[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I fight this /o/? I have no money and am currently fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: WIN_20151216_023102.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151216_023102.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
Can I fight this /o/?
I have no money and am currently fighting an unrelated court case I am innocent of.
>I think I am not supposed to be driving as terms of my bail but am not sure
I don't want my parents to find out about it because of the previous reason (yes I am 19 and living with my parents).
Should I try to fight it?
The cop was nice and said I was going faster than he wrote on the ticket but I don't want it to fuck up my other shit if convicted.
Should I just try to fight it in court or find a way to make $120 within 2 weeks?
Thanks guys.
>I ain't proud of it, nor do I imagine I'm any good at it, but I'll suck your dick or w/e if you'll help me pay it off and you're around Olympia, WA.
I'm a straight guy btw but desperate times, well....
>>
>>14055310
Time to sell your playstation
>>
>>14055315
I'd rather let my padres know then do that.
Trust me, they'd know if something was up if I sold my console and/or any games for it.

I'm not trying to dissuade ideas but, do you have any other ones?
That one doesn't really help -_-
>>
I think your best bet is to fight it. It costs nothing and there's at least a chance it will be dismissed.
>>
>>14055320
That was my thought as well, but at the same time.
What if the cop shows up and I'm convicted?
If I'm right about not being able to drive about being on bail due to the other case, will I get automatically arrested? Or will it simply be more evidence against me?
I'm honestly considering an-heroing for the first time in almost a year.
>>
>>14055326
Only you know the terms of your bail and what the charges are. Asking people here will do no good without knowing what they are.
>>
>>14055310
Wow 9 over limit. That's almost required here in Georgia.
>>
>>14055310
>asking 4chan for legal advice
Bruh.
>>
>>14055335
OP said he was going faster than that but the cop wrote 9 over to be nice.
>>
>>14055326
They didn't pull your license did they? Nowhere is it written that you can't drive while on bail.
>>
>>14055326
If you don't fight it, it's legally the same as being convicted.
You've got nothing to lose. The court system doesn't punish people for disagreeing with a police officer (at least officially it doesn't).
>>
>>14055343
If you read the OP he says the terms of his bail probably don't allow him to drive, but he isn't sure.
>>
>>14055349
Oh, I grazed over that bit.
nvm then.
>>
>>14055343
He did pull my liesence but didn't say anything about it.
I'm not sure if that means I could actually drive or if he didn't have the info or if he did but didn't do anything about it.
>>14055346
I'll probably do that. I have no way of making money so unless I get a windfall I'll probably go to court over it. Crossing my fingers desu,
>>14055334
I mean, I'm not sure, I think it possibly could've been one of the requirments but I'm not 100%. To be fair, the judge that arranged my bail was kind of a bitch but still.
>>
>>14055349
He should know if he still has his license.
If he does, he can drive.
If they pulled his license, he can't.

He's probably banned from travelling, which means leaving the state, and misunderstood that.
>>
>>14055349
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't return your license if you weren't supposed to drive. Then again I had a friend get a DUI and his license was never suspended.
>>
>>14055354
If there was any sort of suspension on your license the lookup would've showed that. Your best bet would to try to get a consultation with a pro bono lawyer if you're that concerned about it.
>>
>>14055354
Ask the attorney handling your case.
>>
>>14055355
I've traveled out of state a few times already.
Went to Alaska once and Hawaii twice desu.
Though they've never asked about it in court and the airport security has never brought it up so I'm not sure.
>>14055356
That's a good point and exactly what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if the cop was being EXCEPTIONALLY nice or not.
>>14055362
>>14055363
Ok, I'll do that. Probably the best course of action. Don't know why I didn't think of that. However I'm still worried what he will say. My former lawyer left the public defenders office and I got assigned a new one a month ago. But I've only met him once 2 weeks ago and he seems kind of odd desu. I hope he knows the best path honestly.
>>
pay your denbts, greece
>>
I haven't got a ticket in years, plus this stuff varies by state, so I'm not 100% sure, but isn't there a way to get it deferred? I.e. you promise to drive clean for a year or some set time frame, and if you comply, you get no points off your license and it just kinda falls off? But if you do get another ticket, then you're just fucked.
>>
Sell plasma, go to a daily labor place, ask friends.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 333x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 333x293
>>14055319
>let my padres

>having 2 dads
>>
The only time your license will be suspended before court is on a DUI.
In CA you have 10 days after arrest until it's suspended. You can request a hearing before those 10 days and get the suspension postponed.

As far as the speeding ticket.. you aren't going to win unless he doesn't show up. What you can do is request a continuance by mail and deal with it in 6 months after your other court case is settled.

