[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/. Lets say I hypothetically wanted to get rid of my car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
Hey /o/. Lets say I hypothetically wanted to get rid of my car and have insurance pay for it, if you catch my drift. How could one go about this?
>>
brake check someone and hope 1) you survive 2) neither your victim nor any passerby have dashcams
>>
>>14049242
That wouldn't total the car until you're racing or something.
>>
>Have dashcam.
>Wait for someone to do something retarded, like run a stop sign or try to merge into you.
>Don't react defensively and let them hit you.

Probably the safest way, but it might take a few while.
>>
>park it in a shitty part of town
>give a friend an extra key
>having him take the car
>get outside of town, bust all the windows out
>drive it into a wooded area and light it on fire

call insurance and tell them it was stolen
>>
>>14049452
Most keys are wireless and coded into the system. When they find the vehicle, you're going to have to have a good story as to why your car was started with a key.
>>
>>14049231
Drive directly into a tree.

There was a person on the road and you swerved to avoid, they ran off. Get police report, telling this same to them.

/thread
>>
>>14049463
My 2014 isn't
You can start it with a home depot copy
>>
>>14049231
See if there Is there a way to put something under it that the catalytic converter would catch fire?

When I was a kid there was a fire in my school parking lot in the fall because someone parked on a pile of leaves and the hot catalytic converter caught the leaves on fire. Burned the car to the ground. Fire department came and put it out but it was already fucking rekt.
>>
>>14049474
>Someone sees you and reports that you just drove into their tree like a moron.
>>
>>14049650
Snitches get stitches, and unless you're a retard you're doing this at night anyway.
>>
>all these people giving actual advice
FUCK OFF OP, I'm not paying your new car with my insurance rates.
>>
>>14049446

But I don't have a few while to wait
>>
One of my friends in high school set his Ford F-150 on fire to get the insurance money. He pulled the truck into a roadside rest stop out in the middle of nowhere to do it. The problem was that nice people kept stopping to help put it out. It took a couple of hours to get it burned up enough to total. Turns out the stupid shit only had liability.
>>
File: 1449847930694.gif (1004 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449847930694.gif
1004 KB, 320x240
Someones upside-down because they're poor faggots that had to get a loan on their shitbox.....

Kek.
>>
File: 1426690692869.gif (2 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1426690692869.gif
2 MB, 280x210
>>14049674
>lets add assault to go along with the insurance fraud charges

its like some people try to be scrubby and low class.
>>
>>14049695
Dumb fuck.
>>
>>14049231

I knew someone who sold the car for cash in Mexico and then claimed it was stolen... or outside the state or something? Either way she bought a brand-new tahoe with the profits??

She is a scummy person. Don't do it.
>>
File: 1401097936642.jpg (23 KB, 248x195) Image search: [Google]
1401097936642.jpg
23 KB, 248x195
>>14049695
>Turns out the stupid shit only had liability.
>>
File: image.png (15 KB, 477x539) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15 KB, 477x539
we call this 'Jewish Lightening'
>>
>>14049695
Fucking L O L
>>14049231
You absolutely need to make it look like it was stolen. Find a way to open the door without a key, and not break the window. Buy a screwdriver, hammer into the ignition. Wear gloves this whole time. If they find your fingerprints on anything related to the theft of the car, you're beat.

Drive it way out into the woods, crash it gently into the woods. Don't get hurt during this step. If you're all beat up, and your car is "stolen" and crashed, things begin to look a little sus. Worse still if you get injured enough to need an ambulance.

Next, with your getaway ride handy, dump a gallon of diesel fuel into the cabin, around the drivers seat mainly. Dump some into the engine as well. Ignite and leave. Report stolen in the morning.
>>
>>14049735
>if they find your finger prints
>in your car
what do you wear gloves and sterile suits every time you go to the store?
>>
>>14049735
so fucking stupid. >wear gloves >so your finger prints arn't in your own damn car... literally retarded.
>>
>>14049716
>Don't do it.

only good opinion ITT. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>14049745
>>14049743
>If they find your fingerprints on anything related to the theft of the car
>anything related to the theft of the car

Can you read? If some dickhead stole his car and started it with a screwdriver, ran it into the forest and burned it, how would his fingerprints get on the screwdriver mr. nignog used?
>>
>>14049765
Why golly gee good sir, i'd just figured that maybe you don't LEAVE THE FUCKING SCREWDRIVER IN THE CAR LIKE A RETARD
>>
>>14049782
Oh nice, now you're in possession of an item used in the theft of a vehicle. Your own vehicle.

