to see it in person
>>
>>14073997
Yeah those were pretty sick. Awesome burnout machine
>>
>>14072781
I'm not a fan of the way it looks. The headlights in particular.
>>
>>14073997

Fuck the Black Series looka so good. My all time favorite car
>>
>>14073997
http://www.autogespot.us/spots?licenseplate=2fast4u

Turns out that its a SL55 with a sl65 black series bodykit

This car turns out to be a SL55 with a full 65 black series bodykit. This is great for a few €k you can still have the 55s comfortable ride and the looks of a 65.
>>
>>14075662
fuck im too drunk to type

you should totally do this op
>>
>>14074625
My boss had one of these and made Mercedes buy it back. Thing was a piece of shit. Panels were all uneven, print through on the hood, trunk lid had some problem... And as a car it couldn't hook up so the power was wasted.
>>
>>14075715
what the fuck didnt he see that the panels were uneven?
>>
>>14075744
shit i meant didnt he notice it when he bought it
>>
>>14075744
Mercedes is pretty good at hiding things with orangepeel so you can only see how bad they are at certain angles/lighting, maybe he didn't notice right off the bat
>>
>>14075744
>>14075754
Yeah that was it. And the print through was when the sun hit it. By the end of the first day he saw all the problems

Also the car was delivered by the dealership to his office (he buys a lot of cars) and it was night
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.