[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some reliable trucks in the $5K to $7,500 range? Looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: brock-thinking.jpg (66 KB, 612x574) Image search: [Google]
brock-thinking.jpg
66 KB, 612x574
What are some reliable trucks in the $5K to $7,500 range?

Looking for a truck mostly to haul shit and tow my little 18' boat. Could possibly deal with a V4 or V6 to be easier on gas as it would also be my DD.

Should I only stick to American brands? I've always had the impression that Japan/Europe makes shit trucks.
>>
>>14049424
My daily driver is an older model Tahoe
Its still got stock everything including 5.3 liter vortec V6,
Its got 300,000 miles now and hasn't needed any real work except for when a faggot smart car smacked it while parked, I needed a new bumper
>he died
It handles small boats well, and can be found cheap
>>
Whatever you do, forget about Rangers. As reliable as they are, their tow rating has always been complete garbage. As for mid size trucks the Tacoma has always had a decent capacity, even back in the 90s it already towed 3500-5000 lbs. You can get a Colorado younger than ten years old for this little money, but its tow capacity depends heavily on the model and can be as low as 2000 lbs and as high as 6000 lbs.

Other than those it's safer to look at older full size trucks in terms of towing, though of course those will have worse mileage, become lethargic with anything less than a V8 and are less convenient to daily drive. The first gen Tundra wasn't quite full size and might be worth a look.
>>
File: 00z0z_6LmkfYOqhuG_50x50c.jpg (1 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
00z0z_6LmkfYOqhuG_50x50c.jpg
1 KB, 50x50
>>14049471
Searched Craigslist for those 2 trucks and only got 1 result. Mostly just F150 and Ram 1500 around here.

$7,500
2000 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab
4x4 V6 Auto 157k miles

The tailgate looks pretty beat up but the inside is clean.
>>
>>14049458
>he died
Kek
>>
>>14049424
>>>>>>>v4
>>
File: 1443194643366.jpg (59 KB, 387x520) Image search: [Google]
1443194643366.jpg
59 KB, 387x520
>v4

>v6

What are you a faggot?

no V8, no diesel? Into the trash.
>>
>>14049424
What kind of boat?
>>
>>14049747

18' Carolina Skiff CC. It's about 1,100lb dry.
>>
5.3L trucks are solid
tundras are also a good choice.
ABSOLUTELY NO DODGE or NISSAN!
>>
>>14049801
Pretty much any truck can handle it. Hell my GTO could've pulled that to and from a lake. God help me if those rears touched the water when unloading, though.

I'd look for the nicest Tacoma or Tundra 4X4 you could find.

Older Tundras aren't fuckhueg so they're livable to DD, also they don't hold value as well as Tacomas (nothing does) so you may be able to snag a bit more truck.
>>
>>14049801
Eh, any four cylinder mid-size like a Ranger, B series Mazda, Nissan Hardboard or Toyota pickup is more than adequate if you didn't specifically want a V6. And your concerns of Japanese pickup quality and build are false.
>>
>>14049424
Here's an example of why you should get a GM
>older model Tahoe
>5.3 liter vortec V6
anon either meant 4.3 instead of 5.3 or V8 instead of V6
>Its got 300,000 miles
He could have either one, in most cases the engine will outlive the rest of the car which is why people people who don't practice proper maintenance have to buy a shitty ford with a badass warranty
>>
>>14052326
>>14049458
>>
F150 with a 4.6
chebby/gmc with a 5.3
ram with a 5.9
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.