[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /o/ looking for your opinion on Mitsubishi Lancer ( 2009
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
Sup /o/ looking for your opinion on Mitsubishi Lancer ( 2009 - 2015)

Is this good as my first car ? notably for driving point A to B ? I am a 22 male non-white student .

Will I get laughed at if I drive this car ?
>>
90s civic you pretentious asshole
>>
>>14065640
>90s civic

thats like a 15 years old car . Im looking for something like 4-5 years old models .

So a civic ? I dont think girls even want to get in a honda anymore .

I really suck at this . I never got into the car stereotypes.

What is a car that wont brand me as a loser ?
>>
>>14065635
It's fine. Just don't do something gay like dressing it up like an Evo.
>>
>>14065665
>665
Fucking born loser man
>>
File: 0816151311.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
0816151311.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
i have a 2015 lancer SE and its a pretty good little car
>cheap
>selectable awd
>heated cloth
>decent gas mileage (avg around 25mpg in the mountains, touched 36mpg on a trip to Tennessee a few months ago)
id say the only things i dont like is the CVT is horribly boring, if you get one please get the manual for your own sake. and the road noise is pretty terrible for a 4 door 4cyl car, ive had trucks on 33" mud terrains that were quieter on the highway.. might be the shit stock yokohamas though
>>
>>14065635
If all your doing is driving from A to B with it you shouldn't care what people think.

And for your first car it will be pretty nice, nothing special about it, does its job and I think they look pretty decent.

>>14066647
>this
Just don't go crazy trying to mod it or you probably will end up getting some hate over it
>>
>>14065635
You don't deserve a nice car you little spoiled shit.

Get a civic or a Mazda 3 or some other normal teenie car, snot nosed brat.
>>
>>14065665
How about you get a car that you actually fucking like instead of worrying about what faggots think of you?
>>
>>14065635
Get a lancer for your first car...fuck I weep for this world when some kid gets a lancer just to smash it up as his first car.

Fuck off faggot get a corolla or something.
>>
>>14066826
How autistic are you?
>>
File: sick rims.jpg (306 KB, 580x579) Image search: [Google]
sick rims.jpg
306 KB, 580x579
>>14065665
>I dont think girls even want to get in a honda anymore .
>>14065635
>I am a 22 male non-white

The car won't be the issue, mate.
>>
>>14065635
Driving a 2014 lancer ES right now. Pretty good gas mileage and comfy to drive.
>>
File: thank you based ylilauta.png (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
thank you based ylilauta.png
7 KB, 500x500
>>14065635
>I am a 22 male non-white student .
>Will I get laughed at

you won't, trust us
>>
>>14065635
You'd likely be better off with a mazda3. Both cars are in the same market, but mazda tends to be a little more fun to drive IMO and has better financing offers available from the company itself. Both cars are modern/stylish enough that you won't be laughed at or "branded a loser"

Just test-drive both and go with whichever is more fun.
>>
>>14065635
Normies don't actually care what you drive unless it's either super expensive/rare/cheap/trashed.
A regular looking Lancer (i.e. no major mods, bonus inconspicuous point if you get it in gray/silver) won't get a you a second look either way. You may get the occasional retard saying 'duuude you shoulda just got the Evo bro'.
Do get it in manual, tho.
>>
>>14066743
>selectable awd
What the hell do these buzzwords even mean?

It's a fine car, OP.
>>
>>14067783
buzzwords? its a button on the console that switches from fwd to part-time 4wd and 4wd lock
>>
>>14067783
it turns it into an Evo
>>
File: 1449585728435.gif (1 MB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
1449585728435.gif
1 MB, 250x208
>buying a lancer
>buying a 5th best in class new shitbox

Lancer is for fags who are worried about lookin like fags for driving superior Civics and Corollas

Get your head out of your ass and buy a proper shitbox. Even a Kia would be better than a fuckin sub ralliart Lancer. Mitsu is goin out of business in North America cause theyre pure shit and nobody buys it except alternative fags like yourself

Get a Mazda3 and at least be a sensible alternative fag

Fuckin anything else man
>>
>>14067816
>5th best in class
I had no idea it was doing so well.
>>
>>14065635
>>14065665
>what will people think of me and my car
>what will the girl think

How fucking insecure are you?
As long as it's clean and doesn't break down they mostly don't give a shit.
>>
>>14065635
>I am a 22 male non-white student .

