[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radiator/Hose problemo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: IMG520201.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG520201.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
Was losing coolant and temperature gauge has been slowly going up over the past three months.

After watching the radiator for a while I found out the fluid is coming from the top hose and so I replaced it yesterday with a new hose and a new clamp.

I saw no fluid for about thirty minutes and called it good but while running errands today I watched the temp gauge go back up to 3/4 which is a no no for me.

I have no idea how the fluid is getting out from the same area considering I
Put a new hose on
Put a new clamp on
Put sealer on the area before the flare valve.

Picture shows how much came out in only fifteen minutes of driving.

I'm just not sure what else I can do to this?
>>
File: IMG520202.jpg (1 MB, 3023x2313) Image search: [Google]
IMG520202.jpg
1 MB, 3023x2313
Picture of top down
>>
>>14049467
Looks like you have already repaired the upper hose bipple before. Go to Autozone and ask for the Coolant pressure test kit to rent. Select the right adapter, screw onto rad cap hole and pump to the pressure rated on your cap. You will instantly find your leak.
>>
>>14049499
The coolant is coming from the hose area you can see some in the 2nd picture.

How is the fluid getting past the flare, clamp, sealer?

I'm not sure what doing the pressure test will show since I know where the leak is?
>>
>>14049550
But you don't know where the leak is, that's the problem. If you did, the problem would be fixed but you are here on /o/. So listen faggot and Ill help you get your shitbox going.

Do what I said above. It looks like someone has already had to use putty or plastiweld to fix a cracked hose beck. Look at your pic, there's some whitish pink putty with lines through it on the radiator. That's most likely where the leak is, but get a pressure tester to be sure.
>>
>>14049576
Bruh that's some type of sealer shit that my uncle put on before we put the hose on trying to make sure it had no way to get coolant past.

It's just a bunch of excess from the tube being a shit and it's a shitbox so we didn't wipe it all off.

The leak was happening before that putty looking shit was there and with the old hose it leaked in the same way.
>>
>>14049598
You still aren't listening so fuck it. Go buy another new hose, it wont work either. The putty may actually be hurting you as it is not smooth and allows for air gaps. I'm going to say ots a cracked neck that is separating when pressure is applied by the hose clamp and coolant. That or your hose is wrong sized but that's unlikely.
>>
File: tbhfam.png (1 MB, 955x880) Image search: [Google]
tbhfam.png
1 MB, 955x880
>>14049710
So i'll go rent this tool to see if I can get a better look at where it may be cracked then. Best way to seal that crack would be?

Thanks for the help fuckboi.
>>
>>14049758
God you are a absolutely retarded piece of shit. No wonder your car is breaky.

if u have a broken radiator take it to a.rad shop so they can fix it. Its not really somethingyou are going to fix. Especially if u have already tried stop leak.
>>
>>14049758
You're welcome. You will be able to visibly see where the coolant is coming from as the pressure will force it out. If it comes from around the hose, doble check the hose size but my guess is a split radiator neck.

And you're welcome faggot.
>>
>>14049758
And best way to seal the deal guaranteed is super simple: A new radiator. You can use liquid glass but I don't recommend it at all or any stop leak for that matter. Either fix it right or take it to a shop and pay more for the same job. Radiators are simple to replace. What car btw?
>>
>>14049884
if u do use stop leak. The best is the gm tablets (lol north star engine) just go tk a chevy stearlership and buy some. They have two types. One for aluminum blocks and one for iron. Make sure to get the right one.

The shit does its job fairly well, it sealed a big crack between freezplugs on my old 390fe. Just dont put too much. I did and had to flush the system and replace a freeze plug that debris had settled behind and caused to rust out. Seal still held after all that bs. Also it takes about a week to seal...really odd shit, made out of cancer and walnut shells...those gm people i tell u hwut
>>
>>14049922
Yeah.... Don't apply Northstar fixes to any vehicle not equipped with a north star.
>>
>>14049977
nigger. Its just stop leak...as long as you only put in one or two tabs your fine...i put in a whole package...its literally just a stop leak designed by gm. One that actually works.
>>
>>14049781
Gotta learn to be less of a retarded piece of shit somehow.

>Stop leak ever in a radiator

>>14049871
thanks senpai

>>14049977
>>14050155
you fukn wut m8
>>
>>14050155
No. Any engine that asks for stop leak tablets as opposed to new gaskets is a piece of shit. The fact that GM even suggest someone do this as preventative maintenance throws up so many red flags in going to open a flag shop. I should call you a nigger because by definition its a lazy or worthless person and only a nigger would fix an engine like GM wants you to 'fix' the Caddy.
>>
>>14049462
>>14049467
in both of these pics you can see coolant leaking where the tank is attached to the core. You need a new radiator anon
>>
>>14050155
Not sure if troll or actual retard.
>>
>>14049781
>implying its not just easier to buy a new radiator for 100 bucks and swap in the new one
Less than an hours work
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.