>considering an-heroing
Dude.. you're 19. This is literally nothing. A blink of an eye in context of your entire life.
>>
$120 is nothing, just ask your parents. Own up to your mistakes.
>>
>>14055631

Depends on the state and city. Deferred disposition isn't a nationwide option, but it looks like it is an option where OP lives.

>>14055310

The simplest answer is "Stop breaking the law, asshole." If you knew you weren't supposed to be driving, then may you shouldn't have been speeding when you decided that those McNuggets were too irresistible to eat.

But, patronizing is the easy thing to do, so here are your options:

-Fight it. But it sounds like you have no grounds for dismissal as you were likely not even supposed to be driving to begin with.

-Deferred Disposition. You still have to pay the fine, but it won't show up on your record. The only issue with this is if you are convicted in your other lawsuit, it may null the disposition and you'll be instantly found guilty of this speeding ticket (which will show up on your record).

Either way, you had better find a way to pony up the money because you are likely going to have to pay the fine either way.
>>
go sell baby powder to china
>>
>>14055868
Spain br/o/ here.
Padres = Parents
Tios = Aunt and Uncle
Abuelos = Grandparents
The male is dominant, when you make the male version of a relative plural it turns it into the plural of the associated word in english.
>>
>>14056048
>missing the joke
>>
>>14056069
Man, Americans browse this board. I have to assume the average IQ is 90.
>>
>>14056326
>Burrito speak
>Calling anyone else stupid
Top kek, go type jajaja on some YouTube comments you fuckin beaner.
>>
>>14056540
>spain = mexico

friendly reminder this is how bad american education is
>>
>>14055310
You don't know how to make $120 you unproductive piece of shit
>>
File: WhichWay.jpg (63 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
WhichWay.jpg
63 KB, 1440x900
>>14055371
>Visited Alaska and Hawaii
>Has to sell 'his' playstation to pay for a $120 ticket.

Just ask your parents like you do for everything else, spoiled brat. Pro tip: Hiding shit from your parents never works and you'll get fucked in the long run anyway.
>>
>>14055310

What fucking communist state do you live in where they pull your license for nine over.

Here in new orleans all you do is literally show up request trial. The officer she's up 20% of the time. And if he does say you werent speeding. And if you can't get that far say you were doing 5 over half which is more than half the ticket less plus court cost.

But what ever shit hole you live in might crucifi you.
>>
>>14056543
there is literally no difference. youre all 3rd world brown people to us glorious americans
>>
File: 1367313929812.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1367313929812.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
>>14056540
>proving his point
hey, i know you burgers are pretty fucking retarded, but that just takes the cake. (literally you fat fuck)
>>
File: states d.png (258 KB, 313x398) Image search: [Google]
states d.png
258 KB, 313x398
>>14056590
>americucks belive this
>>
>>14055310
>but I'll suck your dick or w/e

Ugh, you're so dumb anon. Why didn't you tell the cop that when he pulled you over? You fucked it up.
>>
>>14056601
>implying that black guy isn't american too
even the niggers in america are better off than you
>>
>>14056640
>he says this
>while getting shot by a virgin and falling into debt because he couldnt afford medical insurance
>>
>>14056601
me on the right
>>
>>14056655
>implying our medical insurance isn't top dollar because its top quality
tell us more about your free healthcare at the local witchdoctor
>>
>>14056693
>all this mad
http://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6

enjoy calling a taxi everytime you get shot because you cant pay 100k for an ambulance
>>
File: 1435954636962.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
1435954636962.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>14056540
>>
>>14056720
>healthcare system is the same as healthcare

europoor education everyone
>>
>>14058294
>Making meaningless distinctions to save face
>>
>>14055326
Just fight it. If you lose, same as if you didn't fight it. You can always beg for mercy and at least not get points so that insurance doesn't jack up your rates.
>>
>>14055310
Just set the court date back as far as you can.
>>
>>14060804
>If you lose, same as if you didn't fight it.

No it isn't, you faggot. If you lose they assess court fees too. I had to pay 65 dollars more for trying to fight a 54 in a 50 thinking they would for sure be understanding and drop it. No, those fucking niggers fleeced me. Twice.
>>
>>14055310
jesus nigga how fast were you going?
i got hit with laser doing 50-55 just yesterday morning

damn son pull up! PULL UP!
>>
>>14055326
>I'm honestly considering an-heroing for the first time in almost a year.
Over a speeding ticket? You're on par with the kid who lost his iPod and an herod.
>>
>>14060854
>I only broke the law a little
Sounds like they understood just fine tbpf (to be perfectly frank).
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.