[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Stance" about to be BTFO in Bongland. Life is good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
"Stance" about to be BTFO in Bongland.
Life is good.
>>
>>14049496
>Living in a country that didn't already have this illegal
Protip: 0% of stanced cars are load rated properly
>>
>>14049496
What's this for, MOTs?
Stancefags will just throw on a normal set of wheels for the test and then instantly turn it back into a stancemobile.
>>
>>14049496
doing that shit was banned fucking years ago over here.
Too many dickheads having blowouts in their hotted up shit box cars at 200km/h.
>>
File: car_sofa.jpg (36 KB, 425x323) Image search: [Google]
car_sofa.jpg
36 KB, 425x323
>>14049503
I think it was only legal because the authorities didn't expect anyone to be quite this retarded and didn't provision laws for it in the first place.
According to the MOT this is more road legal than stanceshit.
>>
>>14049505
Afaik the cops are starting to pull these faggots up for it when they pull them over.
>>
Kinda unrelated, but lurking /o/ made me realize that we have it a lot better here in Bongland when it comes to cars than most of the world.
Cheapish cars.
No crazy taxes, just road tax once per year.
Twisties.
MOT is a joke.
>>
>>14049515
My biggest problem is that this is completely up to the cops at the time.
Aus law is based on numbers, if it's load rated and within [x]% of the original rolling diameter, nobody gives a shit. Because all stance shit is so much smaller, they're never load rated.
Meanwhile, if you want a bit of stretch for practical reasons (wheels are 9" but any more than 245s scrub), it's still easy to be legal.

All this will do is cause a counter culture in your country, where now shitbox diesel golfs with 0.1mm of suspension travel will be rolling around with 5" wide wheels and 235s for opposite stretch
>>
>>14049515
>I think it was only legal because the authorities didn't expect...

I think this thinking shows the difference between the US and the rest of the world.
>>
>>14049496
Stance was hardly a thing here anyway - people tend to have grown out of it by the time they can afford the insurance costs. What few cars do get stanced tend to be aging VW diesels, Jap people carriers and other shit no-one cares about.
>>
>>14050160
I see plenty of stanced shitboxes up here in Scotland though. Mainly VW's and Vauxhalls, although no-one in their right mind cares about those cars they still exist.
>>
damn it feels good to be an American

enjoy your no fun allowed
>>
>>14050160
stance literally started in europe
>>
>>14050578
not so fast amerifat. california and texas are both considering anti-stance regulations. excessive negative camber and stretched tires are are a big part of the regulations. if those 2 states enact those restrictions. most other states will follow suit. once it passes anywhere, the insurance lobby will push it everywhere. states will have no choice.
>>
>>14050621
>if those 2 states enact those restrictions. most other states will follow suit.
That's not how it works, hence why all other states haven't adopted retarded emissions regulations or inspections.
>>
>>14050621
California and Texas are literally the 2 worst states in the country

and no

if they pass some stupid shit it doesnt mean the rest of the country is following
>>
Muh freedumbs
>>
>>14050634
>California and Texas are literally the 2 worst states in the country
butthurt flyover detected
>>
>>14050656
>implying Im not East coast

fuck your shit
>>
>>14050656
CO fag here. He's right, they're both terrible but for different reasons.
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (52 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
52 KB, 640x478
>>14050656
California would be great if not for shit residents ruining it.

Texas is just bad altogether
>>
>>14050664
>CO
>Not terrible
lol??
>>
>>14050631
>retarded emissions regulations
>wanting to live in a smoggy hell hole like Beijing
People that call Commifornias emission regulations retarded truly are cancer. And cause cancer. Blowing out tons of emissions in buttfuck no where flyoverstan doesn't really matter a whole lot but when you do that shit in LA with insanely high traffic density shit sucks.
>>
>>14050691
And what is wrong with CO besides the cancer that is californians moving to Denver in droves?
>>
>>14050699
Again, would be great without the residents ruining it.
>>
>>14050656
>Texas
>not flyover
>>
>>14050703
Fucking this

Also Texans
>Move to Colorado
>Always talk about how California/Texas is better
So move back there ya retard
>>
>>14049536
>No crazy taxes
No just the third highest fuel duty tax in the world, and a country that doesn't tax aviation fuel because fuck motorists.
>>
>>14050597
>what is bosozoku?
>what is cal-style?
>>
>>14050621
Many states don't have smogging or vehicle inspections so those kinds of laws are almost impossible to enforce
>>
>>14049505
If you drive an unsafe vehicle on public roads, your MOT will be revoked by the police and they'll force a retest within a week.

MOTs are a fucking joke though, my mate has a punto with holes in the floor which passed, by my E46 failed because the ABS light had a blown bulb
>>
File: 1447399474969.gif (479 KB, 434x444) Image search: [Google]
1447399474969.gif
479 KB, 434x444
>>14050714
Story time? Story time.

