[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electric is the future and ICE engines are for luddite privileged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: WHAT ARE THESE GOD DAMN FINNS.png (205 KB, 559x366) Image search: [Google]
WHAT ARE THESE GOD DAMN FINNS.png
205 KB, 559x366
https://my.teslamotors.com/it_IT/forum/forums/petition-ban-internal-combustion-engine-personal-vehicles
So /o/, are you ready to join the future?
>>
>>14064955
I'm still busy swearing at the FAA, please wait longer before banning more things.
>>
>>14064976
What did they ban this time
-t. Student pilot
>>
>>14064976
What'd they do now?
>>
>>14064984
>>14064982
Mandatory registration of all persons flying RC planes weighing .5 lbs or greater. You also need to supply your credit card number for "address verification".

Oh, and it's all managed by an unnamed contractor for extra security.
>>
>>14065002
ARE YOU FUUUCKING SHITTING ME IT'S A FUCKING RC TOY
>>
>>14065002
Oh boy that shit. At least it's unenforcable.
>>
>>14065002
AHAHAH OH WOW

FAA can suck my dick.
>>
File: 1425962642935.jpg (44 KB, 467x433) Image search: [Google]
1425962642935.jpg
44 KB, 467x433
>tfw 3rd world
>ICE wont be banned

top not-cucked
>>
>>14064955
>internal combustion engine engines
>>
Don't worry. The California Air Resource Board is going to ban all ICE sales starting in 2030.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/california-air-resources-board-chief-automakers-need-to-end-production-of-ices-around-2030/
>>
>>14065002
on the flip side, it's $5 and a course on really basic drone safety that dumbass dji phantom flyers need to hear anyway (dont fly into powerlines shit for brains), and it covers your entire fleet for five years, you just put a sticker with your ID number on your stuff, and carry a little pilot ID with you when flying.

it's dumb but it could have been way worse
>>
>>14066049
$5 per drone, and only 2-3 years.
>>
>ICE engine
yo op where do i get an engine that runs on ICE
>>
File: rc_plaane.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rc_plaane.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>14066058
Oh for fuck's sake, is THIS considered a goddamn drone?

Fucking govt retards fuck fuck fuck shitstains
>>
>>14065002
no ones going to do that.. its completely unenforceable.
>>
>>14064955
>my.teslamotors.com
batteries are shit and we wont use them in cars until the last drop of oil has gone. even then we might use synthetic fuel.
>>
>>14066065
You can thank all those fucksticks who bought a quadcopter and a gopro from Best Buy and flew them into the middle of congested airspace for ruining your fun.
>>
>>14066065
On what basis would you differentiate it?
>>
>>14066075
You're an idiot, electric has been rocking the R/C car world for a while now, beating out the nitromethane/alcohol powered cars. Materials technology just needs to catch up to make cars lighter and safer, and batteries could stand to get more energy-dense, but they're not bad at all.
>>
>>14066093
"drone" is a stupid word that makes people think of those Predator planes. Those ones with cameras are quadcopters, hexacopters, etc, or there's planes.
>>
>>14065711
My fellow 3rd worlder.
The things that you can get away with, /o/ wise, it's just too great.
>>
>>14066092
no
it was a dji phantom
its always ALWAYS a dji phantom.
every single "Drone flown somewhere fucking dumb by an idiot" story ends with 'it was a dji phantom'

ITS ALWAYS A DJI PHANTOM
>>
>>14066108
DJI phantoms are quadcopters. 4 vertical rotors = quad-copter
>>
>op gets btfo by several people
>"im not talking about a ban this is just a thread for intellectual discussion on how to cut down fossil fuel emissions!!!!"
>>
>>14066049
>its not THAT bad!
fuck off
>>
>>14064955

Holy fuck man, the people in that thread. It's like I'm really in 1984.
>>
>>14066100
Maybe you should look up the word "Drone". You might learn a few things.
>>
By Page 2 they're at each others throats
>>
Here's a gem

>@bigd. This is a common argument thrown out by EV haters. We had a long thread on this a while back initiated by myself because of all this stuff being fed to me by my Anti-Tesla buddies. While I recognize that there is some environmental cost to the production of batteries I have never seen any good calculations suggesting it is more environmentally unfriendly than the manufacture of ICE vehicles. Even this article concedes that as long as EVs are driven long enough the benefit swings toward the EV.

>The issue of dirty electricity is valid. The point being that electricity is being cleaned up and there is so much more potential for cleaning. I live in California where our electricity is pretty clean, although ironically our city is it's own utility and guess what? The mayor informed me that our electricity is cheap because we have a long term contract importing coal generated electricity from Utah. It's a good thing I installed solar panel because I am saving Utah's environment. So now my car and house are completely run off sunshine.

>By the way I wish we could ban ICE vehicles. I may be a crazy liberal but I'm also a realist.
>>
>>14066895
Did you forget to type 'of wisdom'?
>>
Hahahahah cause banning things always makes the situation better!

>instead of progressing and improving decent tech, let's just ban it because this other thing is marginaly better!

For fucks sake.
>>
>>14066162
hobbyists have absolutely no political power, and people are freaked out, of course something like this was going to happen, but again it could have been far worse
>>
>>14066845
I know what it is, I still think it's stupid.
>>14066895
To be fair he is right, if we want to clean up our act eventually electric is the way to go since it can be powered by whatever.
>>
>>14065711
>>14066106
oh boy do i love 1.0 turbos
>>
>>14064955
What the hell is wrong with these people? Tell them to fight pollution in China/India rather then bully people in the US about there ICE vehicles. Global warming is a fucking meme man.
>>
>>14066895
>While I recognize that there is some environmental cost to the production of batteries
What environmental cost does his guy think there is?
>>
>>14070137
he's thinking of ultra ultra dirty lithium mining in china because china does not give a single fuck
>>
>>14070141
Chinks are cheap and the cheapest way to get lithium is also the cheapest.
>>
>>14070145
cleanest
>>
>>14070152
>Clean
>>
>>14066093
A model airplane is unstable as fuck and cant hover. Civilian definition of "drone" is a quadracopter, because nobody has a Predator.
>>
>>14073170
>A model airplane is unstable as fuck and cant hover.
Wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzY1Q4gea8
>>
>>14066094

>WOW MY ELECTRIC BATTERY CAN POWER A TOY
>LOL XDDD ICE 0 ELECTRIC 1

Try harder, faggot.
>>
>>14074205
>>14074205

I'm talking about the big, 50+ real-world-mph ones. Electric motors, performance wise, destroy the internal combustion engines.

These things move out. Either we need to make the batteries energy-denser (and therefore lighter because less batteries) or make the cars lighter. That's the hurdle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeczWU8agIE
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.