[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dream h/o/mes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12
All I want is a house like this. What is this even called? Walk-in garage? Well, shit, I'd settle for a regular attached garage.
I want an attachhed 3 car garage to wrench on my shitboxes, but every garage that big is attached to a massive fucking house which I don't need and is way out of my price range.
Post more pics like this so I can keep dreaming.
>>
File: A-Home-With-a-16-Car-Garage-05.jpg (323 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
A-Home-With-a-16-Car-Garage-05.jpg
323 KB, 1280x854
Have fun paying for heating and cooling
>>
>>14057907
That's for any big house, obviously.
>>
>>14057894
Just go to a detached garage anon. I made that compromise to save about 100k.

Side note, I had almost bought an old limo shop that had double height doors (4) and a separate paint booth. Had 3 bedrooms and a bath with a nice size living and dining room and kitchen. All for 73000. Needed replumbed but not a deal breaker, but the tuck pointing was a breaker.
>>
ayy

Id chop off some useless rooms though
>>
>>14057960
That would have been phenomenal. The houses I'm seeing are around 200k for usually 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, unfinished basement, 3 car garage, 1 acre lot. I see a few around the 150k range with smaller garages. I'm really looking for something closer to 100k. I did see one for 150 once that had a 2 car attached plus a second 2 car garage in the backyard. That one sol immediately, probably on the market for 2 days total.
>>
I want to buy a moderately sized warehouse with an office preferably in an unzoned location. If it is zoned industrial or commercial, as long as I can get live-in stipulation would be fine as well.
-can store all my cars inside
-plenty of room to work on said cars
-be in/close to town
-good internet connection options
-no neighbors to complain about cars in the yard
-no yard to mow
>>
>>14057969
>not having a bathroom in the master bedroom
>>
But don't you dump exhaust in your house every time you park?
>>
>>14058013
Interesting point. Ventilation? Kinda like the fans in bathrooms or a chemical hood thing if you wanted to do paint. It's not like you'd leave them in there idling all the time. Plus you wouldn't have to warm up your cars much - they're at room temperature.
>>
>>14058006
Basically this, minus the being in town thing. I'd rather be about 20 miles out of town, preferably with wilderness around.
>>
>>14058033
I mainly have the in town portion because in the boonies and good internet connection are virtually mutually exclusive. (But having a short drive to work/groceries ect. is nice too.)
>>
File: dindugaragev1.png (185 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
dindugaragev1.png
185 KB, 1000x1000
>>14057960
not OP but thought I'd weigh in because I too want a large pole barn or some other comparable building to wrench in.

I was talking to this guy from work and he said he had a pole barn big enough for 8 cars, amish built frame but he did all the interior/insulation/electrical and poured the pad for it, with a lift, small man-cave, loft, and a shower/bathroom for like $41,000 I think he told me is what he had in it.

Made me realize how fucking affordable it can be for a decent polebarn.

Pic related is what I think I'd need or want, just drew it up. I'd want it separate from the house and probably no windows so I can shut myself out from the world and focus on my work. Also very well lit, cannot focus with no light.

thoughts?
>>
>>14057894

You won't believe how much an open jerry can of gas will stink your garage in a matter of seconds.

Breh, if I lived in a Jay Leno style garage, I'd plumb a radiant heating systems in the floors and walls and have an RV in there that I could live in.
>>
>>14058274
Looks good. You should check out this guy on YouTube. His garage is gonna be fucking awesome once he builds it

https://youtu.be/NR-sz6DhwN0
>>
Friends dad had a normal size house under 3k ft^2 with a 3 car garage. His dad was a mechanic and they had a hydraulic lift. I cant wait for him to retire in Florida so I can buy that house.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 700x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 700x370
>>14057894
>>
nothing says "i dont work on my car" like a limestone floored garage.
>>
>>14058274
See, I like the idea of no bathroom so you avoid plumbing, but I don't like the idea of having to hike back inside or to an outhouse. Especially in the winter, or if you have beers.
>>
>>14058552
These pictures are just play houses for rich boys. Theres plenty of people that live in their real work shop/ car garage though

>>14059075
you need plumbing for a parts washer and hand sink ya dingus.
>>
What do I have to do to make exactly this?
>>
File: MotorplexAlex14.jpg (62 KB, 799x535) Image search: [Google]
MotorplexAlex14.jpg
62 KB, 799x535
>>14059139
>>
>>14059139
I want this. Literally just like 2 or 3 bays, a lift in one corner, and a loft like that with a bedroom and bathroom, and a kitchen kinda jumbled into a living room/kitchen/dining room kinda deal. would be amazing. could probably be had for cheaper than a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage 3/4 acre lot like what im dealing with
>>
>>14059150
>>14059139
earn more money
not get into debt from college
suq muhdiq money
boomers
ect
>>
>>14059098
It wasn't my idea, the floorplan literally says that's why he didn't put a bathroom in, I was just weighing on. Ya dingus.
>>
My dream house is literally any townhousy type deal but ideally I would like to find one next to an old car garage that went outa business. Room for like 6 plus cars..fuck maybe even a lift
>>
Op here. Some nice pics. I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants this. Too bad all the homes around here are 'practical' and 'family oriented' or whatever.
Maybe one day.
>>
>>14058541
That looks like a giant pain in the ass to pull down your snow board and kayak.
>>
File: 1411109741643.jpg (971 KB, 1200x1605) Image search: [Google]
1411109741643.jpg
971 KB, 1200x1605
>>14059160
My thoughts exactly, id also love to fit some kind of engine dyno in there somewhere.

>>14059169
How does one acquire "suq muhdiq money"?
I'd sell my body to science for this shit mang

>imagine this cozy shit with a single bay/lift
>>
>>14057960
sheeet i woulda bought that and if i really hated it that bad i woulda covered it or painted it
>>
im half way to owning a house like this

holy shit im so close
>>
File: 20141211_1424212.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
20141211_1424212.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1688
My house currently looks like this
>>
File: my dream1.jpg (253 KB, 1085x641) Image search: [Google]
my dream1.jpg
253 KB, 1085x641
>>14059253
But I want to build an addition with a garage downstairs.
>>
File: image.jpg (646 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
646 KB, 1600x1200
>>14057894
Maybe then I will be happy. No technology, just books and nature
>>
>>14059253
Mmm that looks cozy as fuck.
>>
I'd get a warehouse to be honest family. Like one with a garage in the back to park the cars and maybe build 3 rooms (kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom/office if possible to have both at once) then the rest is garage or whatever the fuck.

I personally wouldn't do project cars but dirt bikes and add a little course or something. Like Rob Dyrdek's fantasy factory type deal
>>
>>14059275
have fun being bored
>>
>>14059846
My bad, the first part for garage I meant garage door in the back
>>
>>14059846

Dude, dude, hear me out

A sonotube maze inside your warehouse, all dark with this playing in the PA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d9H_1ygEv8
>>
>>14057894
>yfw oil stains on the stone
>>
Honestly, I'd rather have a small, secluded modern home on the side of a mountainous region. Big homes feel empty.
>>
>>14058033
I 2nd this
>>
>>14060429
>yfw it looks like there is epoxy pads over where the cars park.
>>
>>14057894

i've never really dreamed about having one of the showroom type garages where you drive overpriced exotic into part of your house and have a bunch of stupid decorations including tools and shit so you can pretend you work on your bought not built car. give me a 50x50 pole barn at least a hundred or more feet from my house because i'm going to be grinding, welding, and doing all sorts of other obnoxious fabrication along with engine tests, mini hits, burnouts and the like. needs to be out of town too. so i can hit the back roads hard without cops and neighbors all over my ass.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.