[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heating problem suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 6.jpg (355 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
355 KB, 1600x1200
Howdy. I don't usually ask any boards for help, but /o/ is a good community.

My 95 del sol (1.6l SOHC) (D16Z6) has been overheating today. If I stop driving, add coolant until full (barely any) it can stay cool for about 3 hours before overheating. The sucky part about it overheating is that there is white smoke coming off the radiator and I radiator fan seems to only come on once in a while.

I checked the fuse box and the one for the heater motor has some black on it, could replacing the fuse fix this issue?
>>
Considering you posted a stanced car pic I'm not surprised your car is neglected.
>>
>>14044868
Go back to reddit with your fwd piece of shit you fucking faggot
>>
>>14044902

I just picked a random del sol photo off Google images. I do the best to take care of mine.
>>
>>14044908
Ignore this shitposter
>>
>>14044868
>could replacing the fuse fix this issue?
no idea. but if it looks broke fix it.
>>
>>14044868
Sounds like your head gasket my be going. Might wanna check it out or take her to a shop.
>>
>>14044929
Besides that, does anyone have any other suggestions?

>>14044908
>>14044915
lel top meme cream supreme, you are sure living the dream
>>
>>14044935
>head gasket
I've taken off the head of a different vehicle, so I can do this myself. Sounds cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1000x856) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1000x856
>>14044868
I would second the possibility of a headgasket, they can do some weird shit when it comes to overheating/drivability issues. Go to a good shop and have them test your coolant for exhaust gasses AND have them preform a cylinder leak down test to see if it bubbles up the coolant in the radiator, plus, it's more accurate than your typical compression test
>>
>>14045055
thanks, dad
>>
>>14045064
No problem, now sell your excuse of a car or you're grounded
>>
>>14044868
"""""""good community"""""""
>>
>>14044868
Do you have a radiator leak?
>>
>>14044868
check waterpump or thermostat
>>
>>14044868
Why the sohc del sol?
>>
get a coolant system pressure tester from vato zone and see if you have any leaks, sounds to my like a small leak in radiator as you said it has smoke coming off the radiator.
i have replaced many of the small honda radiators and they usually develop a small leak where the radiator core meets the plastic sides. dont overheat it to many times as that may kill your headgasket
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.