So what are you?

This is most important!
>>
>>14065635
>Will I get laughed at if I drive this car ?
Yes. Girls will laugh at your penis size. Now find your balls and drive whatever car you want.
>>
Better save up for a awd Ralliart edition or be a fucking square
Basically Mitsubishi's WRX
>>
>>14067788
I have a hard time believing that. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the AWC traction control modes?
>>14067798
lol
>>
>>14067886
yeah mate its the AWC bullshit, it goes from fwd to part-time to full time, worked pretty good in 4" of snow on the highway and ive never had any issues on the unplowed back roads around here
>>
>>14067899
Huh, I didn't know it was a hybrid part/full time system. That's pretty damn neat.
>>
>>14067909
thats the only reason i bought it, was gonna go mazda 3 but couldnt get it AWD, and i didnt want full time AWD because it mostly gets driven on the highway and its just unnecessary wear and tear
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1421
>>14065635
I'd get it op, I own a 2015 lancer (pictures with my 08 eclipse) and can talk about it a bit.

Interior space is decent on the lancer. Gauges are nice, heated seats work very well, trunk has decent space, and it'll be reliable especially with the timing chain.

I see a lot of people suggesting the Mazda 3. Personally I would never get a Mazda 3. Before I had the 15 lancer and the 08 eclipse I owned a 03 eclipse spyder. It was in an accident and I had a rental 2014 Mazda 3 for 2 weeks. Really did not care for the car, it only had 14,000km on it and already the fans for the vents wouldn't work on high, the road noise was louder than my 03 convertible, and it was not comfortable at all. Also the back seat was very cramped for a 4 door, over all the car just seemed in quality equal to a cobalt or something. For example just comparing it to my eclipse, I have soft touch on the doors, the steering wheel and shifter have stitched leather, soft touch on the dash. The Mazda 3 had none of this, though I'm sure there's some trim lvl that has a better steering wheel. Everything was hard plastics. Also wanted to mention the gas gauge which was a digital one and not accurate at all. I'd never own a Mazda 3 and couldn't wait to return it.

The lancer as far as materials are concerned are closer to the Mazda 3 than the eclipse, as it also has a lot of hard plastics, but the lancer as a whole feels way better put together.
>>
The Lancer will be fine. The only real negative is re-sale value when you want another car. Mitsubishi's do not retain value as well as most other Japanese manufacturers. The initial decline when you drive a new one off the lot is higher and the residual value will drop further year to year when compared to other Japanese makes.
>>
>>14067930
NO
NOBODY SHOULD GET A NEW CAR AS THEIR FIRST CAR
THIS IS STUPID
>>14065635
Get a 90s civic you idiot
>>
File: lancers kek.jpg (123 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
lancers kek.jpg
123 KB, 960x960
They have nice backseats
>>
>>14067930
Shut the fuck up

Every thing you listed to justify your eclipse over a mazda3 was superficial bullshit nobody except women and old people care about.

>nice guages
>soft touch materials
>trunk space

Just shut the fuck up man seriously. You love a shitty brand and cant explain why. Enjoy your inferior motor exploding in 4years but OH WAIT thank god mitsu has that 10yr powertrain warranty OH WAIT they wont honor it cause theyre soon to be out of business

Mazda 3s fuckin suck but the point im making is Lancers suck harder. Maybe hardest in class besides the Sentra and dumbfuck Dart
>>
>>14068084
>You love a shitty brand and cant explain why. Enjoy your inferior motor

Sure I can talk motors.

4g69 is part of the Sirius family of engines, its an evolution of the famous 4g63. Changes included MiVec technology (Lift @ 4.2k rpm) and an increase to displacement (2.4L from the 2.0L of the 2g63). Stock block can support 800hp on boost.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>14068220
*4g63
>>
>>14068084
You can't talk shit about Mitsubishi engines, they are one of mitsubishis strong points.
>>
>>14068220
>stock 2.0 4cyl block can support 800hp
seriously what's the magic behind these things? stock 2.0 4cyl single turbo can output 300hp meanwhile some V6 barely make that
>>
>>14068236
V6 engines fucking blow
>>
>>14067816
This desu
>>
>>14068277
Gaaaay
>>
>buying a car to appear more attractive to girls

lol, I mean I guess it's a minimum requirement. If I were you I'd buy a shitbox with a million miles and impress women with your frugalness and smart financial planning for the future instead of getting an entry level econobox you'll be paying off forever instead of buying property or whatever.
>>
File: 64654654.jpg (350 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
64654654.jpg
350 KB, 1024x683
>>14065635
>buying a non evo lancer
Kek
>>
>>14068365
>says the poor fag in a beat 240sx stuck in 4x4 mode

If you could afford a new car, maybe you'd understand.
>>
File: 1024px-Mitsubishi_PX33.jpg (167 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Mitsubishi_PX33.jpg
167 KB, 1024x702
>>14065635
People sometimes forget Mitsubishi has had a very long history in the automotive industry.