>go fishing with dad and grandpa
>get there fairly early, no one around
>two hours later two guys show up
>both are easily 250 pounds
>they're quite loud
>this means they're texans
>they proceed to talk so goddamn loud, we can hear every word from 50 yards away
>as if the fishing wasn't bad enough when it was quiet
>guy gets on his phone
>how the fuck does he even have reception out here?
>continues to talk with the voice of the gods
>they manage to actually hook something
>reels it in and then lets it flop on the shore for literally five minutes while he finishes the call
>finally looks at the fish and decides it's too small
>it also swallowed the hook
>instead of just cutting a 20 cent hook off his line he rips it out and tosses the fish back in
>wonders why it doesn't swim away and they start chucking rocks at the dead fish as if it will swim away
Fuck Texans.
>>
>>14050732
the extreme stretched tires, which this thead is talking about, started in europe not japan.
>>
>>14050748
>MOTs
Fucking FFFFUCK MOTs.
>take car in
>wooden brakes, takes me about 100 metres to stop from 30mph, have to use handbrake to assist
>explain that to tester and beg him to fail it on th me brakes so my stingy company will finally fucking pay to fix them
>car passes MOT
>are you serious
>"brakes are fine mate"
>"handbrake got an advisory though, might want to get that looked at soon bruv"
>>
>>14050749
Fucking Texans mang
>>
>>14050794
Should've went to a dealership, those cunts will fail you for fuck all.
>>14049536
Other than insurance companies making it prohibitively expensive to insure some cars because reasons.
>>
>>14050794
>>14050748
>have a friendly garage
>pay 100 quid

Boom, fresh MOT on a dangerous, rotten shitbox.
>>
>>14051018
>Other than insurance companies making it prohibitively expensive to insure some cars because reasons.

Eh, that's only really the case if you're under 21 or live in the middle of London.
>>
>>14050691
Confirmed for never having been to Colorado.
>>
>>14050578
Why are you feeling good that we still allow this shit?
>>
>>14051102
Freedom also means freedom to be a fucktard and do dumb things to your own property.
The same people that outlaw stance will eventually move on to outlawing the next modification they can think of - and who knows, then next one might be something you enjoy.

The slippery slope is real.
>>
>>14051117
>he thinks he has freedom
>>
>>14051117
I think if they stop at tires it'll be fine.
>>
>>14051189
first they'll take your stretch
then they'll take your guns
then they'll take you
>>
>>14051117
This isn't about muh "freedom to be a fucktard", banning this is about the safety of other road users that don't deserve to be in an accident thanks to your hubris.
There are suprisingly few things you can't register as road legal in Bongistan.
Pic related
>>
absolutely fucking based

i was thinking of moving to scotland but now with this i will move ASAP

fucking stancefaggots
>>
>>14051117
>mad stancefaggot
Take your victim complex back to stance nation.
>>
>>14050634
They're both actually great States.

I think you're just from a small, unimportant state and can't grasp that more money and more diverse people generally equates to a less Trump friendly society, regardless of where you are.

Welcome to the future gramps.
>>
>>14051303
Spotted the SJW nigger femwhore.
>>
>>14051303
>unimportant state
That's not very communist of you, commie.
>>
>>14051303
The problem is they're filled with shitty people.
>>
>>14050714
>>14050703

damn it feels good to be a Washingtonian.
>>
>>14050699
Industrial pollution causes more harm than cars you retarded jackass
>>
>>14051561
Not in urban areas.

Location and concentration of the pollution matters more than the outright quantity. If LA's 15 million cars were out cruising the countryside every day instead of driving through the middle of the region where everyone lives and works, no one would give a fuck.
>>
>>14051281
>>14051189
I'm not even a stancefag, I just believe in freedom. If Jesus Gonzales wants to ruin his car, that's his problem. Now, if he's crawling along at 5mph stalling traffic so he doesn't crack his oil pan, then by all means, give that fucker a ticket.
>>
>>14051738
But it doesn't hurt anyone but stancefags to introduce tire stretch rigs.
>>
File: 1403882178974.jpg (56 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
1403882178974.jpg
56 KB, 498x500
>>14050714
>tfw born in California but parents moved to Colorado when I was 3 so I was never infected with whatever turns Californians into giant assholes
>none of the natives ever suspect me of not being just another Coloradan
>openly bitch about Californians and Texans to me
>feel like a nigger sneaking into a klan meeting
>>
>>14051858
That means you've been properly assimilated. The issue with texans and califags is that they move here to get away from texas and cali but a year later start bitching that it's not texas/cali and try to change the local area into it.
>>
File: latest[2].png (454 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
454 KB, 1200x800
why do americans belive freedom = I can act stupid

I have the freedom to drive around without some special snowflake cuckold stancefaggot endareging me and other people with his shitty modifications
>>
>>14051858
>>14051874
>fly over fags just sit around all day bitching about California.
pathetic.
>>
>>14051919
Hey ese, don't get loco, you should be building wall.
>>
>>14051919
>CO
>flyover state
Totally why everyone and their mother comes here for vacation or just moves in.
>>
>>14049538
>wheels are 9" but any more than 245s scrub
You mean 225, right? 245s fit on 10s.
>>
>>14052526
No, you would put a 225 on a 7 or 8 inch wide wheel. 9 is pushing it but kind of acceptable.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.