[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying a motorcycle. Never had a big bike before.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Motorcycle-Accident-Lawyers.jpg (78 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
Motorcycle-Accident-Lawyers.jpg
78 KB, 640x425
Thinking about buying a motorcycle. Never had a big bike before. What should I know about motorcycles?
>>
>>14057661
>>/dbt/
>>
they have two wheels
>>
Theyve only got two wheels.
>>
>>14057661
When it rains always try to drive on the painted parts of the road. Has the most traction!
>>
>>14057668
>>14057669
dat hivemind
>>
>>14057661
The most safe ones are, on average, deadlier than the least safe cars.
>>
My gf works at a physical therapy place and like 75% of those fuckers are from motorcycle shit.
>>
>>14057708
Does she help the patients with stress relief?
>>
what the fuck happened to the daily bike thread?
i cant find it
>>
>>14057708
Just curious, were they actually wearing gear or 3kool5skool squids?
>>
Never ride when the roads are wet if you can help it.

Always wear a helmet, if it's legal not to in your state.

Get a leather jacket and zip it up. Last thing you want to do is slide 100ft down pavement in a t shirt.

Don't wear your nice shoes.

Don't cut through traffic.

Basically just don't be a retard or asshole.
>>
>>14057776
Did you hear what happened to jimmy?
>no what happened?
He slid into a guard rail at 40mph.
>oh no is he okay?!
Yeah he's fine his road leathers protected his bones from shattering.

Do you really think it makes a difference anon?
>>
Daily Bike Thread right over heeeeere

>>14055225

>>14055225

>>14055225

>>14055225

>>14055225

>>14055225
>>
>>14057803
Actually most "everyday" damage is done to lower extremities.

Wear armored pants, too, and boots that go over the ankle. No, your work boots won't do. Get proper armored motorcycle boots, you'll see the difference.
>>
>>14057708
>works with bikers all day
Yeah she cucking you mate
>>
>>14057708
I work in an ER and less than 5% of our patients come from motorcycle accidents. And that's only during riding season, which is considered 7-8 mos here in the Midwest.
>>
>>14057708
That's bullshit. Stroke victims are 75% of any physical therapy operation/outfit.
>>
>>14057776
Statistically motorcycles are actually pretty safe (as they can be anyway), what kills people when you break down the statistics in the hurt report are:
Drinking while driving
Speeding
Having no professional training
Not wearing a helmet

Most people speed on motorcycles ("Hurr if you're not gonna speed just get a car!") and don't bother to get training so I'm sure you can imagine why so many people die on them.

Basically OP don't be a fucking retard and do any of those things and then your chances of hurting yourself drop dramatically. Go take courses, don't go 65 in a school zone, don't ride like the streets are a fucking race track, don't listen to faggots who call you a fagget for taking a 15mph turn at 15mph instead of knee dragging it at 50.

Even most SMIDSY situations are caused by retards speeding rather than inattentive drivers.

Seriously just DONT FUCKING SPEED AND WEAR A HELMET.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.