In 1917 Mitsubishi produced Japan's first series-production automobile. It was a 7 seater sedan built, only 22 of them built by hand. But they were to costly so they moved onto the PX33 (pictured) in 1937 It was the first Japanese-built passenger car with full time four wheel drive.
>>
>>14068374
Fair point. I don't see the point in getting a base lancer over a civic or something better though
>>
>>14068413
>civic
>better than anything

You have shit taste
>>
>>14065635
My buddy has one it's cool, I want a sport back model in blue within the next few months.
>>
>>14068413
Welp another trip filtered for being fucking stupid.
>>
>>14067930
>lancer
>AND eclipse

Was it awkward explaining to the salesman that you didn't need the free year's supply of tampons?
>>
>>14068483
>fox, grapes, etc

Those fogs can't be legal tho.
>>
>>14068231
They don't have any weak points. Well, actually conducting business is their weak point, but that has nothing to do with the cars.
>>
>>14068392
MHI never really did that much. Mostly vehicles for military and government officials. Not until the late 60s did they even bother with more cars and then MMC came along and took over the auto market from MHI.
>>
File: 1449112196935.jpg (76 KB, 624x479) Image search: [Google]
1449112196935.jpg
76 KB, 624x479
>>14068532
suck off the company a little harder bro theres stil some cum left

Ur a delusional fanboy. Mitsu is a joke car company who just killed off their only worthwhile model im lmaoing at ur opinion rn

When you drive a Mitsu youre basically telling the world youre a cunt
>>
>>14069609
kys tbqh fuccboi.
>>
I just bought a 2011 Lancer GTS OP and I'd recommend it.

They're pretty sharp cars by themselves and as such the aftermarket on them is ridiculous. You'll probably fuck it up because it;s your first car and all, because you'd be surprised at how many people total their first car. But when you do, I guarantee you you'll be fine they're so safe. Also that engine isn't going to give you any problems if you don't burn rubber at every single red light
>>
>>14069609
Done with your rant?
>>
Jesus christ why are you all being unneccessarily abrasive to this random anon this is why people hate car culture you fucktards because the average anon can't walk in and ask a question without getting shit on.

OP buy what you like not what others like

Don't listen to anyone in this thread unless you want to.

Half of the shit you're reading is parroted bullshit and only a few anons in here actually have first hand experience with the Lancer. Up to you man, personally I'd buy a Lancer too just because timing chain if that's true (according to an anon above, do your homework) and AWD if I were in your market.

Seriously fuck timing belts who's idea was that. I have never owned a car with a timing belt and if I can help it, never will. Although it's kind of unavoidable...

In other news: Ford doesn't suck.

Also
>LOL Y U CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF U
>BUY THE CAR U WANT
>B-BUT PEOPOLE WILL THINK UR AN FAGET IF U DRIVE A MITSU, ALSO U AN FAGET IN GENERAL
This thread in a nutshell, anyone new coming in save yourself some reading.
>>
>>14070163
There's nothing wrong with timing belts. I prefer them to chains.
>>
>>14066826
>>14066802

Why does everyone seem to be mad that he's choosing a Lancer (Japanese shitbox) over a Civic or Corolla (also Japanese shitboxes). If he has the money and wants a car from the past 5 years, there's nothing wrong with that.

Is it the best car in that class? Probably not, but why be an asshole about it?
>>
what a bunch of angry and personal people
>>
>>14065635
>Is this good as my first car ?
Yes.

>>14068236
>seriously what's the magic behind these things
Japanese devilry.

>>14070410
Burgers don't like Mitsu. Muh Pearl Harbor, A6M, etc.

With that said it'd be a great idea to paint an Evo up like a Zero.
>>
>>14072115
>Burgers don't like Mitsu
Only retarded boomers. No one else cares.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.