[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why isn't there a racing series where all the cars have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1445808933185.png (399 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1445808933185.png
399 KB, 600x480
why isn't there a racing series where all the cars have no brakes?

imagine the hype.
>>
>>14064687
Because not every thread on /o/ is this shitty.
>>
>>14064695
i get it you're scared. look the corner comes around you wanna do brakey brakey? well that just means you have low test. that's how it is fella.
>>
Because everyone would just be going slow as fuck
>>
>>14064687

How about a racing endurance series dedicated to racing completely stock cars against each their competitors. Like Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry V Mazda6 and what not.

I'd watch the fuck out of it.
>>
>>14065080
It's a much better idea than OP's. Not sure about endurance though, since the cars aren't all that equal the faster ones would take off early on and the only hope of catching them would be if they crashed.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 329x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 329x281
>>14065080
>Corvette vs GT-R bone stock two-make series commentated by Alphonse and Frosty
>>
>>14065105

Good point. So we'll keep the racing to about the same length as touring car racing.

What would it be named?

>>14065125

You know you'd watch the fuck out of it and be the unfortunate witness to real life shitposting.
>>
>>14064687
Look up drag racing. You'll be amazed.
>>
>>14065080
This already pretty much exists, a lot of the slower classes in endurance racing are basically stock sedans and compacts with nothing but safety and reliability mods.
>>
>>14065181

Really? Post a link, please. I had no idea.
>>
I drove with no brakes and it was the most fun while being scared Ive ever had

it was in the snow and I was speeding too I ended up stuck in a ditch but I was laughing my ass off the entire time
>>
>brakes
>>
>>14065206
Off the top of my head, the first one I can think of is the NASA B-Spec series.

It's a race series for cheap subcompact cars, like the Mazda2, Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, etc. The cars have a bare minimum of mods, with the only big work being the rollcage and other interior safety stuff (seats, fire suppression, etc), basic coilovers to equalize the cars and allow them to be set up for race tires, A/C and stereos removed, and that's about it. The only engine mods are exhausts, which don't really make power and are mostly there to make the series more exciting for spectators.
>>
>>14065227
This desu senpai
>>
>>14065227
I came here to post flattrack
>>
>>14064687
Shell Eco Marathon
Not exactly "racing" and the cars do have brakes. But braking even once means you lost. The drivers drive accordingly (at 20mph...).
>>
>>14068657
holy shit that sounds boring
>>
>>14068674
It is...although sometimes it is quite hilarious. Like that one team which failed to reconnect their steering before starting a run. The driver drove straight into a wall instead of braking.
Also they changed the rules this year so you can´t overtake in the corners anymore. The reason being a few questionable moves by my university´s eco team, which they made to avoid braking.
Good enough to give us (the FSAE team) a good laugh here and there.
>>
File: paigejka1203131.jpg (135 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
paigejka1203131.jpg
135 KB, 960x638
>>14064687
>automobile keirin run on ovals
>>
>>14065227
I wish boardtrack racing would come back, imagine 200mph bikes on banked turns
>>
>>14064687
They should do this and just engine brake
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.