You have to treat this like 2 separate events. Stealing your car with no evidence, and then totaling your car, with no evidence. If the operation gets botched at any part, you can't be caught with your pants down.

Your inability to consider it from every angle leads me to believe you would stand a decent chance of being caught.
>>
>>14049819
Or, because i'm not a fucking retard, i crash my car into a tree and say there was a person on the road.

But, no, please go ahead with your fucking swabbing down of screwdrivers and sneaking around with a subtle ski mask on
>>
File: dd.png (3 KB, 244x465) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
3 KB, 244x465
>>14049231
>>14049231
try and get in a head on collision when someone drives on the wrong side to get a head of traffic and turn left
>>
>>14049839
Not that Anon, but I imagine the crash option is also pretty easy to get caught with. Cops are used to doing accident investigations and figuring out where the brakes were hit, the skidmarks, tiretracks, etc. So you'd have to make it a legit scenario and really hit the car hard enough to total it, which is a bit of a gray area. It has to be fast enough to total the car, but not so fast that it kills you.

I agree with the other anon in saying investigators are probably pretty quick at figuring this stuff out. Only a moron assumes the cops are dumb, you assume they are very smart if you want to get away with a crime.
>>
>>14049839
This whole time I was approaching it with the idea of not getting injured/killed.

However, blowing into a tree at 40mph is guaranteed to at least break a few bones, permanent injury isn't out of the question.
>>
>>14049869
That's probably the worst way to get hit, those front, single side,l hits are the hardest to get rid of the energy from. If you look at crash tests basically every car scores the lowest there.
>>
>>14049869
>>14049890
If you're going this route, you'd better be sure that you aim for just a glancing blow. A head-on collision with both cars going 30 is pretty deadly.
>>
>>14049819
>implying they are going to search your house, and call in a CSI team to take all screwdrivers in your house to the testing lab

the police dont give a fuck about your car. they are trying to get the guys stealing cars. if you call in a theft and they find your car, thats the end of their work.

the insurance companies can tell when people lie. if they can't prove it, they will make it very fucking difficult to get money, and keep their 'investigation' open for a long time. no one is setting up crime scene tape and swabbing your car for fingerprints though
>>
>>14049877
>>14049878
You hit a tree at 40km/h and almost all cars will be totaled instantly. The airbags go off and the front is bent, that's it, scrapped.

So you drive along a road at 60km/h, suddenly swerve left and slam on the brakes. You hit the tree at 40-50km/h, getting out with maybe a bleeding nose, and you're all set.
>>
I just bought my car and I'm not saying I regret it. However I already wouldn't mind getting something else.

I'm just waiting for icy roads then I'm going to drive circles all day around any place where old people are playing bingo or around any Perkins restaurants.
>>
>>14049995
My gf just got a new car because a drunk old lady slammed into it while it was parked in a lot. She was trashed and slammed on the accelerator thinking it was the brake, speed across the lot and presto.
>>
> go to shitty neighborhood
> windows down keys in ignition
> wait
> stolen
>>
>>14050084
many insurance companies have it written in where they won't cover if it if it was stolen via keys left in ignition/car left running since it's 100% your own stupidity.
>>
>>14049463
Put an extra key box in the wheel well, then have it open without a key in it when it is found
>>
>>14049231
OP, what car are you trying to total? If it's a Civic or something easily/frequently stolen, just leave it somewhere bad and the work will be done for you.
>>
stop on longer road where traffic is light

nail polish doused rags in interior.

ignite

call police after 3-5 minutes. tell insurance smoke started coming out of vents. have a reason for being on said road.
>>
>>14049995
Just sell it?
>>
>>14051012
I think op needs to call suicide watch.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.