[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post vehicles you have crashed yourself & how you did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
ITT: Post vehicles you have crashed yourself & how you did it

Took a corner too fast while it was raining while it was raining, spun out and hit a tree.
>>
Swap 5mge into hilux.

Bought new car and hooned this one to an inch of its life. Too fast into a downhill corner, clipped the bank and sucked in. This was after shoveling it out. Used a 2x4 as a lever and pushed it out myself
>>
None, because I can handle a machine.

Only "wrecks" have been at stoplights from dumb cunts rear ending me as they check FB instead of paying attention...
>>
>>14070149
Flew off a gravel road because it was washed out and caught air mid corner. I think the third time I've wrecked this one.
>>
File: Saabfaen.jpg (288 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Saabfaen.jpg
288 KB, 1632x1224
Unexperienced, wet snow ontop of unscraped ice, too fast for the conditions (half the speedlimit but still too fast)... came into a turn that slopes quite a bit down to the right, front started slipping to the inside, hit the brakes, rear came around and dragged the car into the ditch

Small dent on the passenger side, broken engine mount, broken front bumper, broken extra headlights. Got fixed
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
First crash after 6 years of driving last month.

>shitty roads due to snow
>still on all seasons
>SUV in front of me is slow
>look over my shoulder before changing lanes
>he's braking in the middle of a bridge for some reason
>icy patch, threshold braking is useless
>crank my wheel to go around but I reacted too late

Just the glass (?) thankfully. Lamps still work.
>>
dont have a pic but hit a deer with my sn95 before i sold it, deer rolled off the front of hood and just chilled on the side of the road til i left.

>bought junkyard hood and all was well
>>
>>14070175
How are Saabs in the cold? I am looking for a 9000 cse to sister the volvo. Figured Scandinavian will be some of the best.
>>
>>14070116
Never crashed a car because I'm not a retard. Never been crashed into because I'm fucking lucky.
>>
>>14070286
any fwd is fine in the snow if youre a woman, otherwise get a rwd and have fun all seasons
>>
>>14070212
>Lamps still work.
They don't, you need to replace them.
>>
>>14070316
I'm in Alaska. You will literally be at a standstill without winters and still sketch without decent studs. Stainless doesn't work in -40f

I can drive just fine. I was asking the skandifag about them because he will have first hand knowledge about their operation in severe weather.
>>
>>14070286

Most of them here are diesels.... EGR's like to clog up unless you run the engine properly warm

Still, capable cars
>>
>>14070347
Studless tires don't*
>>
>>14070350
Nice. No diesel for me I have a ford work rig with a 7.3 and it barely defrosts the windows. Don't want to invest in a Webasto so I'm selling this summer.
>>
>>14070212
>>14070325
Headlamp assemblies are mindnumbingly expensive. OEM could easily be over $150.
>>
>>14070116
I backed a brand new car with 2000 miles on it into a ditch. It was a total whiteout and I didn't realized I was backing off the road.

Some helpful people came buy and shoved roof tiles under my wheels and I escaped unscathed.
>>
File: rcr.jpg (98 KB, 720x402) Image search: [Google]
rcr.jpg
98 KB, 720x402
>be me
>driving home
>thinking of fat furry ass
>get my dick out
>start masturbating
>can't cum
>pull out my phone
>check latest posts on e621
>lose control while cumming
>oh goodie, look at all the sweet sweet upboats I'm bout to get on reddit.
>I can finally ask my viewers for money
>>
File: Crash.jpg (366 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Crash.jpg
366 KB, 768x1024
Hydroplaned under a truck. Had plenty of time to try and stop/change direction/etc and the car just kept sliding forward.
>>
>>14070116
>Was harvest time
>knew this but was running late
>took corner on the fast side of safe
>combine pulled over to allow cars past from the other direction
>no where to go
>ditch it in to a hedge.
Front suspension fucked.

>borrow mums car
>driving to work, with mum in car so I can drop her where she works
>up a long steep hill with blind corner at top
>cyclist in middle of road on blind corner dong 0.2 mph obviously tired from climbing the hill
>cars coming the other direction
>have nowhere to go
>brake, not going to stop in time
>brake harder, wheels lock up
>heading straight for car in other lane
>steer away from traffic jump off brake.
>car stops skidding and gets fired into bank.
>cyclist didn't stop

Both accidents could have been avoided if the cars had abs. I was driving slower, or was a better driver.

All my cars have abs now.
>>
>>14073460
>outrunning yiur FOV
you dun fucked up m8
>>
File: before after.jpg (281 KB, 860x779) Image search: [Google]
before after.jpg
281 KB, 860x779
Hit a wallaby on the freeway. Needed a new bonnet and headlight. Pulled the frame out with a rope attached to a station wagon towbar.
>>
>>14070151
>>14070315
> new drivers
>>
>>14070116
Hit a fucking deer yesterday. Just walked out from behind a line of bushes that was very close to the road, and continued to fucking cross the road as as I was skidding, right until it went diagonally across my hood, windshield and finally softtop.

Got up instantly and fucked back off to where it should have stayed in the beginning.

Meanwhile, my front bumper got creased so the paint is fucked now, and the headlight assembly broke some tabs, so now it wavers when I go over bumps. maybe that will serve as a warning to the deer's brethren.

I'm so incensed. Those headlight assemblies are like $500. and the bumper is as well. FUCK
>>
Been driving for about 4-5 months, not much experience in heavy rain.

> heavy rain, during heatwave
> had to do a u turn
> roundabout
>goes around fine until exit
> understeer due to front baised awd
> let off power
> oversteer
>under corrected
>nearly took out oil pan out on an island
>car doesn't have abs

the only thing that saved me was practicing my braking technique so much the weeks before
>>
>a few months ago
>crashed car while on a cruise with some others
>news makes it to /o/ and of course my friend
>moment i get home from the crash site theres endless posts about it
>i answer a few anons questions
>then the insults begin
>then extreme insults and one saying they wish i died
>turns out its my friend posting all this shit but he thinks i dont know its him
>every site i visit regularly that he knows about is filled with more crazy angry posts
>2 weeks of continuous posts about it
>ask why once and its because i didnt post pics immediately like "a true friend would do"
>double wut
>months later and its still going on because i didnt share pics
>he still wants pics but i'll never post them out of spite

I was chill about the crash and honestly would have posted pics but to suddenly be berated literally an hour after the crash is just crazy.
>>
>>14073638
maybe if you didn't crash you car like a shitlord it wouldn't have happened!!!!!

wish you died!!!
>>
>>14073643
Eh, everyone has a crash at some point in their lives.
>>
>>14073638
BMW guy?
>>
>>14073405
Hyundai Accident
>>
>>14073638
Post the pics 318i guy
>>
>>14073669
>>14073739
It was a 1991 Celica....
>>
>>14073755
Sorry, thought you were that ausfag
>>
Thursday I totaled my Camry when I fell asleep at the wheel driving home from work. 60mph off the side of the highway into a tree, I'm lucky to only have a sprained neck.

DON'T DRIVE TIRED
>>
>>14073384
Kek
>>
>>14073358
Too bad, they're safety equipment,
>>
>>14073464
Well either you do that, or you drive on the wrong side of the road, or drive intolerably slowly.

The joys of rural English roads
>>
File: 2015-01-17 11.56.17.jpg (938 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-17 11.56.17.jpg
938 KB, 2688x1520
doing donuts in the snow ran over a hidden curb at like 40

thankfully the subframe took the hit and I just busted a power steering line
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.